Introduction and saying Helloand

Options
Hello Ladies,

My name is Tasha I joined MYP last year but fell off my wait focus for health reason for a few months. But surgery is done and hope to be cleared to get back to my normal routine this week if not next week so I am starting fresh today logging food and tracking. I am proud of myself for while not be able to exercise but maintaining what I eat the majority of the time (even when not logging) I only gained back 10 pounds and that is with 2 holidays in there so not bad LOL.

I am committed to reach my personal goal of at least 200 or a size 12. I have never been a small girl at my largest when I avoided scales I wore a size 26. I have worked hard to get to my current weight of 237 and size 14 I am more active now and feel healthier. I have done this alone so far but would like a support team other than the encouragement of my Doctor who is happy that I did not rush for surgery at the start of this journey.

I look forward to the support and hopefully to be support and encouragement to others!

Replies

• Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My name is Stacy and I joined MFP today....My goal is to get back to my goal weight; 2013 provided me a ton of challenges and sad to say, I gained much of my weight loss back and know it will be a lot more if I do not get back on track. This time around I am more concerned about a toned body rather than a number on the scale.
  • forsuperA
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Modern_athena
    Modern_athena Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stacy and Tasha.

Hello all,

My name is Nada. I also joined MFP last year but I didn't really stick to a healthy diet (lifestyle) long enough to notice observable results. I've been overweight/obese most of my life. 3 years ago I decided to change that and basically starved myself to lose weight, well I accomplished that but guess what? I was miserable, unhealthy and gained all the weight back throughout the year! I'm here to start all over again but this time I'm doing it right. No more starvation or fad diets and no more binge eating (yes I did that as well).
    My ultimate weight goal is 57 kg (125 lbs); this is about 75 lbs away!

I'm excited to get to know you all and provide support.

Oh and Happy New Year :D
  • tashadell
    Options
    Hello Nada and Happy New Year!
  • tashadell
    Options
    Hello Stacy and Welcome!
  • Garlicmushroom
    Garlicmushroom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been using mfp for a year but first joined dec 2011 but only added it to my new phone looking for calorie counters.
    I've had 3 profiles in total,I made the mistake of adding to many under eaters and it drove me a bit mad,so i now try to stay away from adding anyone eating under 1200 and not eating back the cals.
    I'm allergic to gluten,have primary raynaurds and a pescetarian so I have the fun of trying to keep my iron levels up along with calcium as being unable to eat calcium fortified gluten foods and found the constant low level caused raging pms but i can control it being taking calcium supplement .
    I take winter off from logging and have been on a break since late october around my birthday after the chilly air started to cause pain in my arm due to my raynaurds but I was ready to start again after gaining 12lbs I'm in the right mood again.
    I first joined mfp to get off my baby weight that i had been carrying for 2 years,lost that and more 19lbs intotal down to 140lbs again.
    I can't wait to get my veg garden going again and aiming to loose the 12lbs ive gained and more.
    I can tell you eating back the cals really does work. of cause as long as you don't go over them.
    I've started juicing aswell this year and I love it,very refreshing.
  • DawneAdore
    DawneAdore Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    My name's Dawne. I'm 5'9" and at my highest weight yet - at 206 lbs! I used to be quite a gym rat but over the past 8 years I've slowly gone less and less. I just rejoined a gym that opened early December and my goal is to start off going 3 to 4 days a week. My goal weight is between 160 - 170 lbs, but my main focus is going to be cleaning up my weekend diet and getting my butt into the gym!!
  • Sshamrock17s
    Sshamrock17s Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Stephanie.
    I joined MFP a few years ago but have not been good about dieting or exercising. I have decided this is the year I lose the weight- no matter what I have to do. I joined the gym and have been going faithfully for a month, but the eating is still what is holding me back. So, starting today I am going to be logging everything and holding myself accountable for once!
  • wilsonspringboro
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Tracy and new to MFP. Just started using fitbit 1/1 and MFT 1/8. Have about 70 pounds to lose with goal of at least half that by time turn 50. Following low carb diet and trying to get back in shape but work nights so is a challenge to eat, sleep and exercise in healthy ways, but have decided I will not turn 50 in this condition. Have a husband and 2 children in home 18 and 13 that try to be supportive but eat whatever they want and dont think about or understand why this is so important to me. I am tech challenged so am learning how this program and system works as I go. Can't even get my photo to load right side up but trying not to get frustrated and use what I can till I figure out the rest. Love challenges that will help get me motivated and keep me on track. Have lost 9 pounds since 1/1 but the hard part is ahead. 61 to go.