Fit Test 1: Push Up Jacks = 0 :(

Options
Jillatha
Jillatha Posts: 85 Member
Hi All,

I could not even do a single push up let alone a push up jack! What is the trick to improving??

Thanks

Jill

Move Fit Test 1
Switch Kicks 66
Power Jacks 27
Power Knees 57
Power Jumps 18
Globe Jumps 5
Suicide Jumps 8
Push-Up Jacks 0
Low Plank Oblique 8

Replies

• currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing play. This was Day 1..this is where you start. You will improve...so exciting!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    As curlee stated u will improve fit test is a starting point By your second fit test you'll see improvement
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just keep practicing, Add in some regular push ups to your daily exercise so that you are able to start doing push up jacks later:

Move Fit Test 1
    Switch Kicks 32 (64 total but you count it as 2 kicks=1 count :( )
    Power Jacks 40
    Power Knees 60
    Power Jumps 20
    Globe Jumps 4
    Suicide Jumps 10
    Push-Up Jacks 14
    Low Plank Oblique 43
  • Furtis17
    Options
    I was only able to do 1 and then in the first workout DVD I struggled a lot with the exercises that incorporated push-ups. Like the others said, this is day 1, we will improve :)
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I picked up a really good tip from a guy on here (or one of my Insanity groups) Instead of focusing on the amount of time and the speed, do counts. So for example I did the Pure Cardio workout the other day and counted my Jumping jacks until I started to feel it (20). I did the same with the full round of different exercises we did then when he cycled around back to the jumping Jacks I tried for between 20-22. Adding 1-2 more each cycle. It helped me stay at my pace, and not kill myself, but I was still sweating up a storm and burned 650 calories. I was actually able to make it through the full DVD this way.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I picked up a really good tip from a guy on here (or one of my Insanity groups) Instead of focusing on the amount of time and the speed, do counts. So for example I did the Pure Cardio workout the other day and counted my Jumping jacks until I started to feel it (20). I did the same with the full round of different exercises we did then when he cycled around back to the jumping Jacks I tried for between 20-22. Adding 1-2 more each cycle. It helped me stay at my pace, and not kill myself, but I was still sweating up a storm and burned 650 calories. I was actually able to make it through the full DVD this way.

I am in my second round and I do this every workout. For every movement, I know how many reps I did the last time I performed that workout - I challenge myself to meet or surpass that number in each of the 3 rounds. It's a great way to be sure you're challenging yourself and it certainly feels good to note improvement from week to week!