January 1, 2014 Challenge kickoff

Options

Replies

• DHUPPEE
    Options
    Doing nothing for too many years has taken its toll. Time to change that!
  • ame43
    ame43 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!:smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    UGH... So Miserable. Since Oct 2012 to Dec 2013, I was 209. Now 225!!!! I'm so ready for a new me!
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge. If I can keep myself on track, I'd like to lose 15 pounds. :smile:
  • Laura_Jean76
    Laura_Jean76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    all signed up and ready to go. I would like to lose 30 lbs in 3 months then another 30 lbs for every 3 months to I hit my GW of 120 lbs.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Goal is to be on track more than 80% of the time! 10 lbs would be nice too!
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! One of my daughters is getting married in August, so I need all the challenges and support I can get! :smile:
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I wanna lose 15 pounds by April 1st. I'm working on my LAST 15 so this will definitely be a challenge!:wink:
  • frostytots
    frostytots Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, I needed something to get back in tune with my loss.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Miserable. I was 289lbs. went to 209lbs. Now back to 238.9. I finally got my correct weight today! I have to do this for me!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am currently a bit discouraged with the scale, and more discouraged by support groups that go *poof* without warning. I am honestly looking forward to the new year when I won't have a party or an evening out multiple times during the week.

I do really well with challenges (historically), but it seems like many of them have a very low participation rate. I am really hoping this is an active group and the fact this group has been around before gives me hope. :flowerforyou:
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in. April 1 is my wedding anniversary. It's a good goal date for step one in my weight loss. :)
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've decided for a 15 lb weight loss goal, that would be just over a pound a week.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this challenge! I'm a newcomer to your challenges. I am excited to get started! I'm 5'5 and around 170. My goal is 20 lb to get to around 150 lb.
  • BLillard68
    BLillard68 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am so ready to start this challenge! I am currently at 191 lbs. and I would like to get to 175 lbs. It may not happen by April but it will happen by the end of the new year!!!!
  • Lifeisfantastic
    Lifeisfantastic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello--

I would love to join you all. My goal is 15 lb by April 1.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    goal is 10 lbs by 4/1/14. reasonable & attainable
  • carlalsummer
    Options
    Hi

My Name is Carla I like the idea of belonging to a group who all have similar goals and have strong strategies for achieving their goals. The My Fitness Pal site has lots of great tools to help us all achieve our goals good luck to all.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thank you for organising this for us Mulecanter.
    I start the new year 1 lb heavier than my first weigh in :(

Thank you everyone, After reading all the comments, I am dropping my goal. A slower, more permanent weight loss seems the sensible way to go.
  • H_Jack
    H_Jack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna participate in the challenge, but probably not this kickoff today. I'm still out-of-state and using a wonky scale that's different than the one I've been weighing myself on for the last 8 months. I know I'm somewhere in the 135 or slightly under range, so I'm looking forward to using the AFC to lose the last 10 lbs and then maintain!

Happy New Year, everyone!