Feeling Drained

Options
totried
totried Posts: 7 Member
Hi I am a 67 year young female. I workout about 6X a week. I a home-made sport drink after my workout. My question is why am I drained. I feel good during my workout but when I finish I am drained. I workout at home with Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home/ Walk Away the Pounds DVD with weights, 2 or 3 pound weight. About a year ago I used to run and workout for 45 mins, now 30 mins fast walk is it. I've workout for years but now I'm wondering if I should slow down or stop. I really don't want to do either I love to exercise, I get natural high. At one time I was into weight lifting, would love to get back into it. What solution should I use. Oh yes I am about 50 lbs over weight but I was that weight before and I was still able to lose and continue exercising. Life happens and the first of November 2012, I had stop exercise for 6 due to a shoulder injury and can't seem to get back to where I was in October 2012.

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    Options
    It is hard to get back to the routine after down time. Just keep doing a little more each week and soon you will be back to where you want to be. Are you getting enough protein and good carbs for energy? Might check into that. Plus you might want to take Vitamin B12 if you are not already. Whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP. You can do this. We are all here to help you.
  • totried
    totried Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Campanella
    Campanella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did you get back to working out again after your injury. It has been awhile. I injured my right shoulder and it took 5 months to get better.