Sugar (carb) issues

Options
columbus27
columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. My problem is having enough cabs in my system to make it through the workouts, and enough in my system to be in the fat burning zone. Also if you would like to add me as a friend please do so.

Replies

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason why you are not eating carbs? Unless you are on some kind of diet restriction I would say go ahead and eat whatever you think you need to in order to make it through the workouts.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You might want to research what, when and how the body produces, accesses and uses energy. From your post it sounds like you have confusion on that.

The human body burns sugar for energy. Period. But it does convert protein, fat and carbs into sugar at different stages. First the body burns the glycogen stores within your muscles. Once the glycogen stores are depleted, the body turns to carbs first. This is where people get confused with carbs, exercise and fat loss. The body turns to muscle protein next for energy, of course this is NOT where you want to be. Which is why weight lifting is key. Since you are demanding muscle work your body will bypass the muscle protein and go for fat stores. You really want the body to get to converting fat stores as quickly as you can. Two ways to get there... 1) Low carb diet and 2) Fasted-workouts. Your milage will vary depending on which route you take.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. My problem is having enough cabs in my system to make it through the workouts, and enough in my system to be in the fat burning zone. Also if you would like to add me as a friend please do so.

Fruit and vegetables should give you all the carbs you need. Sweet potato is a good option too if you are really working hard.

You defintiely don't have to go "No carb" you just want to avoid glutens and grains if you are eating Paleo.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am on a paleo diet, and eat fruits and veggies, but at the end of the day I only have about 1/3 or half of the carbs that I really need.

need to eat more sweet potatos :)