Accountability

Options
jenabee610
jenabee610 Posts: 29 Member
Hello,

I am just wondering what everyone's thoughts are to hold us accountable to our commitment. Are we just using weigh in's or should we check in for other things too like our workouts?

I am really determined to stick to this lifestyle change and I love the philosophy of this group. I think it will be a great way to help me stay on track and I am super excited to get to know all the members.

Replies

• AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenabee!!

I think that starting a comment bank for exercise for this page is a great idea! The other way to do that is with your MFP friends - mine have been a HUGE help so far. Having them 'like' and comment on my achievements is a real boost! Feel free to add me as a friend - I am OBSESSED with this site, so I'm on every day. Good luck!!!

-Coolchick207
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One of the things that attracted me to the group was the simplicity of the idea and the implementation. I think that a lot of people don't want to start or don't stick to groups or challenges because it seems too difficult or gets too overwhelming. I once joined a group that had very a detailed purpose; even though it was all laid out for me, it was too much to keep up with in my day to day life. A lot of people didn't last to the end because, while it was set up nicely, it was just too much.

I think weekly weigh ins with exercise stats is simple enough for everyone to track and post. I think that small weekly challenges (i.e., make water 80% of your beverage intake for the week) could be a nice form of optional fun to keep things interesting. I just like that the group doesn't ask for excessive stats, open diary, open journal, etc.

Just my six cents.
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    One of the things that attracted me to the group was the simplicity of the idea and the implementation. I think that a lot of people don't want to start or don't stick to groups or challenges because it seems too difficult or gets too overwhelming. I once joined a group that had very a detailed purpose; even though it was all laid out for me, it was too much to keep up with in my day to day life. A lot of people didn't last to the end because, while it was set up nicely, it was just too much.

I think weekly weigh ins with exercise stats is simple enough for everyone to track and post. I think that small weekly challenges (i.e., make water 80% of your beverage intake for the week) could be a nice form of optional fun to keep things interesting. I just like that the group doesn't ask for excessive stats, open diary, open journal, etc.

Just my six cents.

morzolas, thanks so much for the feedback. With this being the first time creating a group let alone joining and sticking to a challenge, I feared making this too complicated. I also feared making things to simple. But your response has reassured that I'm on the right page. I hope everyone else feels the same as you do!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Hello,

I am just wondering what everyone's thoughts are to hold us accountable to our commitment. Are we just using weigh in's or should we check in for other things too like our workouts?

I am really determined to stick to this lifestyle change and I love the philosophy of this group. I think it will be a great way to help me stay on track and I am super excited to get to know all the members.

I think it's imperative for us to definitely hold one another accountable for everything: workouts, weigh-ins, water in-take. I'm very excited to take this journey with everyone.
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Hey Jenabee!!

I think that starting a comment bank for exercise for this page is a great idea! The other way to do that is with your MFP friends - mine have been a HUGE help so far. Having them 'like' and comment on my achievements is a real boost! Feel free to add me as a friend - I am OBSESSED with this site, so I'm on every day. Good luck!!!

-Coolchick207

I'm painfully obsessed with MFP as well. I left for a while thinking I'd be able to do this on my own. Boy was I wrong. So glad to be back and have everyone's support!!!!
  • kaylin_hester
    Options
    I need a lot of help in accountability!! I get motivated about the first two or three days, and then it wears off....I think it's cause I don't have anyone to help me be accountable! If anyone in this group want to friend request me, feel free!!!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I am obsessed, I am checking in everyday, logging, and losing. When I am not losing, I go backwards. I have found these groups to help me alot. I don't want to lose 20 pounds in the next 90 days....I lose slowly. I like the idea of a 90 day commitment to exercise, log and have mini challenges. I loved your attitude and knew this was the right group for me, so Yes....I think you are nailing it with not to much and not to little with this group.

Thanks for setting it up. And anyone who would like to add me as a friend, please do so! I love positive support.

Tammy
  • jenabee610
    jenabee610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea about weekly check ins that include weigh ins and also tracking water and exercises. I think it's a great idea. Maybe starting a separate discussion thread would work.
  • jenn7129
    jenn7129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Reading through the comments and I agree with every one of them. I too, was doing great with MFP and logging everyday. When I steered from that I lost track and put on weight. Accountability and people to keep me motivated drive me to do better. I thank everyone for their support. Thank you so much for starting this group!
  • renee6515
    renee6515 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is getting me excited/motivitated already :) Love the ideas, and totally agree with not logging so much that it gets hard to keep up with but still enough to be held accountable. Im on this every day logging my food and exercise but don't have time to stay on for long. My hubby would soooo judge me for being on the computer all evening lol Ive already started with the exercising, I do turbo jam right now, its old but I love it. I will be ready to weigh in first thing Monday! Ive never been on any groups, Ive been a silent mfp member so far so Im looking forward to this!!! Thanks boulevardM for your post!!!
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so ready to do this. Since I came back to MFP I started to keep a blog so I can stay accountable for all I do... so doing a weekly update is a real good idea!
  • jgablin
    jgablin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    for me, I'd like to post when I'm having a rough day or a great day just to have the feedback & support. That's what helps me go on. Hope that's okay and not overwhelming the board here but that' s the reason I wanted to join a group- for the support. :)
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fine, jgablin! At least one of the moderators will be checking in here daily, so we'll set up a support topic for anyone who needs it and you can know that someone will reply soon =) Feel free to add me as a friend, as well! Good luck with the challenge honey!! =)