new also

nonni99
nonni99 Posts: 3 Member
I am new and have many health issues. I have to take 4 shots a day and two pills for my diabetes. I take about 15 pills a day for everything. This is new to me. I don't socialize very much but trying to change. I have agoraphobia. Have not left my home in 15 years. Only for doctors and hospital. I am embarrassed to even be writing this.

Replies

• seabreezelivin66
    seabreezelivin66 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi and wow! you sound just like me! I'm also new, also am on 4 shots/day and just started Invokana, and also suffer from panic disorder and used to be agoraphobic. I rarely leave my home unless it's a doctors' appt.!!! Don't be embarrassed. I am here with you. :)
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Hi there nonni, A warm welcome from me to you.:smile:

Love your avatar by the way! It's a great reminder that perfection doesn't exist. Especially when it comes to managing our diabetes.

By introducing yourself to this very supportive group, you've socially taken a giant step. Reward yourself. Please know, this is a great place for us to make new friends, share our experiences, what it's like living life for us diabetics, while learning something new in the process.

There's many experienced and knowledgeable T2 members of this group eager to share their experience on what works and doesn't work for them when managing our diabetes, in an unconditional, non judgmental way. The perfect diabetic doesn't exist!
    One of the most frustrating things about managing this condition, it effects each of us differently.

I was diagnosed a T2 D in 1982 and immediately started using insulin and currently use a basal and mealtime insulin along with Metformin 2x a day to manage my condition, in addition to other meds, so you aren't alone there.:laugh:

Have a look around the various threads. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, or share an experience when you're feeling comfortable.

So glad you decided to introduce yourself! :drinker:
  • Welcome! I'm glad you're able to connect with other people with diabetes online. I encourage everyone to learn as much as you can about diabetes. One good place online is www.diabetes.org where you can find information on medications, food choices, stress, and exercise. ~Lynn /Glucerna