- who you are,
- how old your twins/multiples are
- why you want to do this
- biggest challenge

Anything else you want to tell us! :)

Replies

• karen27944
    Options
    Karen with 4 year old twins who are in pre k. I also have a 21 and 19 year old college boys. I'd like to get a healthier intake on food and maybe lose about 30 lbs. I've done fad diets but have put it back on so want to do it right.
  • bethishere
    Options
    Hi! I'm Beth. I have a 3.5 year old, and 1.5 year old twins. Trying to lose the weight from all 3 :)
    I want to be a healthier and better example for my kids, and be able to do more active things with them.
  • Mbarmitage
    Options
    I'm Marie. I have just turned 5 year old b/g twins. I've lost 7 lbs since September, when we moved into a two story home from a single story. I want to be healthy so I can enjoy playing with my kids. I was diagnosed with Lupus a couple of years ago, and am finally at the point with my health where I can work out some. My goal is to be able to walk with my kids to school when they start next September. Hopefully, we'll get a group together before long and we'll all be walking together. Their school is 1.0 miles away. :
  • laura9607
    laura9607 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura. My kids are 11, 9, 4, and b/g twins are 3. I'm going on 39 and want to transform my life in 2014. I have about 70 pounds to loose. I'm a homemaker married to a workaholic police lieutenant who loves me as I am which is a blessing and a curse. Been in here a long time but this is first group to join!
  • jenifurlynne
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenn, I have 6 yr 10 month old twins (a boy and a girl). I am 39 years old and I teach self-contained Autism class K-5. This is my 14th year teaching. I a total type A personality!! I suffer from: stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, under active thyroid, and now I am boarder line diabetic. I am at the heaviest I have ever been. I just feel like I don't have enough time for me, to take care of myself! I don't want to be fat, I don't want to hate clothes shopping. I need to do this for myself and my kids..
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello mamas! I'm Carla, my twin boys are 16 months old. I'm a personal trainer part time so I'm extremely hard on myself. I'm about 10 pounds away from where I'd like to be. But my goal is to change my attitude mentally, and accept my body how it is now and work hard to get it to where I want it to be. I've been suffering depression since the boys turned one, so struggling with that on top of dealing with my two crazy toddlers and trying to lose weight (on top of many other things) it's been a rough year. I am looking forward to a fresh start, mentally physically and emotionally!! I want to be healthy for my family and to feel better about myself. And eel that I'm good enough regardless of the number on the scale or the size of my jeans.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Amy and I am a 39 yr old mother of B/G twins who will be 8 months old on the 14th. I am still 10-15 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight depending on the day, but pre-pregnancy weight was still overweight.Ideally, I would like to lose another 30 lbs or so. I haven't truly exercised at all since the babies were born. I work full time and I just haven't made the time to exercise. I would rather spend all my free time playing with the babies. I want to try to workout at least 2-3 times a week. I have been really successful with MFP in the past and I just hope I can get back into the groove of it all. I want to be healthy for my children and to set a healthy example for them.
  • marshaoz
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Marsha. I am the happy and proud mom of 6 month old b/g twins. I'm doing this because I have diastasis recti and I want to get back into shape, I want to be a fit and healthy example for my little ones and I want to be able to be active and have fun with them. My biggest challenge is that I stress eat, so when I have a tough day I grab candy or carbs. I think joining this group will give me the motivation I need to get started on my goal to get fit again. I look forward to our journey to being fit !!! :-D
  • Twincubatorx2
    Twincubatorx2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I keep saying this, but I'm so glad you're all here!

I guess I should introduce myself, too!

I'm now officially "over 50" -- ugh!! that is, I'm over 50 years old AND I'm over 50 pounds overweight. Before kids, I was really active and at one point I was playing soccer on 3 different teams. I love soccer and sports, but I hate "exercise". I can't stand to go running, but love running 3 - 4 miles while playing soccer. Unfortunately, I'm now too overweight to play! I am carrying so much weight that my hips start to hurt if I try anything too strenuous.

I have 2 sets of twins. My fraternal boys just turn 13, and my identical girls are turning 11 this month. Where did that time go?!

I started a blog several years ago at TwinParenthood.com -- but I haven't written anything for it for about a year. :blushing: I still try to post a daily question, though, on our Facebook page -- which is now up to 6,874 people. I wish I had more time for it, but have been working fulltime for the past couple of years and just don't have the energy or motivation. At one time, I had hoped it would bring in some extra money for us, but I don't even have the time/energy to monetize it -- so it is just a hobby -- because I can't give it up. I love connecting families with multiples.

So... here I am again, connecting all of us together so we can support each other as we get fit this year. My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I am motivated and hoping it lasts.

See you on Wednesday!

Kat
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jenny. I have g/g fraternal twins who will be 3 in February. They are a handful these days, but they are super cute! :happy:

I want to do this so I can be healthier and more active with my family. I have PCOS. I'm not sure if being overweight as a child caused my PCOS..but I have strong feelings that it didn't help. Having PCOS has had a major impact on my self esteem growing up. I absolutely do not want my daughters to have to deal with the symptoms of PCOS, especially if it's something I can prevent by showing them how to eat healthy and be active.

My biggest challenges are finding time and energy to exercise (after working all day and coming home to make dinner for 5 people, plus the whole bedtime routine), eating while I'm cooking, finishing my kid's meals as I clean up, eating for comfort, overeating at dinner, snacking at night.... I could go on and on.... :laugh:

2014 is going to be my year to healthiness and happiness!!
  • msorange504
    Options
    hello! i'm kim (almost 34yrs), my girls will be 3 in Jan.
    never joined a group like this before, and afraid i'll forget to even "check in" with it. i'm tired of "putting off" my health/happiness & am striving to just be better.
    i would love to drop some of my bad habits and create better ones, for not only me, but my family.
    i have severe motivational issues :), used to work out occasionally…….nowadays, i forget to even eat, or i eat my kids' "leftovers" on "the run". i'm tired. my husband is tired. our kids are not.
    this past year has been stressful, and the new year…………. we're hoping not as much, lol.
  • galuptiousone
    galuptiousone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 39 and I have twin boys that will be 4 in February. I also teach special ed full-time at a high school. I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds. I am petite, maybe 5'2" and weigh 127. It's not a big number, but my body fat is 31%. I'd like to get that number down!

Oh, I have lost over 20 lbs three times in my life. I'm tired of going up & down on the scale depending on my stress level.
  • pookiedoo87
    pookiedoo87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 26 year old mom of boy/boy fraternal twins who will turn three at the end of this month. I have PCOS and once I started gaining weight in college I never stopped. I have 75-100 lbs to lose. I just quit a very stressful teaching job in November and am getting back into doing behavior analysis with children with Autism. I am a perfectionist and have had a hard time adjusting to a life that I can't make "perfect". I really want to spend 2014 taking time to enjoy my boys and getting healthy. I want to have the energy to enjoy an active lifestyle with my boys. I am new to MFP.
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Lisa i am 32 years old and I have b/g twins who are almost three. Last year they were both diagnosed with Autism. It is a little tough at times. I will admit i turn to food and over eat at times. I have about 40 pounds to lose. I am now trying to clean up my diet as best as I can and drink lots of water. I mostly exercise at home. Feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • cgavinr
    Options
    Hello! My name is Cara and am 32 with a 5 yo and triplets that just turned 3 last week. I stay at home with the kids and have found myself exhausted at night parking it on the couch, enjoying a glass of wine and having plenty of snacks. I really need to change my behavior in order to get results. I have gained 36 pounds since having our first and would love to see that old number again. I have dieted in the past but as soon as I see results I get lazy and stop. Hopefully having a group of ladies in similar situations will be the added encouragement I need to get things done. :)
  • EplusThree
    EplusThree Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cara, Bless your soul with trips! :)

I have ID boys who just turned 2 in November.
    I'll be 32 at the end of this month.

I'm trying to reach 150. I started at 178 a few days ago.

Water weight can really motivate! It's always nice to easily shed those first few pounds just by knocking out soda.
    I've just started Insanity (today). I'm an avid MFP user (well, it's only been a few days, but so far, so good!). With the app, it's so easy to take with me and even if I'm not logging, I'm always flipping through different features.
    Good luck to us all!!
  • brownamy
    brownamy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am Amy and I have a 9 year daughter and my boys are 6. I have been a family and consumer science teacher for 9 years and now teach part time and am an elementary administrator part time. I am pretty busy between work and family life, especially with. My boys being recently diagnosed with ADD and working through all that goes with that. I just turned 35 and would like to get back in shape in 2014 and stop losing and gaining.
  • jaznsusan
    jaznsusan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am Susan in Michigan and I've been 39 for several years now. ;) I have fraternal twin girls who will be 8 in March. I have the cardio exercise down, and I also do Pilates. My goals for 2014 are to tone up my arms/shoulders/upper back and clean up my eating (which is okay, but could be better). If I can lose 5 pounds doing this, I'd be happy. :)

I spent 15 weeks on bedrest with my twins and it was very rough dropping the 42 pounds of baby weight I gained because bedrest killed my metabolism and even breastfeeding could not fix it. But I persevered and eventually got rid of it. It can be done. :)
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am Shanna from Kansas. I am mom to an 8 year old girl, 6 year old boy, and 9 month b/g twins. I am looking to lose 30 pounds. I lost 20 right before we conceived the twins but haven't been able to get any routine going to lose the weight since having the babies. I started a couple of months ago and then the babies stopped sleeping and I just didn't have the energy. Excuses, excuses, I know. Anyhow, it's a new year and I am ready to get to business and meet my goal. My biggest challenge will definitely be time management. Besides the children, I work full time at a university, and am currently enrolled in school full time this semester. Looking forward to sharing this journey with other parents of multiples. :)
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm Lindsie and I'm from Kansas. I actually just found out on Monday that I'm pregnant with twins so I'm not trying to lose, but I need to try and stay as healthy as possible so I'm here for support. I lost close to 50 lbs a year before we decided to try for a baby, then suprise! that baby ended up being two! From what I've read gaining weight is extremely important when having twins and I'm having a really hard time with that. So far the scale keeps going the wrong way.