Introduce Yourself

Options
Believeth64
Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
Hi my name is Barbara, I am 133 pounds over weight, I formulated this group praying to help others while on this journey. This group is not meant to make anyone feel they have to do anything that makes them uncomfortable. There are many that have their own weight loss program therefore I am not worrying about whether or not you share your dairy. As for me I am doing something different right now. We will have daily sharing time and also weekly reports. If you think this group is for you please feel free to join. I am hoping those that are serious about this weight loss journey will join. There is no perfect people, we all have flaws, therefore we can rest assure this journey will have it's ups and downs. However as we join together we can PUSH our way through any obstacles and pitfalls, because believe me they will come and go.

3644004a3e7c216.gif

Replies

• LaceyMP
    Options
    Hello, My name is Lacey and I am 95 pounds over weight. I am currently a college student and am going to be graduating in June of this year. I am hoping to loose at least 40 pounds by graduation. I have always been a heavier set girl so I have been comfortable in my skin most of my life. However since beginning my college adventure, I gained the freshman 15 and than some. I decided to begin my weight loss journey this year because I recently weighed myself and when I noticed I weighed close to 300 pounds it hit me, I need to start taking care of myself. I am beginning a 90 day challenge on the 6th of January as well as a healthier way of eating. I am hoping that I can stick with it and meet my goals.

Lacey
  • Stringcheese84
    Stringcheese84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Irene and I am 100 pounds over my goal weight. I am aiming to loose 100 pounds by my 30th Birthday (August 22). I have tried to loose weight in the past but it seems easier now because my husband is trying with me this time. I have 8 1/2 months and I think it is totally do-able. Thanks for starting this group encouragement and prayer is a great way to keep on track.
  • Stringcheese84
    Stringcheese84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I like the friends!
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I have 198 pounds to go!! I have lost 71 pounds to date. I started out at 450, and I'm currently at 378. I am looking forward to supporting and being supported on this journey!! Feel free to add me!!
  • Motherofsons
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to this group and am looking forward to being around people with the same mind set goals. My name is Sandra and I live in Canada. I am a mother of sons and am also a granny even if I still think I am 16 hahahaha. I have been up and down in weight most of my adult life I am 58 years old and do not want to be 60+ in a unhealthy body. I have lost well over 100+ poounds before and it stayed off for many years and then I let one meal turn into extra treats and well I am back to the top. I started back last year at weight watchers at 379.6 what a number and have made up my mind to take it off slow but take it off. I finished the year at 328,2 so down 49.2 pounds. I have not weighed in yet as class does not start until Jan 7th here. I know I have gained some back but I am on track once again. My goal for this year is close to or more then 50 pounds by Christmas.I have so much to lose but am not making myself nurts about the numbers any longer.

If I have learned anything in taking weight off is that if you make the game all about a scale you are going down the wrong path. Do not get me wrong yes yes yes I want to see a smaller number but to be honest I want to feel stronger, look better and yes tie my shoes. I do exercise I walk outside rain or shine. Right now it is a tad hard as we have -50 below weather and the walking paths have not been cleaned up this year. I am in hopes that be the start of next week it will happen and I can dust my runners off once again.

I look forward to talking with each one of you and welcome the help of others. I hope along the way we can share in support. My weight is a big problem add age to that mix and well as we all know health will suffer. Thanks for letting me in, and again I look forward to setting new goals with all of you.
    Sandy
  • kam3203
    kam3203 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am 23 and about to finish my last semester of graduate school. I have been overweight my entire life, and I am ready to make a change. I have a very big goal of losing over 200 pounds, and I have already lost 27 since I started logging on MFP this summer. It has been a slow process, and I sometimes lose my way, but I am determined to reach my goal.

I look forward to meeting some of you and to having some support and encouragement on this journey. :)

Kim
  • 2000chances
    2000chances Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Back in the saddle again! Losing 10 lbs a month thanks to a doctor in our town who understands the disease. Looking forward to the support.
  • kmyst1
    kmyst1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim. I am about 100-125 pound overweight. I graduate college with my Masters Degree in May and my 5 year anniversary is April of 2015. I want to be healthier in general but really I want to look and feel great as I dance the night away with my husband! I have four kids and I'm still nursing the baby (she's 8 months). I have been making mother and school stress excuses for at least 3 years...it's time to buckle down. Christ is my Rock and I'm leaning on Him everyday, I can't do anything without Him.

Blessings,
    Kim
  • alix_a
    alix_a Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: My name is Alix. I have 140 pounds to lose to be at my doctor's goal for me of 120. I finished my graduate degree in Dec 1012. In 2013, I learned to sew, took Spanish classes, and fulfilled a commitment to exercise 6 days a week for the last 6 months of the year. I lost some weight and made my cholesterol and blood sugar scores drop precipitously. I feel pretty good about last year, but now it is time to up my game and get results.

My goals are two this year. I want to be considered an athlete by others and I want to eat mindfully. To this end, I want to expand beyond my six days of Zumba per week program by adding tennis, bike riding, running, and regular strength exercise in the morning and while at work. I want to plan a menu each week so I proactively know what I am eating, for what I am grocery shopping, and what I need to prepare for meals so they are ready to go out of the fridge. This food planning will consist primarily of non-processed foods and planned times for drinking water. I also want to be mindful of the inches that I lose so I will track my progress there too.

It is a big endeavor to make these changes. Life is a continual state of change. I've set some goals before and been successful. It is time to choose my next ones and make them happen too in 2014.
    :glasses: :glasses:
  • nallen225
    nallen225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Natalie. I have 144 pounds to lose. I started at 316 lbs and have lost 15 and then gained a few back over the holidays. I joined mfp years ago but never utilized it. I try to count calories all the time now even when I'm having bad days. I know its a lifestyle change but its so hard and admire people that can do this.

I'm 32 years old and in college. I graduate with my BSN in August. I've worked in an emergency room for 7 years and its hard to teach healthy goals when you aren't living the life yourself. I have the knowledge to do this but not always the drive. I'm hoping that these communities on mfp will give me the needed encouragement to do this.

Please add me as a friend
  • wifeandmotherof2
    wifeandmotherof2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Mary I'm turning 30 on the 14th of this month, I'm 5.8 inches tall, I weigh 285 lbs right now.
    I'm reading the book made to crave so fare I'm really liking it.
    I've been heavier all my life.
    I need motivation and accountability.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sherri. I live in Iowa.(Please, no cow or corn jokes). Iam new to My Fititness Pal, and was so glad to find this new group for those of us that have close to a 100 lbs or more to lose. Along with being a uplifting and having a more spiritual basis. I have 140 lbs to lose (again). But, I know that He is New every morning and He has given us another New day and a Brand New Year for a New start. I look forward to meeting all of you and pray we can do this once and for all
    (We can do all things thru Him who gives us the strength). I believe we can be a great encourage to each other and I hope I can be a blessing to each of you. So, LETS DO THIS!
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am melodie and started this journey about 6 months ago. I had very high blood pressure and was about 130-140 lbs overweight. I joined a gym that had opened near my job and met a great trainer who started me on eating clean.
    I lost around 60 lbs and gained some back over the holiday and on my way back. My goal is at least another 70-80 more pounds. I eat clean and exercise a few times a week . I know the only way I can make this long term it has got to be a lifestyle change.
  • Jacolesgram
    Jacolesgram Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Annie. I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I'm from Iowa. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    I am so grateful for all the new members, we all have different goals and plans for this journey. I feel that every member here are important. We are fearfully and wonderfully made therefore we know God made us who we are. Some see us as we are today but can't see us the way we will become, that is fine because we are being made over and when we come forth we will be, Stronger, Wiser, Healthier, And more Determined. We will take this journey one step at a time, one pound at a time, and we will embrace anything that comes our way. Peace&Blessings2All:heart:
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to this group and am looking forward to being around people with the same mind set goals. My name is Sandra and I live in Canada. I am a mother of sons and am also a granny even if I still think I am 16 hahahaha. I have been up and down in weight most of my adult life I am 58 years old and do not want to be 60+ in a unhealthy body. I have lost well over 100+ poounds before and it stayed off for many years and then I let one meal turn into extra treats and well I am back to the top. I started back last year at weight watchers at 379.6 what a number and have made up my mind to take it off slow but take it off. I finished the year at 328,2 so down 49.2 pounds. I have not weighed in yet as class does not start until Jan 7th here. I know I have gained some back but I am on track once again. My goal for this year is close to or more then 50 pounds by Christmas.I have so much to lose but am not making myself nurts about the numbers any longer.

If I have learned anything in taking weight off is that if you make the game all about a scale you are going down the wrong path. Do not get me wrong yes yes yes I want to see a smaller number but to be honest I want to feel stronger, look better and yes tie my shoes. I do exercise I walk outside rain or shine. Right now it is a tad hard as we have -50 below weather and the walking paths have not been cleaned up this year. I am in hopes that be the start of next week it will happen and I can dust my runners off once again.

I look forward to talking with each one of you and welcome the help of others. I hope along the way we can share in support. My weight is a big problem add age to that mix and well as we all know health will suffer. Thanks for letting me in, and again I look forward to setting new goals with all of you.
    Sandy

You have done well and I believe in you, take your time and it will all come together.
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Hello my name is Mary I'm turning 30 on the 14th of this month, I'm 5.8 inches tall, I weigh 285 lbs right now.
    I'm reading the book made to crave so fare I'm really liking it.
    I've been heavier all my life.
    I need motivation and accountability.
    [/quote

You hang in there and keep coming here you will differently be encouraged..
  • Believeth64
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sherri. I live in Iowa.(Please, no cow or corn jokes). Iam new to My Fititness Pal, and was so glad to find this new group for those of us that have close to a 100 lbs or more to lose. Along with being a uplifting and having a more spiritual basis. I have 140 lbs to lose (again). But, I know that He is New every morning and He has given us another New day and a Brand New Year for a New start. I look forward to meeting all of you and pray we can do this once and for all
    (We can do all things thru Him who gives us the strength). I believe we can be a great encourage to each other and I hope I can be a blessing to each of you. So, LETS DO THIS!

Amen, well said
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Heather. My I am currently 153 pounds from my goal weight! Anyone wants to add me for motivation please feel free! xoxox
  • JAFogg
    JAFogg Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jeri I live in Idaho. I had a great year in 2012 and lost 60 lbs, 2013 was not so good I gain 40 lbs. I am determined to have a great 2014. I turn 40 in October and I would love to be under 200 lbs for the first time and almost 20 years. It would be such a great birthday present to myself. :)