Meat and Greet: Introduce Yourself Here

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
2cd10b97-5109-403f-b286-cefddc92e0ea_zps3d7da1fe.jpg
Welcome. Please use this thread to introduce yourself.

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Dazz and I'm a HUGE fan of the show so I think this challenge will be awesome.

Admittedly, I'm just a little confused on the rules but I've never exactly done a challenge such as this before but I'm excited to try it out because...well...it's a challenge and it's The Walking Dead.

Good luck to all participating!
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Gloria and addicted to the show! I want to be on Team Glenn & Maggie. This should be a fun challenge! Excited to start.
  • jedimomma
    Options
    Hello! I'm Robyn, and I'm now fairly addicted to WD. We just started watching them a couple of months ago, and I finally broke down and bought the Amazon season pass. I almost didn't make it past S1E1 (damned hospitals undo me), but Glenn's voice in that tank.... I just had to keep going. Now I'm hooked.

If there's a Team Sasha, I want in. Or Daryl, but I figure *everyone* will want on Team Daryl... =)
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Emily, and I've been watching the walking dead for some time now. I think that this past season has had some really good episodes (especially the one that centered on Hershel about midway through the first half of this season). I won't say more in case some people are not caught up. This challenge seems very fun and I'm excited to start.
  • spaceygrl
    Options
    I'm in! I'm trying to get in a good habit with MFP for the new year, so a challenge like this seems to get a great way to make that happen and meet people in the online community! Big Walking Dead fan with a love-hate relationship with Rick...so I'm game for Team Rick.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    -Preparing for the zombie apocalypse
    -Obsessed with TWD
    -Norman Reedus= swoon

Sign me up for Team Daryl please.

Let's do this!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    -Preparing for the zombie apocalypse
    -Obsessed with TWD
    -Norman Reedus= swoon

Sign me up for Team Daryl please.

Let's do this!

^^^^^ me too !!

I'm Amy ,

I have lost as you can see by my ticker 72 pounds ( yay me ) but still have a good 50 to 75 pounds extra . so Bring it on . I love challenges . It keeps me focused on more than just losing weight. It's fun and I don't want to let my team down nor do I want them to get eaten by zombies right?

I'm 47 years old and I work on the north slope 3 weeks on then I go home for 3 wonderful weeks.
    When I'm at work I cannot be sure I'll be able to watch every episode but I can do the best I can and maybe If I can read the recap I can keep up until I go home and watche dit on the DVR.

I'm excited !!!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Im very excited about this challenge. Thanks for setting it up Cindy. I spent a while wondering what team I should be on, if I am on team Daryl then would it be weird to drool over myself? I could be on team Rick but he is a bit annoying. I like Maggie and Glen but not sure if I am romantic enough for them. But in the end it was obvious. If there is going to be a zombie apocalypse and I can be whoever I want in then I am definitely the girl with the sword who goes around kicking *kitten*! :smile: Team Michone is definitely the one for me!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Okay. I tweaked the instructions a little. If anyone needs to clarification on any of the rules, feel free to PM me. You can choose your teams any time. Simply introduce yourself on that team's Talking Dead thread.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    We are also going to need volunteer team captains. A few people have already thrown their hats into the ring.
    Duties will include:
    1. Keeping a list/spreadsheet of your team members goals and starting stats.
    2. Receiving Saturday evening PMs from team members and compiling their weekly results to send on to me.
    3. Choosing a weekly (and overall) MVP and assigning rewards to them.
    4. Watching the Walking Dead weekly and tracking your team's Character kills, as these are points for your team the following week.
    5. Winning team captains get to hand out punishment exercises to all of the other teams.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Oooooh - I can be a captain if you need. I have home internet again.

I just cant decide which team to be on - We need a brief synopsis of each teams strengths and weaknesses and what type of challenges they are likely to have. Im leaning toward Carol or Rick...they are both a little wacko, I like that.

Im TJ by the way, I have been working hard for the last year to lose weight and with the wonderful people I have met thru challenges like this one I have lost 115lbs so far. I am hoping to do a 5k in the spring so I could use more motivation to get me off the couch!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Oooooh - I can be a captain if you need. I have home internet again.

I just cant decide which team to be on - We need a brief synopsis of each teams strengths and weaknesses and what type of challenges they are likely to have. Im leaning toward Carol or Rick...they are both a little wacko, I like that.

Im TJ by the way, I have been working hard for the last year to lose weight and with the wonderful people I have met thru challenges like this one I have lost 115lbs so far. I am hoping to do a 5k in the spring so I could use more motivation to get me off the couch!!
    I will post the Week One Challenges on each team' Walking Dead threads early next week so that people have have an idea of what will go on. In the meantime, we can assume that Rick, Daryl and Michonne are the strongest characters and will have the biggest challenges for participants and will likely be the biggest teams. Intermediate would be Carol, Carl, Tyreese and Sasha,Glenn and Maggie, Lilly and Tara and Beth (although the lucky girl is currently with Daryl, which gives her a pretty desirable position, IMHO):bigsmile: . Mika and Lizzie, Bob and the Walker Horde are likely to be the weakest television characters and smallest teams... at least until current teams join the Horde.
    Pros of being on the big teams are obvious. Lots of support and your television character is less likely to be killed off and more likely to make kills on the shows, earning your team lots of points.
    Cons of being on the big teams are that with so many players, you will have far more non-participating players, which can devestate your score.
    Small team's television characters may make fewer kills and are more susceptible to being killed, but may be able to form tighter groups as underdogs and could be fierce. Plus joining the Walker Horde is by no means the end. Eventually the Horde could be a very strong team, if any main characters are killed. Also,any of the living killed by zombies earn the Horde points.
  • ClevaBlandfy
    ClevaBlandfy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i am a true TWD typical obsessed fan. :wink: I am looking forward to this challenge. I will be joining team Michonne.
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sherry and I have walked TWD since minute one. I would love to be on Team Carol, but since I don't know when we will see her again, I will take Team Michonne. I have lost 70 lbs, gained back 20, and this year I will finish the weight loss quest, losing 50 lbs. I also
    love to complete 5k races, and am training for my first 10k on July 4. Love Rick, Love Daryl, Love Glenn and Maggie, and everyone else.
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oops, Sherry meant "watched" TWD.
  • Becky2816
    Becky2816 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi to my fellow TWD fans! I watch the show with my 2 teenage boys, who differed in opinion on whose team I should join. One was Carl, the other was for Michonne, but ultimately, how could I NOT pick Daryl? I'm excited about the challenge and getting fit & lean in 2014! Good luck to everyone!
  • disneyholiday2014
    Options
    I too am a dedicated fan! Love, Love, LOVE it!! Please put me down for team Rick. He is an awesome actor who has grown so much with the show. They all have really. I just sign up and I'm looking forward to learning about taking care of my health. I have over a hundred pounds to lose but It's time to let it go.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Dazz and I'm a HUGE fan of the show so I think this challenge will be awesome.

Admittedly, I'm just a little confused on the rules but I've never exactly done a challenge such as this before but I'm excited to try it out because...well...it's a challenge and it's The Walking Dead.

Good luck to all participating!

Dazz I am a bit confused also. Lol. But we will learn. I am Shelley. 53 and live in WY. Went to the original Dawn of the Dead when I was a teen. Been hooked ever since. My husband and I watch Walking Dead faithfully. Played Dead Island until we fell asleep with the rising Sun. I need to lose about ten pounds. Not actually sure on the amount. I do not want to be skinny.

Shelley
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow TWD fans! I'm Sara and I would love to be on team Carol. I love her progression from the weak and repressed to a passionate leader.

I'm from Washington state, 42 and have 2 kids(20/16) and have been married for 21 years to my high school sweetie. I am very familiar with challenges and have had much success with losing weight and becoming more physically active. I had my gal bladder taken out at the end of Nov and was on exercise restriction for 6 weeks. I also managed to pull a muscle in my right arm. However, I'm ready to get back to it. I gained over 10 lbs since that time and I'm ready to get back to being fitter and slimmer. My trade is a medical assistant but I'm going into the pasta making business with my brother in law in March.

I'm taking a chance going with Carol because we don't know where she is. I have faith that she will be back much like Andrea was when she got lost. I'm guessing when she does make her appearance, she will be kicking butt and taking names. This is where I would like to be.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome challenge group! I love the walking dead - tv show and comics. When I read about the teams, I immediately thought I'd join Daryl's team, or Michonne's, but I don't know if I am quite up to their warrior level yet, so I might have to go for Carl or Beth instead. However, I am zombieinkpot, so perhaps I should join the horde!

Anyway, I love this group, everyone sounds great and the challenge is going to be epic!!! :drinker:

FYI, I'm Inky, I live in Ireland. I joined MFP in September '13. I'm obsessed with zombies. They both terrify me and compel me to watch/read everything I can about them. This is the second challenge group I've joined (the other one started on 1st Jan), so I don't really know what to expect, but I'm excited to find out.

ETA: Can I join team Carl please :smile: