First week Jan 1-7

Options
Le_Joy
Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
This week is going to be super easy and give people a chance to recover from the holidays and see where you currently stand on these topics. Next week will the option of set amounts or your current plus something. Meaning if you already exceed the listed challenge you can do your thing plus a bit more.

Main thing - track the following and see where you currently are

Water - try to drink at least 48oz of water a day (6, 8 oz glasses).

5 minutes of intentional exercise everyday - meaning you go for a 5 minute walk or bike ride, no counting shopping or cleaning- my favorite ways to cheat...

3 servings of veggies every day. Fried veggies don't count, sorry.

Fitbit/pedometer users - 3,000 steps a day (yep, super low but during the holidays my lazy butt didn't do this many everyday).

Replies

• wvgirl0390
    wvgirl0390 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is just what I need to focus on HEALTHY. I can go days without a vegetable. And a few minutes of exercise should not be so easy to skip. Oh, and blessings on that baby coming soon.
  • Le_Joy
    Options
    It's nice to see more people have found this group. Hope you are all doing well this week. I went on a mile walk yesterday so I got my exercise and steps in. Also managed to eat just over 3 servings of veggies (good thing there were green beans and corn at the new years lunch at the in-laws or I might not have gotten 3 in), but I only drank 36 oz of water. Gotta work harder on that one.
  • KMartin_1977
    KMartin_1977 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, this group is just what I have been looking for as I struggle with water intake SO badly and need some motivation to improve, I don't have anything to count the steps so can I manually count them? Do veggies include salad too?

Sorry sounding a bit dim but want to get it right x
  • Le_Joy
    Options
    Hi, this group is just what I have been looking for as I struggle with water intake SO badly and need some motivation to improve, I don't have anything to count the steps so can I manually count them? Do veggies include salad too?

Sorry sounding a bit dim but want to get it right x

Aside from not being fried I'm not picky about what you count as veggies. I counted pasta sauce yesterday even though tomatoes are technically a fruit... In future weeks I will specify types of veggies to try to increase as I have noticed for me personally carrots, corn, & potatoes are easier to add in than dark green leafy veggies.

The steps are optional for people who currently track them, it's more about increasing activity so if you don't track them it's ok.