Jan Chat

Options
gramanana
gramanana Posts: 762 Member
Ok, it's a new month and a new year. Hopefully, we'll all continue to make progress toward our goals for better health and fitness.

Happy 2014 everyone!:drinker:

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It's good to see some group members back! Let's make this the best year yet! Happy New Year!
  • Candiedginger
    Candiedginger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I too want to make this the best New Year ever. :bigsmile: A toast to accomplishing our goals:drinker:
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Wishing you and yours the very best in 2014 -- and great biking for all :drinker:

new_year_karl1_06_h.gif
  • Chrisbakes
    Chrisbakes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back too. Haven't been here forever. In that forever of time I gained back almost 15 pounds!! I have the pedal to the metal and ready to go!:happy:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back too. Haven't been here forever. In that forever of time I gained back almost 15 pounds!! I have the pedal to the metal and ready to go!:happy:

You sound ready! Good luck!
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi. i plan on accomplishing in 2014 what i didn't in 2013. i know the only way to lose weight is to enter my food everyday. so, that and going back to the gym are my first prioritites. then, finish all my projects - sewing, scrapping, photos, etc. whew, sounds like alot but not really if i keep my energy levels up which will happen because we're busy at work. when i'm busy i get more done. and i'm starting a crochet project i got for christmas - stuffed elephant and duck for the grandbaby.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Welcome back to all of you who have been gone forever. I know exactly how it is when you stop logging and paying attention. I've been here almost 2 years and now logging is a habit--good or bad, I haven't decided (LOL). Anyway, I lost 15lbs and have 5 left so I know it can be done. I really don't formally exercise every day, but I do try to make sure I move around.

Anyway, welcome back to everyone on this journey. We will have a GREAT 2014!
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Since we are in the 12-days of Christmas...too cute not to share :bigsmile:

On the 12th Day of Christmas MFP friends gave to me,

- 12 dudes I'm blocking,
    - 11 friends just watching,
    - 10 corny topics,
    - 9 busted log-ins,
    - 8 friends complaining,
    - 7 stalkers stalking,
    - 6 friend invites,

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiive Drama Queeeensssss,

- 4 recipe requests,
    - 3 photo links,
    - 2 friends-a-liking

And a creep who won't stop messaging meeee!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    brilliant
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Since we are in the 12-days of Christmas...too cute not to share :bigsmile:

On the 12th Day of Christmas MFP friends gave to me,

- 12 dudes I'm blocking,
    - 11 friends just watching,
    - 10 corny topics,
    - 9 busted log-ins,
    - 8 friends complaining,
    - 7 stalkers stalking,
    - 6 friend invites,

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiive Drama Queeeensssss,

- 4 recipe requests,
    - 3 photo links,
    - 2 friends-a-liking

And a creep who won't stop messaging meeee!

Because it deserved to be sung again :drinker:
  • gramanana
    Options
    The 12 days of Christmas version is wonderful! Thanks, Wooken3 and Retirehappy.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Well, we have just finished the 1st week in January :drinker: So how is everyone doing?

I was able to bike 62.8 miles and am 25% towards my monthly biking goal. But I still haven't gotten the eating under control :sad:

Weaning myself off the Holiday carbs and sugars has been a lot harder than I though it would be. The cravings continue to be a battle -- with the cravings most often winning. :grumble:

SelfSabotagingInnerStopSigns.jpg

So here is to the 2nd week in January and the ongoing battle against carbs and sugar. :bigsmile:
  • Chrisbakes
    Chrisbakes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Trying but not doing great here. Can't get out to do any walking. The ground is either buried under 5 feet of snow or plowed areas are sheets of ice! I have no gym equipment and I can't do much exercise other than walking anyway because of arthritis. Not giving up...I can do this!!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Trying but not doing great here. Can't get out to do any walking. The ground is either buried under 5 feet of snow or plowed areas are sheets of ice! I have no gym equipment and I can't do much exercise other than walking anyway because of arthritis. Not giving up...I can do this!!

Over this side of the Atlantic, we are getting gales and rain but we can still get out and run in that. Our "Media" has picked up on the fact the a town in the US is named Hell and have all gone mad on the "Hell freezes over theme". Has it really been as bad over there as the Media suggests?
  • Tobybear1
    Tobybear1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to everyone that is trying to lose weight. I know I have a long way to go but hopefully this time will stick with it. Hope everyone has a Fantastic New Year too.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to everyone that is trying to lose weight. I know I have a long way to go but hopefully this time will stick with it. Hope everyone has a Fantastic New Year too.

Hi Tobybear1,
    I too still have a long way to go, but I know it can be done. Just watch what we eat, can still have goodies here and there, and get some type of exercise in and we can do it! Good luck to you on this journey and a fantastic New year to you too!
  • retirehappy
    Options

Over this side of the Atlantic, we are getting gales and rain but we can still get out and run in that. Our "Media" has picked up on the fact the a town in the US is named Hell and have all gone mad on the "Hell freezes over theme". Has it really been as bad over there as the Media suggests?

Yes This month has been crazy and last month had some awful cold and warm spells. Hell in in one of the northern states, but even Florida got freezes.
  • gramanana
    Options
    I have to agree with Retirehappy about the weather in the US. I think we had some days that were recorded as the 2nd coldest for those specific days in January ever recorded. We didn't go out of the house for 4 days because of below 0 temps and lots of snow.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am now getting paid to exercise. My company does a rebate program. I noticed they has an exciting new option this year instead of the money rebate, you can opt to get a free Fitbit. I had just bought a blue tooth Heart Rate Monitor that works with my iphone, so didn't really need that, but it is wonderful that they are offering it to us.

I have to track my exercise (already doing that here, just have to cut and paste into the other website) for 10 of 12 weeks and do 30 mins. of Active Vitality modules for 3 months, don't have to be consecutive ones either and I get $300 back.

Anyone else get weight management or exercise perks from their company these days?