January 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    Ran my 3.1 miles on the gym treadmill then walked 1.4 miles. to start the month off right! :smile:

Dave

rI85m6.png
  • bunbu
    bunbu Posts: 131
    Options
    Jan 1st 2014
    Jogged: 2.40 miles
    Biked: 82.39
    Total: 84.79/500
    Left: 415.21

Good start cuz tomorrow im on the treadmill and elliptical. :)
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    started the new month/year with 9.09 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

ANACONDA469 - Great start to your Century Ride training!

PHYTOGURL - That sounds like a blast and am glad you found such a great way to get your miles in! :)

TAXMOM9093 - I'm totally with you in envying those that were able to get outdoors...although I don't really mind the treadmill at the gym too much. I enjoy the wall full of TVs and all the people-watching for the distraction and to pass the time. :smile:

SUGAH11 - That's an awful lot of snow...even for this Minnesota boy!!!! :smile:

Excellent start to the month!!!!! And I have to tell you again how much I love all the posts with encouraging words for each other. And like Taxmom said, it doesn't matter the size of the accomplishments or goals because everybody is at different fitness levels and what is hard or challenging to each person is so different. What we all stand to gain though is strength....the more you move, the stronger you can get and the more you can achieve. Dare to dream what you can attain if you set your mind to it. :flowerforyou:
    10y4cd0.jpg

Dave
  • lindyrbtsn
    lindyrbtsn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JANUARY START 0.00 MILES

JANUARY 01 1.3 MILES

exercise.png
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Starting 2014 off slow with 2.68miles.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So my first go in December went better than I thought, though I fell short of my target I did more than I thought I would.

Starting again in January, I'm in for 30 miles again. Mostly walking but hoping to get some exercise bike time in too.

Already started yesterday and this morning, total so far: 2.78 miles.

HH9G.png
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

exercise.png

6 miles to start off with. Happy new year to you all !
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Add another 19 miles for 37 total out of 300.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @ Chris - That's a great start to the month. Hopefully I'm around more to cheer you on and not get my pants whooped so bad like last month. :laugh:

@ Bunbu - Are you sure you want to go for that many? Husbands can just suck the life right out of you if you're not careful. :bigsmile: Glad your hubby is back. Hope you guys have fun getting to know each other again.

@ Dinos and Janet - It's good so see you guys again. I'm looking forward to getting back into this a bit more this month and I'll be keeping my eye on you two. :smile: I think Dinos might have the right idea about where to live during the winter though. The weather here has been lousy. Not cold enough for great snow and not warm enough to melt the ice.

@ Dave - As always, my thanks and admiration for the work you put into making the spreadsheet and the challenge a success. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • blackdiamond912
    blackdiamond912 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I missed out on Decemeber, but I am going to set my goal for 40 miles walking, and maybe i can up it to a slow jog by the end of the month

Goal: 40miles
    Jan 1st: 0 miles

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    1st: 5.8 m - two short walks 2.6 + 3.2

Jan Target: 150 miles

Remaining: 144.2

exercise.png

Great to be back and to be inspired by the efforts (regardless of mode or distance) of *kitten* movers. Hopefully January's target will be more realistic (at the risk of being lower down the spreadsheet)
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Joining again for January. I'm aiming for 100 miles again and I'm adding 6 so far.

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    1/1 - 3 miles

exercise.png

My ticker girl has so far to go.... :cry:
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Walked 1mile around the halls at work before I got busy. Not sure I can get out today when I get up so I'm posting this now - my nephew's 12th birthday and I'm going with him, his parents and 5 of his friends to see The Hobbit, then for pizza and cake. One of each, I promise.

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Another new month! Another chance to MYA.

1/1: 3 miles running & 3.17 miles walking

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    It felt so great to meet my 30 mile goal in December! Shooting for 50 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    goal of 60 again.
This discussion has been closed.