getting tired

Options
i was sleeved on the 11th i lost 20 pounds on my 2 week pre diet and lost 10 pounds the first week after surgery and then they put me on the stage 2 diet for 2 weeks im down one of the 2 weeks and i don't know how im going to make it another week im soo tired of eating oatmeal and soup every day not to mention with protein mixed in just EWW but i know in one more week i can start having eggs fish tuna lunch meats etc soo it will be soo much easier but i just feel like i don't even want to eat till then i need some support

Replies

• JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Can you eat other soft foods now like greek yogurt or cottage cheese? If you can it may be nice to have a little variety.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I ate a ton of pureed black bean soup at that stage and Greek yogurt. Check out the blog, http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

She's got a TON of recipes for all stages that will make it easier to get through.
  • shaynemkeeler
    Options
    can't have cottage cheese till my next stage and i have been eating greek yogurt also but can't have any with fruit soo its just plain vanilla kinda blahh
  • idajo2
    idajo2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most of us have/had different dietary restrictions based on surgey types and our doc's orders. Can you add sugar-free/fat-free pudding mix (or Jello powder) to your yogurt to vary the flavor? I, too, did pureed black bean soup and pureed chili beans after my R-n-Y. The key, for me, when I found myself focusing on food was to get moving or start reading . . even it was a walk across the room or a chapter . . it helped. I'll be a year out, in a few weeks . . the time has flown!! The first few weeks are the hardest .. hang in there. I agree with bikrchk when it comes to Shelly's Eggface blog . . it's great - I've learned to love my protein shakes and she has SOOOO many varieties on the blog! Those of us who've moved well past the "stages" stage of our surgeries can truly relate to your discontent - most of us have been there, done that . . nevertheless, it's a transitory phase and you'll soon be enjoying a much more varied diet. Best of luck to you!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i was sleeved on the 11th i lost 20 pounds on my 2 week pre diet and lost 10 pounds the first week after surgery and then they put me on the stage 2 diet for 2 weeks im down one of the 2 weeks and i don't know how im going to make it another week im soo tired of eating oatmeal and soup every day not to mention with protein mixed in just EWW but i know in one more week i can start having eggs fish tuna lunch meats etc soo it will be soo much easier but i just feel like i don't even want to eat till then i need some support

Hang in there!! It will get better - soon. Before you know it, this phase will be a distant memory. I'm almost 17 months post-RNY. Still can't eat some foods, but living a pretty normal life and loving it!! Down from size 24/26 to an 8. Off diabetes and blood pressure meds.
    It's a long road, but you have many friends on MFP who will gladly "walk" with you!