What's Your Fave Keto-approved dish/recipe?

Options
msnucerity
msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
I'm looking for new ideas so I thought we could all swap!

I'll start: my fave recipe is Tumeric Cabbage:

- 2 tbsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 - 1/2 c butter (depending on your preferences)
- salt and pepper to taste
- large head of green cabbage, sliced or diced thin (whatever your preference)

- melt butter, add tumeric, flakes, salt, pepper and seeds until they just start to slightly brown
- add cabbage and saute on low to med-low until the cabbage is soft (about 25-30 min)
-devour!

try not to eat too much or you will get gassy :)

Replies

• hernamewasdana
    Options
    http://main.kitchendaily.com/recipe/nutty-pimiento-cheese-balls-152992/

Haven't made these but they look amazing! I adore pimiento cheese. Obv the recipe calls for low-fat versions of a couple things and I'd go full-fat.

I was looking for vegeartian- and keto-friendly appetizers for a girl's night this weekend and this would fit the bill!
  • delta229
    delta229 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tonight I cooked:

Spicy, Bacon Wrapped, chicken tenders
    Deviled Eggs
    Fresh Pico De Gallo

I eat less than 5 carbs a day and 2 grams of sugar. This is a great dish!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's my favorite, but it's right up there.

Salmon (seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in ghee at med heat for 5 min per side)

Creamy Dill sauce (2 servings: 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1/2 tsp horseradish, splash of lemon juice, garlic salt, 1/4 tsp dill weed)

Garlic Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower (8 servings: 1 med head cauliflower, 3-6 peeled garlic cloves, 4 tbsp butter, 4 tbsp cream, 2 oz cream cheese 1/4 cup parm cheese; break up cauliflower into florets; boil with peeled garlic 10 min; drain. Blend until smooth with other ingredients; pour into quart baking dish; top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired; bake at 30 min at 350F)

552 calories, net carbs: 3
    72% fat, 24% protein, 4% carbs.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I tried this new recipe out for Xmas,

1.5 lbs chopped broccoli and/or cauliflower. Mix in 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup grated cheese, 1/4 grated Parmesan. Put in greased casserole dish. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 until top bubbly and starts to brown.
  • RxKetogenicRx
    Options
    Scrambled Whole eggs smothered in cheddar, Colby, or Monterrey jack cheese...got to try throwing in some bacon.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/just_like_stuffed_baked_potatoes.html

I have never liked cauliflower and I was very reluctant to try this recipe. I absolutely love it and I have to fight my kids for leftovers :laugh:
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I call it "Hamburger without the bun" but the ingredients don't even fit on a bun, so I don't know where that came from.

1 hamburger
    25 grams cheese
    40 grams spinach
    50 grams avocado
    30 grams bacon
    15 grams onion
    30 grams tomato
    15 grams mayonaise

Fry the onion, bacon and burger. And the last couple of minutes you put the cheese on your burger to let it melt. And then throw everything on a plate ;) Of course things can be added or changed, my parent also eat pickles with it and they don't like raw spinach so they use lamb's lettuce.

calories: 732
    carbs: 8
    net carbs: 7
    fat: 60
    protein: 33
  • tastethis
    tastethis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have made slow cooked flank steak twice now and it's so amazing. It's a little pricey, but very tasty.

1 flank steak (seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and chili powder)
    1 chopped onion (I used white)
    1 can Rotel (diced red&green chilis - mild)
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1/2 cup water
    1 tbsp olive oil

Pour water and oil in pot. Mix all veggies together and pour half of mixture in pot. Brown spiced meat on both sides and add to pot. Pour remaining veggies onto meat. I cooked mine on low for 8 hours.
  • Roze_Lintje
    Roze_Lintje Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/just_like_stuffed_baked_potatoes.html

I have never liked cauliflower and I was very reluctant to try this recipe. I absolutely love it and I have to fight my kids for leftovers :laugh:

I tried this today and I really liked it! Thanks for the recipe
  • jhiggi83
    jhiggi83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im also doing a 20/4 Intermittent fast schedule so this may be too high in calories for most but my first meal is this:

5 eggs: Scrambled
    4 Slices Bacon
    1 Sausage
    1 oz cheese
    You cook the bacon and sausage first and then drop the egg mix into the bacon grease. Finish with the cheese and you have about 900 calories and a ton of fat
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My easy throw together go-to is chicken breasts (or pork or shrimp or scallops or beef) cooked and glazed with sugar free orange marmalade mixed with a little cayenne pepper. Fast, very little hands on, and tasty.

Also, chicken breasts (or pork or shrimp or scallops or beef or cauliflower or broccoli or cabbage....lol) coated with oil (i use peanut oil for higher heat) and dusted with favorite spice rubs. I use chicken spice rub, game rub, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, etc). Bake until done.
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night for my mac-and-cheese loving mate, had it with grilled steak and mushrooms. Yum! I added crisp, crumbled bacon on top. :)
    From Keto Kitchen.

1 large head of Cauliflower
    Vegetable Oil Spray
    1 Cup Heavy Cream
    2 oz Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
    1 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
    1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar, Shredded plus 1/2 cup for sprinkling on top
    1/4 tsp Pepper
    1/8 tsp Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt.
    Spray the 8 x 8 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.

Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.

Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower and stir to combine. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes. Serve.

Makes about 6 servings: Calories 377 Carbs 6
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    bacon_explosion1.jpg
    Bacon Explosion

I use a sugar-free barbecue sauce, and lean more on the rub to avoid sugars. I've heard of sucralose-based barbecue sauces, but I've not tried one.

I must also stress that even I recognize this is not a healthy dish. The sodium levels are enough to choke a fish, but once a year, it is a true treat in which I may partake, all while in ketosis.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    bacon_explosion1.jpg
    Bacon Explosion

I use a sugar-free barbecue sauce, and lean more on the rub to avoid sugars. I've heard of sucralose-based barbecue sauces, but I've not tried one.

I must also stress that even I recognize this is not a healthy dish. The sodium levels are enough to choke a fish, but once a year, it is a true treat in which I may partake, all while in ketosis.

OMG I want one of these!
  • alohaLCHF
    Options
    This is a current favourite of mine:
    http://cookieandkate.com/2013/quick-roasted-brussels-sprouts-coconut-ginger-sauce/

The sauce is the best part and can be used on pretty much any vegetable, but meats as well. I use full-fat organic coconut milk (there's more solid fat in the organic stuff, I've found). For a quick make-ahead meal, pour a batch of sauce in a oven-proof dish that I've filled with bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks/thighs, wrap with foil or cover with lid; pop in a 275C oven for 3-5 hours and you have perfectly tender, fall-off-the-bone tasty chicken.