Weight Gain?

Options

Replies

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Last 2 weeks I cannot stop eating everything in sight.
    Gained 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Will have to get back to a better eating plan.
    I"m not eating for 2 - I"m not eating for 2 - I'm not eating for 2. . . ..
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @cleaneater that happened to me between 12 and 14 weeks. I ate like a beast and gained a couple pounds. I've been eating like crazy still for the past week (I'm at 15 weeks now) and I'm maintaining. Not sure there is actually any rhyme or reason to any of it. lol!

@tiggerhammon you'll gain weight soon enough I'm sure! How far along are you now?
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I also have lost weight. A lot actually, but I am a big girl to start so I guess my body is just doing its thing. Now that I'm 13 weeks I'm getting more energy and don't feel like I need to nap all day.
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    W6 158
    W13 159

I'm In week 14 and too afraid to even look at the scale, I've been eating a lot!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options

@tiggerhammon you'll gain weight soon enough I'm sure! How far along are you now?

14w + 4d
  • crossfitkiwi
    Options
    SW: 126
    Weeks 8-13: fluctuating between 127-130
    Weeks 14-18: fluctuating between 129-131

Crossfiting 3-4 a week and jogging 1-2 times a week. Eating mainly paleo + lots of chocolate :)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    SW: 162.3
    8W: 166.1
    11W: 167.1
    14W: 169.2
    17W: 175.2

I just don't know what happened these past couple weeks... maybe Christmas and all the sodium in the gravy? Sure I've eaten a lot, but surely not that much???? :noway:
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I lost weight up until week 14. I'm 17w tomorrow and I've gone from 154 to 163!
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I gained 4lbs since my last appointment which was a month ago. That is a total of 11lbs gained so far. Ugh. I feel like with the first trimester I gained like 5lbs right in the beginning and then not so much afterward. I am hoping that is how this trimester will go. Maybe these 4lbs came on really quickly, but I will only gain a few more, spread out over the next 11 weeks...??
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @usernameMAMA - Yay! So happy for you to be gaining! :D

@Lady_Lamb - That's how I'm feeling right now. Somewhere in the middle of the first trimester I gained a lot really rapidly and then there were weeks where I didn't gain a pound. So far I've gained 6 lbs in the past 3 weeks... I'm not supposed to see a gain that large until the third trimester I thought! Hoping things even out....
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    4 weeks: 164.0
    16 weeks: 172.2 + 8.2 lbs

Yikes! I still have 24 weeks to go....I was hoping to stay under 180, but that doesn't seem possible the way things are going. I'll settle for 185 :)
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    SW: 184.4

11w: 188.4
    14w3d: 188.6 (+4.2)
    17w1d: 191.5 (+7.1)

I think I'm averaging about a pound a week right now - however with the holidays tossed in there, I'm not surprised! Even if I keep going at the rate of 1 pound per week, I'll end up +30lbs for this pregnancy ... which I will be okay with.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    My midwife's scale had me at 180 lbs today!!!! I'm 175 at home though and it was early in the morning.... as if I didn't have low self confidence in the way I'm gaining weight already... lol!
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started with 179.3 lbs as prepregnancy weight and pretty much stayed the same throughout all 13 weeks.I am 14+5days today and weigh 2.6 lbs more,thats 181.9.But I havent been logging much throghout the last holiday week.Would try to come back to regular logging and incoprorate some walking workout in my schedule from today.
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    By the way,would be mommies, wanted to know if you have really started showing baby bump??Pretty eager to see that,I am already 14+5 and hasnt started showing yet.Ofcourse i used to weigh close to 173 lbs before,so I have been on the heavier side always.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I didn't show until I was 6 months with my first. Now I am definitely showing :) I have no idea how to post pics on here without them being huge!
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight was 180lbs
    Current Weight is 184lbs

I'm only supposed to gain 25-30 lbs so I'm not sure if this is good or bad at 14 weeks. I've got a little bump now but nothing really noticeable to folks not looking for it. Of course it's enough that my pants don't fit anymore so I'm in my stretchy waistband skirts until I can go shopping this weekend.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I am showing. My boss revealed this week that she is an awkward belly feeler, so it's not just me who thinks it either. :noway:

Most of my excess weight is carried in my stomach though so now I'm just not super concerned about sucking it in. Not sure what's baby and what's just "cushion". :wink:
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Prepregnancy: 157
    First 13 weeks: Got down to 151
    Last time I weighed in: 156.

So technically i haven't gained anything yet, and I hadn't gone to the bathroom when I was last weighed in. (that makes a big difference with me during pregnancy since I get pretty backed up).

I'm 16+3 today and i'm showing. I have been for awhile. I feel huge, but then I think of HOW much bigger i'm going to get!
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    SW: 184.4

11w: 188.4
    14w3d: 188.6 (+4.2)
    17w1d: 191.5 (+7.1)
    18w4d: 193.2 (+8.8)

As I creep closer and closer to the 200 mark, I'm not going to lie, it scares me. While I understand this is all part of the process of growing a healthy baby, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with some days. I feel good about having gained only 9 lbs so far, and I hope I can manage to keep this under control and keep the weight gain to a healthy amount. My doctor said at one time she was okay with me gaining 30 lbs - I don't know how I feel about that!

My highest weight ever, pre-pregnancy was 193lbs - so I'm feeling some guilt that I wasn't able to lose more weight before I got pregnant. I did however drop from 193 - 173 over the slow course of 2 years, but then proceeded to gain 10 back prior to learning I was pregnant.

*sigh* for being just 5'3" this has been hard for me.