Going to the Movies?

Options
I'm a big film nerd, but I've been avoiding the local Cineplex lately because of the lifelong mental connection to popcorn and candy and soft drinks.

I think I'm up for it now, though, but I'd appreciate some ideas about what I could take with me to eat.

I'm thinking of bringing a packet of Crystal Light for the bottled water, and maybe a bunch of almonds... but I'm sure you experienced keto folks have better ideas than this.

What do you eat at the movies?

Replies

• Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the cinema that often, but when I have a movie night I like to have snacks too.

- Nuts (almonds, pecans, macadamia)
    - Cheese (to bring with you think about babybel or la vache qui rit or other small packaged cheese)
    - Pork rinds (my fave!)
    - Dark chocolate
    - Mini cervelat
    - Cheese crisps/crackers
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and nuts.
  • DehydrationStation
    Options
    So I caught 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' tonight, and smuggled in half a bag of pork rinds, two Powerade Zeros and 45 grams of peppered beef jerky. I made it through the 2 hours and 40 minutes just fine. Yay me.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm the same; movies = popcorn, drink and sharing some candy.

So now I buy my tickets online, go a little late so when we get to the theater we have enough time to present the tix, go to the washroom for pre-show evacuations and then get to our seats where I eat smuggled goods like beef jerky and pork rinds and hubby usually gets candy (but he likes candy varieties that I don't care for so not eating them isn't too bad)
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A bag of Biltong got me through the Hobbit.
  • hernamewasdana
    Options
    I just came here to say Smaug was amazing and I can't wait for the third one :)
  • Kickin_it_Keto
    Kickin_it_Keto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you found some good ideas. I take baby bell white cheddar cheese, grass fed sausage sticks (remember to snip package before leaving), dark chocolate with sea salt and/or nuts. All of these fit neatly into pockets or purse. I am lucky that my theater sells Smart Water.