Welcome-Tell us about you :)

Options
Hi! I started this group so that we can all be successful in achieving our goals. So share a little about yourself; where you are from, what occupies your days, and what your fitness goals are. I am super excited to see where we all end up at the end of the 90 days!

Replies

• AngDenSti
    Options
    My name is Angie. I am married to a wonderful man (who is doing the program with me) and we have three beautiful kiddos, 14, 12, and 11 years old. I am a teacher and a graduate student so I am VERY busy!! I love BeachBody programs and have finished TurboFire, Insanity, and T25. I also have run multiple half marathons. I am a cardio junkie!! LOL Even with all my cardio, I still haven't gotten my body where I want it, and I think that resistance training is what I've been missing. So that's why I am now doing p90x3. Day 3 of P90X3 and I am more sore than I'm used to!

I would love to lose about 5 pounds and gain a lot of definition in my body! My real weakness is eating right and I will need lots of motivation and support to stay on track with my diet.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am single and have a beautiful daughter (15yrs). By day, I train new military recruits how to be weather forecasters. At night I teach college-level earth science part time.

I have completed P90X and Insanity and I regularly run 5K and half marathon races. I would not call myself a cardio junkie since I much prefer weight training, however, I am looking for new and fun ways to drop my body fat another 5%.

My eating is well under control thanks to a healthy dose of CDO (that is OCD, but with the letters in alphabetical order, the way they should be). I have found if I log my food/menu the day ahead of time I can not only get the right number of calories and carb/fat/protein percentages, but I don't wander aimlessly wondering when and what my next meal will be. It also helps to find recipes you like and cook 10-14 meals ahead of time and throw them in the freezer.

Thank you again for the invite. I am hoping this group will be more active than the others on MFP and I can somehow contribute.

Mike
  • pandora13
    pandora13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is, Darlene, I am 36 years old and I am super excited to be starting P90X3 tomorrow! I recently started my weight loss journey mid August with Focus T25. I completed the full 10 weeks of it and lost 18 pounds, since then I have been maintaining. I have done an amazing job with not gaining through this holiday season, and now I am ready to start losing again!! I love that P90X3 is only 30 minutes! I am a stay at home mom and have been married for 9 years...I have four children ages: 19yrs, 6 yrs, 4yrs, and a one year old. I will be posting my starting measurements tomorrow.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My name is Niki and I am an HR recruiter for a bank. I work from home which is nice for the most part. My husband is great and is a left leg amputee. We have a 7 year old daughter. I spent many years in yo yo diets. In the past year I have really put a focus on clean eating and found I get much better results eating a lot more food. I still allow myself a cheat meal here and there. The past year has been the most successful for me. I had unexpected major surgery in Augutst and have been struggling to get my body back since then. However I am more determined than ever. I am a home workout program junky :-) I have done most of the programs out there!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am Amber. I am starting P90x3 on Monday 1/6. I did look at 3 of the workouts last night...seem like they'd be fun. I've done turbo fire, turbo jam and insanity...I've never finished any of them...mainly because I have exercise ADD (as some other people in our group call it). I do have the original P90x but it was alwasy too long for me. I'm excited to start the 30 minute one! I will aslo be jogging along with this.
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a 38 year old mother to 4 2-legged (2 mine two acquired by marriage :) and 4 4-legged kids on the Oregon Coast. I work for the Department of Corrections full time and teach at the community college part time. I started the Classic Schedule yesterday, though my diet sucked due to brandy and eggnog. I wish they would just take eggnog off the market again already!!
    I have gained and lost and gained again the same 15 pounds for years. My goal this time is to lose it and keep it off. I was doing good early this year and finally working on the last 10 I wanted to lose, then I was hospitalized with an intestinal rupture and a couple months later had surgery to remove 18 inches of intestine. Since then I am back up to 150 and need to start over.
    I loved Total Synergistics yesterday and am really looking forward to Agility X tonight. I told mom I would meet her at the pub for a New Year's Eve drink, but it will be one glass of wine and that is it and only after my workout.
    Thanks for starting this group! I hope we all stay active!
    Heather
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Yvonne. I'm 45 years old (can't believe that!) and have a 22yo daughter and 20yo son, both in college and out of the house. I live in Mesa, AZ and work in IT in local government. I have an awesome husband who does all my workouts with me :) I have 2 golden retriever/shepherd mixes and also foster puppies for a local rescue.

I'm a lot like HeatherZousel in that I keep gaining/losing the same 15-20 pounds forever it seems. My closet ranges from size 0 to size 8 and right not i'm at the higher end.....would love to just be a size 4 and stay there!

I completed p90x in early 2012 and had awesome results, but life got in the way and I didn't keep it up. I think most of that was that I had to basically stop my life to fit in those 75-90 minute daily workouts and could not keep that up for the long haul. Now that I have x3, I'm hoping to stick with it. I've also done Jillian Michaels Total Body Revolution a couple times, but never really saw results like p90x. After doing x3, it is a whole 'nother level of workout. Don't think I will go back to the Jillian workouts.
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie, I am a 52 year old, mother of 2 boys (24 and 26) who lives in the Houston area. I have been using Beachbody programs for years. I loved all of Chalene's programs, but my favorite was Les Mills Pump when it came out. That was the program the helped me win the monthly Beachbody contest last year but losing over 35lbs. I have since done Les Mills Combat and T25. I really like the shorter intense programs because I just don't have a lot of time for the hour workouts. Tonight is week 1, day 2 for me. Loved Total Synergistics but need to go up on some weights. My nemesis is pull ups, though. I thought with all the strenght training and pushups I have done, pull ups would not be a problem for me. I could not do a single one on the chin up bar for the fit test. I now have to modify with bands. Does anyone else have this problem? Nice meeting everyone!
  • Butrovich
    Options
    my favorite was Les Mills Pump when it came out. That was the program the helped me win the monthly Beachbody contest last year but losing over 35lbs.

Congratulations! Nice to know we have someone in our group who can share her successful experiences and guide us in the correct direction.

Mike
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Nice to meet you all. I'm Max. I'm 38 and a mum of 1 year old twins. I've done a few Beachbody programs in the past - most recently T25 which I totally hated. I'm on Week 2 Day 2 of P90X3 and I'm loving it so far. Now I just have to work on getting my eating under control. I always start out well but as the day goes on I get sloppy. Looking forward to getting fit with you all!
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Why did you hate T25? Just curious
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I hope it's okay if I join. I'm officially beginning p90x3 on Monday. I have tried a number of the workouts already. I can't wait to get started.

I'm a 31-year-old marketing professional by day and a single mom to an 11-year-old boy and two lovely puppies by night (and weekends).

I completed 90 days of Chalean Extreme in November. I loved the weights. I then moved on to T25. Although, I did enjoy it, I didn't complete it. I've been all over the place with these workouts, while also incorporating the lifting routines from Chalean Extreme. I'm not big on cardio and wanted to continue down the path of strength training. So I got my hands on p90x3.

I'm hoping to shave off 20 lbs, but I'm trying to be realistic and not overly hopefully. I only lost 11 lbs with CLX. Why does food have to taste so yummy??

Hope everyone is doing well with their routines!
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm just not a cardio girl and I felt like it was so cardio-heavy. And I really missed using weights so the Alpha phase was a huge struggle for me.
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm so excited our group is growing. I know the support and motivation is going to help me so much!!

And the pull ups are sooo hard for me. My goal is to be able to do at least 5 on my own by the end! :)
  • Butrovich
    Options

And the pull ups are sooo hard for me. My goal is to be able to do at least 5 on my own by the end! :)

Don't feel badly. The US Marine Corps set the female minimum standard to 3 pullups, but had to delay that because half the women in boot camp couldn't do them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/02/marines-female-fitness-pullups/4294313/

So look at it this way. If you are able to do five in March, you will be able to kick the butts of half the women Marines! :)

Mike
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    Thanks Mike. That makes me feel much better!! :)
  • sammtin72
    Options
    Howdy!

I am new to doing groups on myfitnesspal! I am hoping this group is active! I am a widow & mother to 4 boys. 24, 23, 16 & 3. I am 5'2" and have about 50lbs to loose. I have gotten the hang of eating healthy so that won't be a problem for me. I usually have a problem with finishing workout routines but after my first one today, Synergistics, I think I am going to like this program. So many different moves and it goes by soooo fast!

Here is to getting fit/healthy and meeting new people with the same goals!

Tami
  • 2chrismorris
    2chrismorris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Chris, I'm married with two kids . A 11 yr. old son and a 6 yr. old daughter. I'm 41 and have completed P90X a couple times and started and stopped several other times. :) I dropped 30 lbs the first time I did P90X and maintained that weight for 1.5 years. Have slowly put weight back on and need to drop about 30 again. Completed day 1 on 1-6, looking forward to a great 90 days.

Chris
  • ting001
    ting001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello
    My name is Carol. I am 44 and live in Minnesota. I am a high school teacher and mother of a 15-year-old boy. I enjoy running (after April) and run at least one half marathon and a duathlon each year. Three years ago, I completed a round of P90X, and although I did not lose any weight, I could tell that I had made huge improvements in strength and flexibility. Since then I have just mixed and matched those workouts and the P90+ whenever I didn't want to go to the gym.
    Last year was a tough year with my son, so I gained 15 pounds from the stress. He's back on track and has been working to lose weight too.
    I started P90X3 on December 26 (my dad gave it to me for Christmas). I am doing the lean program. I also am going to try to go to the gym and run on the treadmill 3X per week. My goal is to run two half marathons and the duathlon this year.
    This looks like a great group to look for additional motivation!
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 44 yrs old, married with two kids. I work for an IT company in the Denver area. I just moved here from Dubuque, IA but I'm originally from Toledo, Oh. I'm also a musician (guitar player) and had to leave a fairly successful band for the job in Denver. I'm about to join another band out here and want to make sure I'm not the fat guy on the stage LOL!
    I have been through P90X a couple of times and lost some weight, gained some muscle, but never really did well with the diet. I just started P90X3 on Dec. 30 and I am really going to try to focus on the diet this time around. I feel like I have the exercise built into my life now so it shouldn't be too overwhelming to add just one more piece of the puzzle.
    -John