Friends/inspiration wanted!

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Patty - I'm 43 years old and live in Albuquerque, NM. I had my consult today with my surgeon and dietitian and am hoping for sleeve in April sometime. I'm excited to make changes, especially with the new year coming. Maybe for once THIS resolution will stick! I'm looking for friends to help me along the way, both that have had surgery and those that are waiting. I am inspired by your weight losses and can relate to everyone else's apprehensions, excitement, etc.

Please reach out if you'd like to be buddies ... friends till the end ?? :laugh:

Cheers,
Patty

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It's been a little over 2 months since my procedure. What an amazing journey! More than 50 lbs down, I am no longer "obese". Still overweight, but still losing! I LIKE to work out now! WTH? Would have NEVER imagined that. Looking forward to the healthy rest of my life!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve in July 2011. I started at 386 with 226 pounds to lose, and at 2.5 years out, I am still not to goal, but this is normal. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty,

I'm teitei! i'm at the beggining process of my journey. Looking at possably having my vsg around the end of feb.. I'm just waiting to take my psyc eval next monday. Urrrr! Was trying to get one sooner, but that didn't wrk. So, i've been waiting 3 wks just for that b4 i can summit to insurance. Have to wait abt a wk for the eval results, then submit (hoping and praying that don't take forever.). BTW, im from sc, friend me if you'd like.
  • losinit4evermore
    losinit4evermore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty: My name is Kay and I live in Michigan. I had my surgery Sept 9 2013, however my journey started in October 2012. My insurance required I be part of a supervised diet program for six months before surgery. At first I was so impatient to get the surgery done I though why do I have do all this. But I joined WW and then had my first consult in May 2013. I met with dietitians, psych dr, other drs at our weight loss center and then my surgeon. I went to classes before and after surgery.

The reason I mention all of this is because for me this surgery was a life altering event. Everything I did revolved around food and lots of it. I knew I needed to learn how to get out of this pattern.

All the prep and support I received really paid off. Since my highest weight of 304 I am now at 234. I have lost 53 of these pounds since surgery and really enjoy life so much more. I joined the gym and am getting stronger every day. I truly believe if I hadn't done the work before hand I wouldn't be as successful as I am now.

Take advantage of this time you have and make the most of it.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, open diary. If you are serious start weighing , measuring and logging your food now. If you are like me you have no concept of what a single portion is. My concept was triple reality. Clear out and ban any of your Kryptonite foods from your house. Do not attempt to reincorporate your Kryptonite foods into your new lifestyle. Having WLS will not remove your addiction to them. Most WLS failures are a result of refusing to abandon your problem foods. Go to support group. I do not cook the meals I used to. I have an entirely new set of weekly meals that are 70% protein/25%veg/5%whole grain. My food fun now comes from trying new high protein recipes. Look at other people's diaries. You get the coolest food options. Good luck!
  • thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 10/26/12 and 330 pounds. I am still working towards goal. This has been the best ( and hardest) thing I have ever done. Feel free to add me and my diary is open.
  • pammccarl
    pammccarl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty,
    I had my surgery in September and it has been smooth sailing. So happy that I went this route. I would love to be friends with you.
  • dsagel
    dsagel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty,
    I had my sleeve done on August 26, 2013 and would welcome additional friends through this process. Mine will be a little different because I had it done in Canada but I think the most important things are the same. Just can't help with those insurance questions...lol.

Friend me if you would like.

Debbie
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi patty

I have lost 145 pounds with the sleeve. Feel free to add me or ask questions, I'm 16 months out
  • Katmando12
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I had vsg 11/6/13. Sometimes I get frustrated but it's the best decision I have made.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty (and all) .....

Had my VSG done this month (8th of Jan). I am very happy I had it done. I had lost almost 50 lbs prior to the surgery.

Feel great and back to my stationary bike ride. Bad knees and hip prevents me from walking long distances but I can ride forever...:laugh:

Still learning the"new" eating procedures but I am loving I am not wanting all the sweets especially at night.

Feel free to add me.

Steve
  • klh193
    klh193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty, I'm scheduled 2/27 and looking for the same. Im 42 from Georgia. I love reading about others success and cant wait for mine. Feel free to add me if you like, we can go through this journey together. Everyone seems very truthful and genuine on here with lots of advise.