Not losing wieght???

Options
My surgery was 8 weeks ago n my weight loss has stopped /slowed down I have lost 27 kg from the start of the pre - diet till now n the last two weeks my weight has stayed the same has anyone else had this happen ?

Replies

• LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's very normal! It happens to all of us and it will happen throughout your journey. I know it's pretty annoying, but the plateau will pass and you'll start losing again :)
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Yep. The stalls are frequent and you wonder what you're doing wrong. I had so many I lost count. The most annoying one was at about 6 months post op and it lasted for almost 3 months--during that time my weight just didn't move. The hard part was that I was 2 pounds away from "normal" BMI and it took those 3 months to get there. Just be patient and do what you know you are supposed to do and it will all come off in time. :)
  • Wanda_Js_Journey
    Options
    I had my first plateau during the month of December. Of course, I did wonder since it was Christmas and my "nibbles" of the no no foods caused me to only lose 1/2 lb in three weeks.

My hair has also started thinning the past two weeks and since that made me panic, I was quick to get onto biotin and also boost up my dense proteins.
    Throughout the past months since surgery, I do not get the full 60 grams of protein per day but thought I was doing okay. After the thinning hair, I"m now thinking that I need to really push for the full daily protein amount. Lesson learned!!!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I had my first plateau during the month of December. Of course, I did wonder since it was Christmas and my "nibbles" of the no no foods caused me to only lose 1/2 lb in three weeks.

My hair has also started thinning the past two weeks and since that made me panic, I was quick to get onto biotin and also boost up my dense proteins.
    Throughout the past months since surgery, I do not get the full 60 grams of protein per day but thought I was doing okay. After the thinning hair, I"m now thinking that I need to really push for the full daily protein amount. Lesson learned!!!

When did you have your surgery? For those who lose hair, it usually starts at three to four months after surgery, and starts to thicken back about three months later. Don't worry, it always comes back.
  • mwolfe8704
    Options
    For those who lose hair, it usually starts at three to four months after surgery, and starts to thicken back about three months later. Don't worry, it always comes back.

I hope you're right about the hair loss, mine started falling out by the handfuls, that might be a little over exaggerated, 2 months ago at 3 mos post-op, and every day I pray several times that it would just stop falling out and start coming back in!! :frown: