January 2014 Goals

Options
What are your goals for January? Each month we will have a goals page where we can share our goals with one another and at the end of each month see how we did. So what is your goals that you want to see happen before February?

Replies

• Joanne1568
    Joanne1568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My big goal is to get under 300 lbs before January 31st. My other goal is to get moving at least 4 times a week by then.... :bigsmile:
  • Living4Christ05
    Options
    Excellent goal! I am shooting for right now to get under 200 pounds by January 31st. That will require me to lose 25 pounds which I feel is very doable in a little over a months time. Good luck!
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my goal is to be down at least 5lbs come january...its hard tho cuz I lift weights and work with a personal trainer so my weight stays up there a bit from muscle, I think ill go by wanting my clothes to fit me again so my goal is to fit into my clothes from last yr by the end of January....gotta give up late night snacking and cocktails during the week....
  • flasher13
    Options
    1st Goal for January is to quit my snacking after 7pm sounds silly but its a big killer for me cos i love food hehe. I would have done it before but its xmas so im letting it go a lil this year and start fresh next year :) Fingers crossed x
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have my next dr appt on 2/3 and by then I hope to be at or under 200 pounds. Today I am at 221.7 so I think it is doable. So January for me is to start 30day Shred on the 1st and also to start the Daniel Fast for 21 days on the 1st. Together, along with a reasonable Christmas, I hope to get there.
  • stormie1985
    Options
    I'd love to be in the 150s! Have my jeans fit again!
  • heather_riffenburg1
    Options
    Right now I'm still focusing on getting through December by journaling every day and going to the gym 4 days a week, which I just started last week. Some say it can take three weeks for a habit to become a habit. I would love to lose 10lbs by the end of January and work in strength training at least twice a week.
  • yareth78
    yareth78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is to actually use this site as it was intended.

My goal is to track my food and exercise EVERY DAY for month.

My goal is to exercise at least 3 times a week, whether that is going to the gym, doing a DVD in the basement, walking for 30 min....anything.
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "My goal is to actually use this site as it was intended.

My goal is to track my food and exercise EVERY DAY for month.

My goal is to exercise at least 3 times a week, whether that is going to the gym, doing a DVD in the basement, walking for 30 min....anything. "

same as Yareth78
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm excited to get started. Goals for January:
    1. To make the increase on the scale become a decrease.
    2. Create a schedule for exercise and family time that is managable.
    3. Drink more water and less beverages.
  • klane1129
    klane1129 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Goals for January:
    1. Lose 10 lbs by Jan 31st.
    2. Log my food everyday
    3. Workout or get moving at least 4 times a week
    4. Drink water all day everyday
  • parrya7x
    Options
    To lose 10lbs
    To drink more water
    To exercise 5 times a week
  • Ressie1
    Ressie1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My Goal For January Would Be To
    1)Stick To Logging on MFP Everyday
    2)Lose 10-12 lbs
    3)Burn 600+ calories a day
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    1. Logging on mfp everyday even if I had a bad day.
    2. try to do any kind of exercise/workout everyday.
    3. Do not give so much attention to weighing scale just make best efforts and results will be seen automatically. Yeah but of course it's 10-12 lbs.
  • jetenold
    jetenold Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I guess i will have to agree with most of the other ladies my goals for January are

1. Log every day
    2. try to lose at least 10lbs
    3. try to exercise a little bit every day, but have at least 3 days of good workouts.
  • hanab1987
    hanab1987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have 4.2lbs to go to get under 150 so as long as I don't have too many slip ups that should be more than achievable at less than 1lb a week! I have joined the 14lbs by Valentines day group but thinking that is probably a bit of a stretch for me! I am however doing the 30 day shred and have just decided to go vegetarian (figured Jan 1st is best time if ever there is one!)

Good luck everyone :)