Advice, please :)

Options
Anyone have success with battling hypothyroidism without meds? I really don't want to start taking anything at 26 but I have all of the symptoms. Very tired, can't lose weight, losing hair...etc. Also, my Dr. does not think this should be diagnosed yet because my TSH was 4.8 which is still within their labs normal range of 0-5. I don't know if I should get a second opinion or just wait. There is also a strong family history of this issue . Any advice would be wonderful! I've been feeling so faint and not up for my normal activities lately. I've been having spells of feeling disoriented and about to faint. Nothing else seems to have been found or determined.

Replies

• ChloeBianca
    Options
    Hello, :) I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at the age of 14, I'm now 22 so I've been battling it for a while. I have been on synthroid (levothyroxine) the whole time and they have had to keep upping my dosage, yet I still have all the symptoms. I constantly feel lethargic and really just don't have the "drive" to do anything. You may look into all natural supplements such as selenium or thyrosine. I am currently waiting for mine that I ordered through GNC. I guess what I'm trying to say is even if the dr gives you a prescription for the thyroid meds, that doesn't mean they will actually help all the time, or they didn't with me. Good Luck :)