The 1 thing you want that your excess weight is preventing?

Options
The one thing I want to do that my excess weight is preventing is to have a child. I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome! I have used that as an excuse my whole adult life, but I will do that NO MORE. I can lose weight but I have to be diligent about it. I know I can overcome my weight which will make it easier to conceive as long as I have support!

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you deal with the curse of pcos. I do as well. I will tell you that I truly believe losing 30 lbs is what enabled me to finally have a successful pregnancy after 6 years of trying. So you are doing the right thing and I will pray that your dream comes true.

I am currently at my heaviest weight and it makes me extremely depressed, which causes me to eat and the vicious cycle continues. I want many things that I can't have now, but one of those things is to wear clothes that actually have shape and don't look like a tent. I would love to be able to shop for clothes that I think are truly flattering, rather than just buying anything in the store that is the right size.
  • GottaLoveRenee
    GottaLoveRenee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, it's preventing me from living my life to the fullest. There are so many things I want to do and places I want to visit. With this weight comes fatigue and not much flexibility. I have to do this once and for all. I believe that journaling my food intake and thoughts along with exercising, I can turn my life around. If I can beat breast cancer, I can and will shake this weight off. I'm not making anymore excuses.

My next life changing step is to join a group of some kind (bowling, biking, camping, or something). I want to get out more and live! I'm doing this for me!
  • AlethaC46
    AlethaC46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree to live my life to the fullest. I miss out on a lot. Like riding rides at an amusement park. Just walking is painful. Would love to be pain free. I know my weight is the problem. I want to live to be an old lady.
  • Katep219
    Options
    Confidence! I miss it. I'm the biggest I have ever been right now. I was heavy in high school then got into amazing shape in college. I became a personal trainer and felt awesome. I've had 3 kids and let myself go. I just joined tonight and am ready to get serious about becoming healthy again.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Like Katep219 said, confidence! I want to be proud of my body, and to be proud of who I am. I'm tired of being the fat girl in photos, or being the person who can't take the turn of sitting in the middle in the backseat because I'm too big. I want to feel beautiful; to stand out for the right reasons and not the wrong ones. It's hard to remember that, especially when I'm about to binge. I usually end up telling myself "You're not beautiful, you'll never be beautiful, so what's the point in even trying? You're fat and that's all there is to it." I want to be confident enough not to have those thoughts anymore! And not to let a 1.5 lb gain on the scale (like today) get me down to where I want to binge even more.
  • charianna2
    charianna2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey ladies... I hear you all... I have two grandchildren and what I miss is not being able to sit them on my lab, as for the one that sits on it year in & year out is my biggest baby, my stomach. I can't get down & play with them or ride bikes with them, yet I'm grateful that my beloved does these things with them, although i miss out. I've never been able to have these moments with them, and I did with my own children. I would like to regain my freedom, able to live whatever years God grants me to live here on earth, I want to live it to the fullest... As far as I'm concern, there's still many things I want to do & places I want to explore. I'm so tired of being tired!!! I began this journey in April and with God's help I plan to continue my life time... I like MFP because it holds me accountable with the foods I eat and the exercise I do, which is Zumba twice a day for 50 minutes each time and I must say I LOVE IT!!! :heart: I decided back in April I will go forward and won't turn back. I've had several setback during this journey. I hardest one was my father past away a few weeks ago. It's been so darn painful and disheartening. But I WILL CONTINUE ON THIS JOURNEY FIRST FOR ME, THEN FOR MY DAD, WHO WANTED THIS FOR ME... DAD I KNOW YOU ARE LOOKING DOWN AT ME AT THIS MOMENT AND I SHALL DO YOU PROUD!!! YES I WILL!!! So ladies I'm here for you as I know you will be here for me... FOR EACH OTHER!!! Blessings...
  • JustPlainAndrea
    Options
    I want to be able to walk a long distance without my feet hurting.
  • vanessavfales
    Options
    RUNNING , I dream of running! Been overweight my whole life! I just want to RUN!
  • vanessavfales
    Options
    Welcome to getting back on track! I joined this past Tues. and im down 4.4lbs. I feel amazing! 2 kids did a number on me, time for me to focus on me for a while ! Best wishes
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am approaching the big 50 and I want to be happy with myself!

I have dieted ever since I can remember - feeling great when losing and reaching target, only to slide back into old habits and regaining the weight and some! This time has to be different!!

I have a 'bucket list' of things I wish to achieve and being overweight will get in the way. So, today is day one of the rest of my life!!

Please feel free to 'friend' me if we could help each other!!

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • tamm92
    tamm92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happiness.
    My depression and Polycystic ovaries make it incredibly hard to be happy, plus that extra weight is causing back and knee problems.
    I'd like a pain free day for once. :) One day.
  • DCHandsDown
    Options
    **New to the Group :blushing:

Just one thing? lol

Previously @ 280lbs: (For a moment, I forgot how far I had come)
    If I had to pick one thing it would be to live life like a normal healthy person. And by normal I mean not having to worry about if im too big to ride a roller coaster, or if ill fit in the seats at a sporting event or a concert. Not have to worry about being limited on what stores I can buy clothes at. Be able to keep up with my friends walking at the beach or really anywhere for that matter.

Currently @ 235lbs:
    Becoming one of those runners who make running look like a simple stride! I can jog for about 30 seconds, but not without looking like a crazed lunatic. I have faith though! Anything is possible with hard work and dedication!

I can finally wear jeans from old navy (one of my fav accomplishments!), my friends have trouble keeping up with me at the beach and I am considering a trip to Busch Gardens next month. One of my biggest fears is being publicly humiliated because of my weight. I think I am ready to face that fear now, im just hoping for the best!

Good luck to you all on your personal goals! When times get tough always remember why you started and how far you have come!

-Amanda :glasses:
  • mangobed
    mangobed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 62 and have done (4) 5K races For the Cure. I let myself go, developed Type 2 diabetes and everything came to a HALT. My knees hurt so bad (Arthritis), it's hard to walk for long periods of time. I've finally decided, I'm worth it and have gotten my diabetes under control, AND, have a goal of 2014 to do my 5th 5K Race for The Cure.

WE have got to get healthy for OURSELVES. I have 3 Gkids I want to be around for and keep up with!!! Life is GOOD, when we take care of ourselves!! I'm glad I found this group... Peace..
  • My excess weight is preventing me from being a confident mom. We recently moved back to my hometown where I was always thin, tan, and popular. Because of my weight gain and three kids I don't really know what to do with myself. I don't feel confident and miss the days of walking into a store and not looking at the sizes.

I miss being able to be trendy. I don't want to be the Fat Mom.
  • WalkingRita
    WalkingRita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want what many of you want. I want to live the life i dream of. I want to have the energy to run around with my toddler. If i get the weight off now for good. He will never remember having a fat mommy.
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    Running with my kids on the beach. I feel that I slow them down because of my weight and the pain I have in my knees. I am hoping that when I lose the weight,the pain will be less and I will be able to run again.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    there are many things this weight is preventing me from doing, I am not happy at all and I have 2 children 12 and 10 and do not want to be in pictures with them or do activities with them. My daughter is 12 and fairly thin but thinks she is fat so I need to get my own frustrations with food under control so she doesn't have the same issues.
  • BelleVegan77
    BelleVegan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would like to dress like me. I am so tired of wearing what fits. I want to feel like a girl. I want to wear little dresses and high heels. If I tried to wear heels at this size I'd break a leg (as I fell from breaking the shoe first :P) I hate it.
  • brandygirl614
    Options
    So funny how u say u wanna be one of them joggers who make it look so easy, that is exactly the thought in my head..... They look so a peace while out there enjoyIng the day listening to music and getting healthy. That will be me one day, one day soon!!!!!
  • nysgyrl
    nysgyrl Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I sure hope all is going well with you all. I took a sabbatical from MFP and regret every minute of it! Don't give up trying and find all the support you can. :smile: We can do this if we stick together!