Sell My Exercise Bike?

Options
btsinmd
btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
I have one large piece of exercise equipment. It is a reclining exercise bike. I bought it in 2007. When I was over 250 lbs, it was a really nice thing to have. I really used it, off and on for 6 years. At one point it was the only thing that I was comfortable doing and I liked it. Completely no stress to the back. But, I haven't really used it since May when I started running. I don't even want to use it now when I'm thinking triathlon in my future because it's reclining. It also seems like a waste of time, as it uses only my legs. If I'm going to be bored doing something repetitive like this, it would be nice to have more of my body involved. If I want to do indoor biking it would probably be a better idea to get a trainer for my road bike, rather than use this reclining one. When I've been stuck inside, I look at it, and then I do strength training, dancing or a fitness game with my Wii, or a DVD. I feel bad because it was something I was quite fond of, but now, no interest.

So, do I believe that I'm going to stay fit and active, or at least a reasonable weight and sell my exercise bike, or do I keep it and let it take up all this room on my porch?

This is a good time to sell it right? Do I just list it on craigslist or is there a better way? In a certain way, I think of it as my friend.

Then a whole 'nother question. If I sell it, do I buy something else, a treadmill, a trainer for my road bike? Both would take a lot less room and I don't need to think about either until at least February.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I would totally sell it and buy a trainer for your road bike.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yep sell it - I know it's got some sentimental attachments as it got you started with exercising and weightloss but now's the time to move on from it and get something that will help you reach your next goal.

Personally I wouldn't waste money on one of those little home treadmills and for one of the pricey ones you'd need to be getting loads of use from it to make the investment worthwhile - I'd vote with Varda and go for the static bike trainer especially if you're going for triathlons.

Isn't it great when you can actually outgrow exercise equipment? Bet not many of us thought that could even happen! lol