Let's do this again... Newbie to MFP.

Options
Hi friends, thanks for stopping in to say hello. I would love to make some like minded pals here while I start this paleo journey again. I've lost a little over 6kgs so far and have decided its time to ramp it up and get things happening. Got big plans for the next 52 weeks, but thought the extra support from a community such as this might be the extra help that I need...

You can read a bit about my story here... http://www.hellotillie.com/2013/12/my-story.html yes, I blog, about all sorts of things but mostly my lifestyle and my new quest for health and vibrancy.

24 years old, in a brand new city, about to embark on the most real journey I have ever been on... Come for the ride? Let's be pals...

Replies

• Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice to "meet" you.

I'm Meghan, 37 year old mom of 5. Trying to lose weight and be fit so I can continue my military career.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear what your big plans for the next 52 weeks are :-)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Joy age 42 live in the UK mum to 3 children. I became paleo around 2 months ago in an attempt to treat my fibromyalgia and I feel so much better. I relaxed a little over the holidays and I am now convinced this works for me. Starting my first whole 30 on 5th January. You have just reminded me I need to start blogging again. I start with good intentions and then before long I haven't blogged in months. Friend request sent.
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have also recently come back to MFP and to primal. I struggle with chronic fatigue and it makes exercise and cooking difficult. But not difficult, unfortunately, to put on a few extra pounds! So I'm here with you. Trying to make the next 52 weeks go a little differently! If you are the friending type, feel free to friend me. If not, see you on the boards!
  • ceestahr
    Options
    Beautiful blog! I'm in the same boat.. eating paleo(ish) and living in a new city!! I'll send you a request :)
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 and a mom of a 20 yr old special needs child. I have been off the wagon now for 6 months and need to get back on and moving. Feel free to add me.
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. 26 years old, mother of 1, 5' 9.5" and around 157lbs or so. :)
  • anniedy
    anniedy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My fiance and I tried paleo eating for all of November and had awesome results; weight loss, no headaches, clearer sinuses/breathing and more. We gave up in the holiday season which really showed us how much our health had improved while eating Paleo.

My one question: for about the first week I die without the processed carbs. Constantly craving them, be a little moody, never seem full no matter how much I eat or water I drink. After the first week, I'm much better. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My fiance and I tried paleo eating for all of November and had awesome results; weight loss, no headaches, clearer sinuses/breathing and more. We gave up in the holiday season which really showed us how much our health had improved while eating Paleo.

My one question: for about the first week I die without the processed carbs. Constantly craving them, be a little moody, never seem full no matter how much I eat or water I drink. After the first week, I'm much better. Does anyone else have this problem?

Totally normal. Craving the carbs takes a few days to get out of the sysyem. Give it a little time and you'll be rocking paleo again no problem! :)
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a 25 year old grad student who is back on the Paleo wagon after the holidays. Feel free to add me :)