Rachel Cosgrove D2S

Options
Purchased the book Down Two Sizes, and also the dvd. I have been lifting weights, heavy, for a while. I have done Stronglifts, New Rules of Lifting -- all with the exception of Supercharge -- and I am really liking this workout. I purchased the dvd's because I can do it at home (which doesn't matter because I have a home gym) and Rachel has great tips while going through all the exercises.

Has anyone else tried this program? She is married to Alwyn, one of the writers of the NROL books...I think. But the program is similar.

Replies

• KimBickel
    KimBickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I haven't tried that one. How is it going for you so far?
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just started. Rachel is married to Alwyn, the guy who helped write some of the NROL books.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I love Rachel Cosgrove! I completely credit her for getting me into the gym with boys and lifting heavy. I started with her book 'The Female Body Breakthrough' which came out a few years before NROL, which imo NROLW is a kind of a rehash of her TFBBT but he ended up getting a lot of the credit with NROLW. Her husband is Alwyn and they own a very successful gym in California. I've been wondering about D2S and actually talked with her about it on Twitter for a second, she basically told me it was an improved version of her first book and now with DVD's. I'm anxious to see how you all like it and what your results are! She is awesome!
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    I have the book and the dvd's. It takes the guesswork out of it for me. I am on Phase 1 Strength 2. So far I'm loving it. There are challenges but so worth it. I have done all the NROL series with the exception of Supercharged and if they would have had a dvd with them I probably would have finished those programs. I do like...love it.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of ordering the DVD's. any more thoughts?
  • amysj303
    Options
    I got the ebook and have been doing it for about 6 weeks. Halfway there! I follow the workouts but not the eating at the moment, it's too hard during the holidays. I thought I would bump this and see if anyone else is doing it...
  • silvereve
    silvereve Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just ordered dvd's too. I wanted to improve my strength training area of fitness and this looked good. I find strength training intimidating still.
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    I completed Phase I and 2 and will come back to Phase 3. I wanted to try something different so I am now doing Strong Curves. I plan on coming back to Phase 3 of D2S after I've done 2 months of Strong Curves. I get bored easily after a couple months and have to switch things up. I do love D2S, just need to change up a bit. I hope you guys enjoy it and look forward to hearing about your progress. Also check out the fb page. It's called Rachel Cosgrove Drop Two Sizes.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, I did join the FB page, too!