Fitness over 60

Options
sculler62
sculler62 Posts: 13 Member
I'm looking for women in my age group who are athletic, love to work out and still need to lose weight. Are ya out there?

Replies

• Dianemattsondowling
    Options
    Hi I'm 74 & very active - hike daily 45min to 1 hr, ride stationary bike 15 to 30 min.
    Trying to lose 22 lbs, my 1st goal the 20 more.
  • sculler62
    sculler62 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, Nice to meet you. I've just lost 11 pounds and am trying for 30. It's freezing here in VT so I'm temporarily limited to boot camp 3x a week. Look forward to skiing! Good luck on your journey!! B
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have just spent a lot of time watching the Olympics and I cannot imagine how anyone finds it fun to slide down a hill on ice or snow. I just saw snowboard cross last night and that looked like roller derby on a hill. It was a lot of fun to watch, but wow...talk about precarious. Glad you like to ski - I know a lot of people who do and it just amazes me that people don't faint from terror while doing it!

Plus, I have one knee replaced and can always hear the doc say as I was leaving the hospital "Now, don't fall on that knee - you can break the applicance." He could have just meant during the recovery period, but I still gingerly walk around in the snow some 7 years later.

Having explained what a chicken I am in the winter, I will say I am 62 and love working out in the gym. My favorite is Olympic Weightlifting, but that is out of the question until knee #2 is replaced. And, the doctor won't do that until I lose some weight.
    The bad knee limits me on a lot of fun things I would like to try - like a boot camp or some kind of class with weights. I work out with a trainer and concentrate on strength training although squats are sort of out of the question. But a deadlift is ok, believe it or not. One thing I have discovered this time around is that weight loss at this age is SLOW. But, as you both know, we just have to keep on going because giving up won't get us where we want to go either!