Poll: How do you label yourself?

Options

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% lesbian. I would never say 'never', but I'm a gold star for a reason.

I'm not into butch or masculine girls and I'm reasonably 'lipstick' myself, as is my girlfriend.

Even typing that out made me realise that I really don't like labels!
  • onemoc
    onemoc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gender: Two spirit. Not quite trans, I have the right body, but I am not full male nor full female. I perform activities from both genders if you have to break it down into the normative (European) binary and I'd rather not as those aren't my values. I am working to redevelop pre-contact values. Yes my tribe originally didn't care about who you were attracted to or what you did, just that you helped out. On the other hand, I have very aggressive streak sometimes where I don't think before I act and end up more as warrior trying to destroy everything before me, kinda happens because I faced institutional racism from a young age, and my male family members often made me feel less masculine. (hyper masculinity sucks) So I've got some anger issues, eh what can you do?

attraction: I forget how to say "that way" in cherokee. It isn't 100%, because I have been attracted to females who are primarily masculine. oh heck, two spirit.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Attraction: female, questioning... Kinsey 4-ish? HRT may help clear me up there (in a year or so).

Basically I have always liked women... but coming OOTC transgender in August has made me question things. I'm becoming increasingly feminine as I shed my old hang-ups and male-imposter habits. That has also thrown my sexuality into question, but I am deferring that until my hormone levels have been corrected (with some time to adapt).
  • TxLizzy58
    Options
    Gay, lesbian, femme. Dominant personality. No one ever thinks I am a lesbian--apparently I "don't look like one" so they say. Late bloomer--after a 25 yr marriage and two kids, I had my first lesbian relationship at the age of 48 (I am now 55). Even though I was with men in the prior years, and I was attracted to them, I do not consider myself bi, although I thought I might be before I had my first lesbian sexual experience. No doubt. I am a lesbian and wish I had acted on it sooner, but better late than never.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    100% female, very bi

same
  • justclaire
    justclaire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I call myself a lipstick *kitten*. 100% gay.
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A soft butch lesbian, but there is a 1% chance I would give my gold star away if I fell in love with a guy. Don't see that ever happening though, but there is one I can think of so I include it. With gender I'm queer. Like half the time I'm male and hate my body and the other half I love being female.
  • caccicoo
    caccicoo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pansexual, cisgendered woman married to a straight man. I am happy that labels are dropping away but I was in the closet for sooooo long that I kind of like using labels now.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Jamaican lesbian, science nerd who's a confused brownie-baking angry feminist in lipgloss--who still likes her door held and her groceries carried...uhh yah :drinker:
  • amastre
    amastre Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Dapper queer gender queer with a strong lean towards the masculine.
  • GrinderX
    GrinderX Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just a good old fashioned gay man.

I would never date someone that needed an entire paragraph to explain their "label".
  • reneed988
    Options
    I feel as if "labeling" yourself is wrong. We are not meat that has to be sold at the market. I am just simply me. If I had to go along with what "everyone else" thinks of me; then I would be considered a lesbian.

I do love women.

Now if I want to describe my STYLE then it would be as we all say "fem" but there are days wear I like to dress in men's clothing with sexy undies underneath.

Who cares about labels. That's what wrong with a lot of people now days.

Be yourself. Be happy. and just love.
  • reneed988
    Options
    @amastre Stud type huh? lol :tongue:
  • tracemyroots
    tracemyroots Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't know.
  • ki77ybunny22012
    Options
    Hmm...well Im definitely a female on the gender role, but not really femme or butch, kinda 'average' I guess between the two?

I have been in a straight / monogamous relationship; a poly amorous relationship'; and a relationship where my partner is gender fluid.

i use to consider myself Bisexual as a teen, until a couple years ago when I really started getting info on the LGBT community and realized Im actually Pansexual :)
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Just because you state a label needn't mean it's a cemented label-role correlation.

It's all in good fun :drinker:
  • tegsa
    tegsa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    if I HAD to label myself, I'm most comfortable with "queer"
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Queer. Dapper. Nerd.

this made me chuckle.
    :drinker: to the nerdy
  • heartfeltsarah
    heartfeltsarah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I identify as Sarah since that's who I am :)

I sometimes use tags like queer, bi, polyamorous, transgender etc to find people with similar world views.
  • fence007
    fence007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    FTM, queer.