New to group..seeking an accountability buddy!

Options
kaywiz25
kaywiz25 Posts: 15 Member
Hey all,
I've finally decided to make 2014 my year and I want to do that by finally kicking off my weight loss and fitness goal. I have about 5lbs of solid fat to lose and I am determined to do it in the next 3 mths....now if I can only ignore my craving for brownies! If anyone is interested in encouraging me or just simply talking about our shared goals then please reply! Thanks!

Replies

• deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am currently at 67.5kgs (148lbs) and intend to reach 62 kgs (136 lbs). I've got to loose a bit more than you. The sad part is I have been in this cycle for the past 2 years but the good part is I'm not disheartened yet. I intend to keep fighting until I reach my goal. I would love to have a friend to who could motivate me and in turn I'll make sure you do what you promise!
  • kaywiz25
    Options
    Let's do it then! Let's plan to post our exercise and calorie in take by the end of each week, that way we can hold each other accountable!
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends. :) I could definitely use help being kept accountable as far as exercise goes! That's my downfall. My food diary is private, but I suppose I could change it if it really matters.
  • kaywiz25
    Options
    Naw, I don't think it really matters...I'm pumped to restart my routine today!!
  • tayloryay
    Options
    Awesome! I exercised for the first time in like 6 months yesterday. I tried to do level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and only made it halfway through. And i'm actually sore today! Ridiculous, haha. Can't believe I let myself get so weak!! What kind of exercise are you planning to do?
  • kaywiz25
    Options
    I plan to take advantage of my company's gym and do the classes they offer at lunch. On Tuesdays and Thursdays it's spin and Mon, Wed and Friday is boot camp which varies each day. Yesterday the instructor focused on arms which is my weak spot and now today I am soooo sore! Luckily I don't need my arms for spin but the instructor is hard core so I will need all the strength I can muster to make it through.
  • tayloryay
    Options
    That's really cool that your company does that stuff! I work for kind of a small company, so don't have access to anything like that. My husband's job gives us a discount at a nearby gym, and we used that for a while, but we fell off the wagon over the Summer. We want to get some equipment for home, because our biggest problem is actually getting to the gym consistently! He doesn't like DVD workouts but I don't mind them, so that's why I thought I'd try the 30 day shred. Seems I'll have to take a step back, though, haha. My legs are still killing me today! I used to be able to squat actual weight on a barbell, too. I even deadlifted my own bodyweight once! Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
  • kaywiz25
    Options
    I know how you feel, my arms are STILL sore from yesterday. I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't exercise in the morning or after work but I can walk my butt across to the gym. I hope I will be able to keep that up when the weather gets really bad in the coming weeks. We left work early today so I didn't get to use the gym but I did come home and do my P90X DVD! Felt so good once I was done (during not so much) but I am proud of myself for doing it!
  • tayloryay
    Options
    I used to walk 3 or 4 times a week with my dog and husband, but now that it's gotten so cold I never want to go outside. I hate the cold!! I tried P90x in the past, and it's definitely rough during! I'll have to work my way back up to that. Great job working around the weird holiday schedules!!