Week 1 Tips

Options
Here are some tips to keep in mind as you begin the first week of the challenge.

Check out this week’s video from Shaun T: http://youtu.be/Gp1kPKPUL3w

Hydration, hydration, hydration! Water helps curb hunger. Shaun T suggests drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water each day. Not only will water keep you hydrated and quench thirst, it will ease your hunger.

It’s not how fast you do the moves that counts, it’s about doing each move correctly and not sacrificing your form. If you find yourself struggling, the best thing you can do is modify. Stay with Tania. I think you’ll find that you still get quite a workout. Also, it’s totally ok to take a few seconds to catch your breath and then get right back in there!

Replies

• rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I just finished day 2 and feel great, I love Speed 1.0. Sometimes I catch myself feeling crappy about having to modify occasionally, but then I remember that the fact that I'm even doing this is huge and snap out of it, haha.
  • lmjohns23
    lmjohns23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to hate on Tania in Insanity, but she's my new best friend in T25!
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Too bad Tania is taken, because I'm pretty sure I'm in love with her. She makes T25 accessible when I just want to quit. Day 2 complete!
  • Robin_Brown72
    Robin_Brown72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So true! You'll appreciate her even more on Day 3. Wow! I do love the way I feel when he says "TIME". Keep up the great work!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,898 Member
    Options
    I will not have my DVD set until Friday or Saturday. But if I can I will do some extra now and then until I catch up. Totally doable for me. I have always worked out. I just eat a bit to much! I have done other beach body workouts. I am a big lover of pushups and burpees. I am thinking this is right up my alley.

Shelley
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 today and was begging for mercy at 22 minutes. I hated the pike ups. I did it but I don't look as pretty as them and my water would certainly have spilled. Looking forward to getting better.
  • blackdiamond912
    blackdiamond912 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 and just wanted to say forget it, its to hard, but when I looked at how much time was left I was like its almost over I might as well finish and Yes Tania is my bestest bestest friend, I don't know what I would do without a few modifications.
  • kamyers1289
    Options
    Oh man, day 3 just about killed me. My legs are super sore from the first 2 days, and all those lunges and squats....ow. Not liking Shaun very much today, but I pushed through and finished the workout. Now I'm off to the gym for a slow swim to stretch out these tired muscles.

Hope all is going well with the rest of you. :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My hip flexor are where I am really feeling it! Wonder what new pain day 4 will bring? :)
  • Robin_Brown72
    Options
    My hip flexor are where I am really feeling it! Wonder what new pain day 4 will bring? :)

Abs, Abs, Abs. I just sneezed and it hurt! Lots of up then down alternating between ab work and cardio. Didn't sweat quite as much during this one but I am definitely feeling it!
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    Did ab intervals this morning… I agree that the sweat and burn wasn't quite as much but I still feel like I pushed pretty hard! I can feel it in my lower abs the most right now.
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Oh man, day 3 just about killed me. My legs are super sore from the first 2 days, and all those lunges and squats....ow. Not liking Shaun very much today, but I pushed through and finished the workout. Now I'm off to the gym for a slow swim to stretch out these tired muscles.

Hope all is going well with the rest of you. :)

I am with you on this! I think Total Body Circuit is the hardest workout of the whole program. I dread it!
  • Robin_Brown72
    Options
    How was everybody's double day? My legs were shaking and I definitely had to modify! Looking forward to "Sunday Stretchday".
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    How was everybody's double day? My legs were shaking and I definitely had to modify! Looking forward to "Sunday Stretchday".

My legs were shaky after finishing lower focus too! I made it through cardio and it wasn't too bad, but I did have to modify a bit: mostly with the squats/lunges. I feel good though! Looking forward to resting tomorrow and stretching on Sunday. One week down!
  • kamyers1289
    Options
    So since I started on Tuesday instead of Monday (Hello, shipping delays!), my double day was going to be today. But I woke up late and feel totally sick, so I'm doing doubles tomorrow. Am I nuts? Perhaps. But when I do my double tomorrow and start again with week 2 on Monday, I will be on track with my program :) Yay.

Also, I lost 1.6 pounds this week! Go me!
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    So since I started on Tuesday instead of Monday (Hello, shipping delays!), my double day was going to be today. But I woke up late and feel totally sick, so I'm doing doubles tomorrow. Am I nuts? Perhaps. But when I do my double tomorrow and start again with week 2 on Monday, I will be on track with my program :) Yay.

Also, I lost 1.6 pounds this week! Go me!

I don't blame you for wanting to catch up, you're not nuts! Also, congrats on the 1.6 pounds, that's great!
  • Amconley
    Amconley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So, I finished the entire week of T25 (even with that terrible two workouts in one day bit!). I find myself having to do the modifier for almost every day. I am getting a weird sort of clicking noise in my knees. Ah! Does anyone else have this strange problem? I hope as I lose weight and get more flexible that it goes away....

Other than that pesky problem, I feel great (read: sore)!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So, I finished the entire week of T25 (even with that terrible two workouts in one day bit!). I find myself having to do the modifier for almost every day. I am getting a weird sort of clicking noise in my knees. Ah! Does anyone else have this strange problem? I hope as I lose weight and get more flexible that it goes away....

Other than that pesky problem, I feel great (read: sore)!

No clicking noises in my knees. I have a hip that has done it for years. I just don't kick as high when it starts doing it.

Just got mine and did day one today. I like starting on Saturday. Not as much time for working out on week days. Right up my alley. I like this. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,444 Member
    Options
    I have clicking in my hip when I walk sometimes. No problems with it.

I got Day 1 - Cardio DONE!! I was able to follow the routine with a few exceptions where I had to modify. My knees are a problem, so I'll have to see how they do with all the jumping around. It was a sweaty workout for sure!!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Day Two done. I really like all the stretching. Lets me catch my breath. Up to the last 7 or so minutes. Then it is just push push push. It was fun. I was sweating enough that I thought I might need to get out my raft. :explode: But managed to make it all the way through following Shawn. I love burpees. And these modified ones were great for the heart. :happy: I have been reading and some of you say that the Total Body Circuit one is the hardest. Looking forward to having my butt kicked. Thanks for the warning. :sad:

Kamyers1289, congratulations on the weight loss. Great going. :drinker:

Shelley