2014 Goals - First Quarter and beyond

Options

Replies

• fittlefattle
    Options
    Happy 2014!

First Quarter:

*Maximize n00b gains
    *Continue to read everything in this group and soak up all yer delicious knowledge
    *Complete first round of Bret Contreras 12 week program and begin again
    *100 lb + hip thrusts (I'm thiiiiss close)
    *Hit macros goal daily
    *Be accountable and own my actions
    *Continue to push myself at the gym and progressively load weight
    *Lower body fat %
    *Continue losing inches and taking measurements every two weeks

I'll set goals for second quarter as it approaches.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Barring injuries, my goals for 2014 include goals for strength, flexibility, and trampoline skills:

First Quarter Goals:

<>left and right splits (I'm so close!)
    <>split jump at 180* on trampoline (at about 160* now)
    <>back bend pushup, assisted
    <>burn 600 calories five days a week doing exercise--using trampoline, calisthenics, stretching, walking, some weight lifting, and Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike
    <>eat 1500 calories
    <>lose at least 15 lbs.

Second Quarter Goals:

<>back bend push up, unassisted
    <>rocking horses (a skill done in a back bend position)
    <>aerial cartwheel on my trampoline
    <>burn 600 calories five days a week doing exercise--using trampoline, calisthenics, stretching, walking, some weight lifting, and Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike
    <>eat at my BMR of 1500 calories
    <>lose at least 15 lbs.
    <>get below obese BMI range: 30% BMI and <162 lbs. Currently 199 lbs.

Third Quarter Goals:

<>rocking horses (a skill done in a back bend position) done to a standing position
    <>standing backbend, assisted
    <>Brani on my trampoline, unassisted
    <>lose at least 15 lbs.
    <>get in the overweight BMI: 25%-30%, 138-162 lbs.

4th Quarter goals by the end of 2014:

<>standing back bend, down and up, unassisted
    <>aerial walkover on my trampoline, unassisted
    <>back tuck on my trampoline, unassisted
    <>pike position stretch, going completely flat because my stomach is no longer an obstacle.
    <>bench 100 lbs. (can do 80 now)
    <>lose at least 15 lbs.
    <>get into a normal BMI range: 18.5%-25%, 108-138 lbs and to weigh around 125 lbs. again at long last!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    1. Lose the last 18 pounds and maintain
    2. build more strength in my upper body so
    3. do at least 1 pull up, hoping for more than that, lol
    4. Bench press-60 pds to 100 pds
    Squat-45 pds to 75 pds
    Deadlift-75 pds to 125 pds
    Overhead press-45 pds to 75 pds
    5. Plank for longer than a minute without dying, lol
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Goals for 2014:

- stick with current bulk until end of January
    - cut back down to 18% bf by June 1
    - 10 chin ups
    - 10 pull ups
    - bw squat (~135 lbs)
    - 1.5x bw deadlift (~200 lbs)
    - 100 lb bench press
    - < 25:00 5km run (current PB = 26:08)
    - start a new bulk cycle in September and gain 5 lbs LBM
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    1st qtr goals:

Log every single day!
    Restart SL 5x5
    Work on unassisted pull-up / chin-ups
    Hit macros consistently
    Gauge progress w pics & measurements, not scale
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Goals for 2014

1. Reduce my weight to 275lbs from the current 325lbs.
    2. Increase my benchpress to a 1RM of 315lbs. My highest in 2012 was 290 and I'm working back towards that after a haitus.
    3. Increase my deadlift 1RM from 465lbs to 495lbs.
    4. Increase my squat 1RM from a 2012 high of 405 to 455. Alternatively, I'd like to be able to do a set of 5 reps with 405lbs.
    5. Increase my OHP 1RM from a calculated 155 to 185. Alternatively I'd like to be able to do a set of 10 reps with 135lbs.
    6. Be able to jog for 1 mile without walking or resting.
    7. Be able to jog for 3.1m without walking or resting.
    8. Compete in any variation of a 5k race, Mud Run, Tough Mudder, etc. around my birthday in May.
    9. Be able to do 1 unassisted pullup.
    10. Fit in a size 40 pant.

How I Will Achieve Them

I will be putting additional effort into my calorie tracking and accuracy. I will try to fill out my diary even on days that I go over so that I have at least a record of what is going on in case I need to review the information.

Nutition Goals

Starting Weight: 325lbs
    Goal Weight: 275lbs
    Difference: -50lbs

(Results below are based on the calculate from Scooby's Workshop)

BMR: 2480kcal
    TDEE: 3411kcal
    TDEE-20%: 2,729kcal
    Intake Goal: 2,600kcal

Strength Goals

I will be following a 5/3/1 style plan when I'm home and can make it to the gym. Since I travel a lot, I will also be incorporating some bodyweight exercises to supplement my training while in a hotel, but will stick to the 5/3/1 schedule as much as possible.

Cardio Goals

I will begin by doing a pre-C25K style interval training. Since I'm so heavy and my cardiovascular fitness is abysmal, I will start very low and do intervals of 30s jogging, 60s walking for the first two weeks, then add 15s/30s each week until I am able to jog for 2 minutes sustained. Once I hit that goal, I will begin the "traditional" C25K training.

Anticipated Results for 1st Quarter (End of March)

Weight Reduction: 15lbs
    Bench: 290
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 475
    OHP: 160
    Running: Half mile sustained
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna copy cranq's format brb.

okay for first quarter.

A) LOG MY ****ING food. Just maintain, I'm already pretty accurate and steady with this.
    B) Lose body fat at least a little. This I suck at.
    C) Improve on my lifts the best I can, and accept when I cannot.(other back issues and FEAR I work around)
    D) Moisturize. LOL in a strange twist I came up with the wacky resolution of moisturizing more. I slack and have tons of lotions so I plan to achieve this by pulling them all out tonight after the kiddo's in bed and lining them up by "almost gone" "almost expired" status and start with those. I hope to need new ones by spring. that's my goal to use them all up by spring b/c they do me no good just sitting there.
    E) strength. Use the dumbbells I have for squats, deadlifts, and hip thrusts and need new ones by spring. $ave up for that.

and just not to need a pull up or depends. just pantiliner while MFPeeing.
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @bellesouth - the trampline goals sound awesome! I hope you post some videos.

For 2014:

- Stay injury-free
    - Deadlift 225 lbs.
    - Hip Thrust 315 lbs. (might try to get this one done by end of 1st quarter)
    - If my gym ever gets a squat rack I'd like to get to 130 lbs on squats.
    - Do a set of 10 pull-ups
    - Learn to do a free standing handstand for 10 seconds
    - Look good in booty shorts. (am I too old for that?)
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    First quarter
    1. Log everything
    2. Lose 6 lbs by April 1
    3. Continue to progress in my lifting program

By the end of the year I want to be down 25 pounds and be moving into an intermediate lifting program.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    -Finish the strength training program I'm currently doing (Mark Lauren's Body By You) and transition to his other, more challenging plan, as laid out in You Are Your Own Gym

-keep successfully maintaining

That' s it for the next few months. I'll start running again in the spring and would like to do at least one 5k this upcoming year. But I'm having a blast jumping around on my new rebounder, so we'll see how much I get back into running again.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    -Continue to focus on improving my diet and logging accurately
    -Become more consistent with my workouts and begin increasing weight/intensity
    -Keep concentrating on losing inches, rather than letting the scale determine how I'm doing
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    - Log accurately. No more guesstimates - use food scale.
    - Reduce body fat %.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Goal: get another 50-mile ride in on my bike. Last one was in October. In order to get that in at a respectable time, have to expand city routes.
    Barring Health issues, rides include 100mi in a week's time.

(edited to add: make & eat more pie.)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    @bellesouth - the trampline goals sound awesome! I hope you post some videos.

For 2014:

- Stay injury-free
    - Deadlift 225 lbs.
    - Hip Thrust 315 lbs. (might try to get this one done by end of 1st quarter)
    - If my gym ever gets a squat rack I'd like to get to 130 lbs on squats.
    - Do a set of 10 pull-ups
    - Learn to do a free standing handstand for 10 seconds
    - Look good in booty shorts. (am I too old for that?)

Thanks! I have been thinking of posting one soon. I have been doing my back handsprings again. Yippee! Good luck with your goals. If I can help you with the handstand, let me know.

And no, you aren't too old for booty shorts. If my legs looked as good as yours, I'd be one happy, happy woman! And I'd show them off!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Stay healthy enough to stick with the program. (This means doing what I can to make this happen- treat my medical issues aggressively and live a healthy lifestyle every day that I can).

Keep my eye on the prize - healthier, stronger, and fitter- even when I don't feel like it. I can do better, even when I'm not 100%.

Restart Stronglifts (somewhere lighter than where I left off) to get my compounds back up, then back to Wendler or other program with accessory lifts.

Cardio (HIIT) at LEAST 2X per week OR skiing when we have good snow to keep my lungs healthy through the rest of the winter here. I cannot do another round of bronchitis with the asthma.

Follow the recommendations made (long ago) here for me for protein/cals/macros. I haven't forgotten, just needed to get better first.

So... I would like to lose weight (fat) and/or inches consistently until I feel more comfortable in my skin- I am flabby and gross and weak right now. My vacation in April is a good 'goal point' and I'd like to look and feel a lot better in swim/summer wear.

AND.. I am open to and welcome all suggestions if someone has ideas to help me get back on the fitness train and make some quick improvements.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Finish C25K (starting week 3 today!)

Start (and finish!) Body by You (already downloaded onto my phone)

Continue to progress in horseback riding until I am actually jumping 2'+ fences (just jumped crossrails last week for the first time)

Compete at a horse show this summer. Maybe. :wink:

Continue weight (fat) loss--want the 5 lbs gained over Xmas/NYE off by the end of the month, so that I am back in the overweight category rather than the obese. Eventually I will get to the elusive normal category. :happy:

Get the courage to have a bod pod done so I know what my body fat percentage is--the formulas are giving me widely divergent numbers. Repeat the bod pod 6 months later to track progress :blushing:

Walk/run/bike 50 miles in January (met my goal of 30 miles for December!)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Finish C25K (starting week 3 today!)

Start (and finish!) Body by You (already downloaded onto my phone)

Continue to progress in horseback riding until I am actually jumping 2'+ fences (just jumped crossrails last week for the first time)

Compete at a horse show this summer. Maybe. :wink:

Continue weight (fat) loss--want the 5 lbs gained over Xmas/NYE off by the end of the month, so that I am back in the overweight category rather than the obese. Eventually I will get to the elusive normal category. :happy:

Get the courage to have a bod pod done so I know what my body fat percentage is--the formulas are giving me widely divergent numbers. Repeat the bod pod 6 months later to track progress :blushing:

Walk/run/bike 50 miles in January (met my goal of 30 miles for December!)

I'm loving Body By You! I can definitely see progress- after 6 weeks my arms look :love:
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    1) Shave off those pesky few bodyfat % left (I should probably do pics - my last ones are a year old)...then
    2) Bulk like a mother****er - A 12st Rugby player is a joke...I've been put on the wing....used to be on the flank...

That is all.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to lose that last pesky 11-12lbs to hit my long term goal weight of 200. I set this goal last June with about 30lbs to go at the time. The goal date was my birthday on 1/24, but I'm too far away right now. It's a reachable 1st quarter goal.

After that I'll see what the tape measure and mirror say and decide if I want to go another 10-15lbs, or go to maintenance mode.

I'd like to get my waist down to 32". It's 35 now. Somewhere around 12% bodyfat, I'm around 17% now.

Longer term goals once I hit 200lb bodyweight:
    bench 300
    squat 400+
    deadlift 500.
    These are all weights I used to do with ease but I was a lot heavier back then.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lose my fear of feeling stupid when learning to lift and quite being intimidated by it - I'm just starting the 5x5 Stronglift program and reading SS.
    Gain Strength by doing #1 above.
    Feel good about my body inside and out.