INTRO

Options
Hello to everyone that is taking out the time to read this. My name is Tiara and I am 25 years old. I live in west point, MS. I am a full time employee, single mother to one, and a full time student. I have been on my weight loss journey for sometime now about 2 years nearly. I started at 350lbs and lost 60 pounds in 3 months. I went from a 28W to a 18W. I was doing great, but life kinda caught me lol. I had a lot of things going on and eating right and exercise was no longer a priority I guess. I had a few setbacks everytime I tried to get it together, including major knee surgery, and having to learn to walk all over again. Well to sum it up I have been up and down since. My lowest was 270 but now I am back up to 300lbs and I feel terrible at myself but I know I have to get up and start moving. I have had myfitnesspal for a while now but just now getting into it. I would love to make new friends and support on this journey and I would love to embark on your journey as well for support and strength. I am joining the gym in January to get a more proactive environment and I know this is the start of something new. Please Feel Free to Friend me :)

Replies

• lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome :)

I'm 5'11 and 29 years old. I started this on June 25 at 375 pounds... and have lost 70 pounds!! I love this site! it has honestly changed the way I think about food and has made me actually slow down and think about what I'm putting in my body! I am a total food addict and I cringe at the amount of crap I was eating!! I had a small hiccup during the holidays but have since stopped the madness and jumped back on the healthy food wagon!!

Feel free to add me!! I'm here every day and try to offer support when I can!!

20915408.png
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiara, don't feel bad about your weight. You are here, you have a plan and you're going to do something about it! That is a cause for celebration. :happy:

I'm 5', 33 and my top weight was 409lbs when I joined MFP. I hate seeing the red line on the MFP app when I go over my calorie goal, so I pre-log all my meals for the week (adjusting as necessary on the day) and I have found that has really helped me keep to my calorie goal. You know you are excellent at losing weight, so you can do it again and we are here to cheer you on! :drinker:
  • sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! there's no need to be upset for going back up, I kinda feel like thats normal and I'm also telling myself that because I gained a few pounds over the holidays! I friended you, and good luck on your journey!
  • onlyvictory2014
    onlyvictory2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words. I do appreciate it and I know I need the support right now. I will give encouragement and support as well. We are here for a reason not just for a season and I know we can do it...Lets get the lifestyle we desire