January 1, 2014 Challenge kickoff

Options
mulecanter
mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
Welcome to the April Fool Challenge. This is a sequel to the Christmas 2013 Challenge but all new-comers are welcome. A spreadsheet is available to set and track your goal and log your Monday morning weight each week. If you have questions just send me a message. Set your own weight loss goal, make it reasonable and challenging to get the most out of the group--we like a good horse race. :happy: You can access the Google drive to the spreadsheet file, enter your MFP userid, Starting Weight (SW), Goal Weight (GW) and then lose weight and enter your weekly weigh-in in the appropriate cell. I'll ensure the formulas are up to date and accurate. As you make progress you will get color codes on your percent loss to show your approach to the finish.

Weigh in January 1st for your SW. Monday weigh in's then commence on January 6. The winner is awarded a shower of praise and glory and biggest Fool status.

Replies

• cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi mule! All v organised, as ever... :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I love it!!
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I need something to kick my butt into gear :D
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Learning curve in progress.....the spreadsheet file on google drive is now shared and open. Sorry about that, go to the posted link and add your MFP userid to the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AthipuWF6c4jdFh6eEhrRTFEeENBbGFWZ1o1cm9SWkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
  • debbiehun
    Options
    I joined FitnessPal so long ago, I had forgotten I had. But, I'm back and at 60 my new motto is: "It's never too late." Looking forward to your challenge and accountability. I'm also looking for a email friend to encouraged and be encouraged by. Let me know if you're interested.
  • slysimon
    slysimon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm all in for this challenge
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    HI i HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SITE FOR A WHILE BUT i NEED TO GET IN SHAPE I would like to do this challenge and I think it will help
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mule!! :laugh: Sign me up!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mule, think the spreadsheet needs its settings changing as I'm unable to add my name currently.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up too ... I seem to have the same problem as Cathy though ... cannot write on the spreadsheet ... must we join the group first?

:)Thanks ... a medium-term goal :O ... nice challenge!
  • evakoz
    evakoz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in:happy:
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I could not add my name to the GoogleDocs Form.
    Thanks for organizing.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you! I need a challenge to help keep me going, especially after the first few weeks of the year!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'll come up with a 3 month goal over the next few days that is reasonable but also challenging. I'll also be doing measurements Jan 1 '14 for a better picture of where I'm losing my weight.
  • shrinkingviolla
    Options
    Yay!!! Good luck everyone :)
  • LifeLight91
    Options
    Another reason to get excited about the new year!!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Please add me! ????
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Like I said, learning curve. Try accessing file again, I've changed the setting to allow public editing. I hope that was the issue and folks can now enter data on the spreadsheet. I'm such a fool!!
  • LifeLight91
    Options
    Good Luck Everyone!
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in!