24 weeks: +4.6 lbs
    25 weeks: +5.8 lbs
    26 weeks: +7.8 lbs
    27 weeks: +9.2 lbs
    28 weeks: +10.8 lbs
    29 weeks: +10.8 lbs
    30 weeks: +9.8 lbs
    31 weeks: +12 lbs
    33 weeks: +17.2 lbs (currently 158 pounds)

Spent two weeks away from my own cooking and scale. I hate logging other people's homemade cooking, plus I decided to take a break for all of the Christmas goodies. Hate that I gained 5 pounds in two weeks, but overall I'm still happy. I just need to watch it so I don't gain 3 pounds every week for the next 7 weeks.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't know how you ladies have gained so little. I feel like a major cow right now.

I am 5'3.

Prepregnancy: 135
    29 weeks: 164

Total gain: 29lbs!! :noway:
  • meghanvest
    Options
    29 weeks today and currently weigh 134.2 :( starting weight 115 @ 5'4 so a tad over 19 pounds gained. Really want to keep it 25 pounds this time but anything under 30 will make me happy. I'm getting induced at 38 weeks so I'm hoping that I can keep it under control :)
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Height 5'3

My pre pregnancy weight was anywhere between 206-208 (not sure). My goal is only to gain 10-15lbs this pregnancy. So far I've been eating about 1900 calories. In first trimester I kept it at 1700. I also TRY to keep check on my sugars, and carbs. I hope that I can do this. I really want to start working out soon. But work, school, housework, and caring for my two year old has been keeping me busy. Not to mention that I get really fatigued easily.

Starting weight- 6 weeks-214
    10 weeks-208 (-6)
    11 weeks-207(-1)
    15 week-208.8 (+1.8)

A little update

20 Weeks -214 lbs ( +5) ;-( I am very upset. I haven't been logging like I should so it's my fault, and I am probably giving into temptations more than I should.

So far total weight gain is 7 lbs!!!

Another update. So I went to the doctors today. Baby is measuring almost 22 weeks which puts my due date at May 11th instead of May 24th. Also I didn't gain as much I as thought

21/22 weeks (211) +2

Total weight = 5lbs
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Height 5'3

My pre pregnancy weight was anywhere between 206-208 (not sure). My goal is only to gain 10-15lbs this pregnancy. So far I've been eating about 1900 calories. In first trimester I kept it at 1700. I also TRY to keep check on my sugars, and carbs. I hope that I can do this. I really want to start working out soon. But work, school, housework, and caring for my two year old has been keeping me busy. Not to mention that I get really fatigued easily.

10 weeks-208 (-6)
    11 weeks-207(-1)
    15 week-208.8 (+1.8)

A little update

20 Weeks -214 lbs ( +5) ;-( I am very upset. I haven't been logging like I should so it's my fault, and I am probably giving into temptations more than I should.

Another update. So I went to the doctors today. Baby is measuring almost 22 weeks which puts my due date at May 11th instead of May 24th. Also I didn't gain as much I as thought

21/22 weeks (211) +2

Total weight = 5lbs

Great news!!! How has it been logging again? P.S. I'm due the 13th!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't know how you ladies have gained so little. I feel like a major cow right now.

I am 5'3.

Prepregnancy: 135
    29 weeks: 164

Total gain: 29lbs!! :noway:

I don't know how they are doing it either, I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and right now i'm up 12lbs, pre pregnancy I was 165 with healthy BF%
  • Nique85
    Options
    Height 5'3

10 weeks-208 (-6)
    11 weeks-207(-1)
    15 week-208.8 (+1.8)

A little update

21/22 weeks (211) +2

Total weight = 5lbs

Congrats! It's so cool to meet someone who is around the same due date, we def have to keep in touch! Well, I've improved with logging. I can't afford to fall of track again. I don't think I missed a day in awhile. I also lowered my calories to about 1800 a day. I don't think I need 1900 like other sources have said. Do you log?
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    36w3d and up a total of 13.5 pounds. I feel like I haven't really had an appetite at all! I am also following the gestational diabetes diet (for the last 7 weeks) and pretty much forced to eat 2500+ calories a day made up of a lot of meat, cheese, eggs, and good carbs.. ugh. At least I know the little one is getting nutrition!
  • kristineevans12
    Options
    28 weeks and up 5.5kg have gained 2kg over the last 2 weeks and feel awful, I know it's inevitable but still... I'm hoping some could be Xmas weight / water fingers crossed I sit here for a bit before the next gain!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm ten weeks today, so thought I'd do my first 'pregnancy weight' and update my weight on here. Gone from 168 - 174 which isn't too bad for ten weeks as you put on an average of 1-2lb a week in the first 12 weeks apparently. Now the 'MFP girl' in me is screaming 'AARGH, you're back in the 170's, time to lose weight!!' I guess I'm going to have to mentally get over it and get used to seeing my weight to up and up and up! Scary to think in another six months I could be well into the 200's!! Ah well, I am obviously not losing weight but I will be 'watching' my weight as I think it would be all too easy for me to use the excuse 'well, I'm pregnant, I'm supposed to be putting on weight' and filling my body with crap!!
  • kristineevans12
    Options
    I'm ten weeks today, so thought I'd do my first 'pregnancy weight' and update my weight on here. Gone from 168 - 174 which isn't too bad for ten weeks as you put on an average of 1-2lb a week in the first 12 weeks apparently. Now the 'MFP girl' in me is screaming 'AARGH, you're back in the 170's, time to lose weight!!' I guess I'm going to have to mentally get over it and get used to seeing my weight to up and up and up! Scary to think in another six months I could be well into the 200's!! Ah well, I am obviously not losing weight but I will be 'watching' my weight as I think it would be all too easy for me to use the excuse 'well, I'm pregnant, I'm supposed to be putting on weight' and filling my body with crap!!

1-4lb is normal for the first trimester then 0.5-1lb per week thereafter, try and eat healthily and remember 25-35 is recommended providing bmi is normal to start with so if your on track you may end up just in the 200 but only just definitely not well into them x
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i'm 20.5 weeks and have only gained about 7-8 pounds. my boobs have gone up a cup size (hurray!) and my belly has really started to pop though. my midwives don't seem to be too concerned. i'm sure in the next 20ish weeks i can play a little bit of catch up.

i've really been trying to stick with healthy foods and allowing myself small portions of treats. luckily, i love fruit and vegetables, so eating healthy stuff hasn't been too challenging for me thus far... but the holidays made it tough!

i've been craving cinnamon life cereal and lots and lots of 1% milk! kind of random, but definitely better than craving ice cream!
  • 50kgtoofat
    50kgtoofat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a BMI of 33 so 'obese', 6ft tall and started at 113kg (249.1 pounds) I have been logging my food since after christmas and have it at over 2000 calories which I will increase in my third trimester. Trying to exercise daily note the word trying... My aim is to not get over 120kgs (7kg or 15 pound gain) which as I am a bit overweight is what I should limit my gaining too (note they don't tell you how to limit this gain!). Also not feeling pregnant so quite lucky just a bit tired and loving my nana naps.

0 week - 113kg
    5 weeks - 111kg
    9 weeks - 112.4kg
    14 weeks - 111.4kg
    16weeks 5 days - 110.4 kg

Overall - currently loss 2.6kg/ 5.7pounds

Would also love to have some pregnant friends who are overweight and trying to limit their weight gain by healthy eating.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I also don't understand how so many have not gained much weight, or even lost (with the exception of those who've been throwing up a lot!).

I'm 25 weeks and haven't been weighed since 12.5 weeks, and am far too scared to step on the scales! I was up about 8lbs even then, but I felt really nauseous in the first 14 weeks and ate too many carbs, and didn't eat as healthily as normal. I'm hoping that it's evened out a bit as I've been back to healthy eating since I started feeling ok.

I started at 154lbs,which at 5'6 put my BMI at just under 25, so I know a healthy weight gain is 25-35 lbs. This is my third baby, and I know I gained more than that with my other 2.

I aim for 1800 calories a day, and I'm working out about 4 or 5 times a week. Throughout this pregnancy I've never worked out less than 3 times a week. So if I'm gaining too much weight I don't know why! Perhaps I should be brave and step on the scale....
  • Nique85
    Options
    I'm overweight and trying to limit my weight gain, if you would like to add me!
    I have a BMI of 33 so 'obese', 6ft tall and started at 113kg (249.1 pounds) I have been logging my food since after christmas and have it at over 2000 calories which I will increase in my third trimester. Trying to exercise daily note the word trying... My aim is to not get over 120kgs (7kg or 15 pound gain) which as I am a bit overweight is what I should limit my gaining too (note they don't tell you how to limit this gain!). Also not feeling pregnant so quite lucky just a bit tired and loving my nana naps.

0 week - 113kg
    5 weeks - 111kg
    9 weeks - 112.4kg
    14 weeks - 111.4kg

Would also love to have some pregnant friends who are overweight and trying to limit their weight gain by healthy eating.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight and trying to limit my weight gain, if you would like to add me!

0 week - 113kg
    5 weeks - 111kg
    9 weeks - 112.4kg
    14 weeks - 111.4kg

You can add me as well. Up 25lbs @ 29 weeks.. sucks, but I'm still putting in my healthy food/exercising effort :)
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Options
    Height 5'3

10 weeks-208 (-6)
    11 weeks-207(-1)
    15 week-208.8 (+1.8)

A little update

21/22 weeks (211) +2

Total weight = 5lbs

Congrats! It's so cool to meet someone who is around the same due date, we def have to keep in touch! Well, I've improved with logging. I can't afford to fall of track again. I don't think I missed a day in awhile. I also lowered my calories to about 1800 a day. I don't think I need 1900 like other sources have said. Do you log?

I haven't been logging since week 7 when my MS started and then I just never went back to it. I started to log again yesterday and I am going to see how I do trying to log every day again. I think I've finally hit the point where I won't be losing anymore. I've had a steady gain the last few weeks (even though it is little). I think it's more important now that I try to stay on track. I had GD with my first and I am expecting to have it again this time around too so it will be helpful for tracking when that time comes. My MW liked to see my food log along with my sugar #'s so I'll just plug it in instead of writing it down in a notebook. I wasn't keeping track of the calories, just what type of food I was eating to know whether it was going to affect my sugars so I'm sure I was way under calories a lot of the time (I lost 9lbs in the first 3 weeks after I failed the 3 hour test and was put on the diabetic plan). Don't want to do that again!!!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Prepregnancy weight: 163.8
    Weeks 1-8: Continued to lose
    Weeks 8 - 19: 159.8
    20 weeks: 162.2
    22 weeks: 164.6
    23 weeks: 165
    25 weeks: 166
    28 weeks: 175
    30 weeks: 177
    32 weeks (Christmas OUCH): 181
    33 weeks: 181 (Phew!)

Goal: Just stay under 200!

Expecting to go another 9 weeks if past pregnancies are any indicator... also, I went back in my MFP logs and realized that I actually started my pregnancy at a higher weight than I initially thought, so that was a little reassuring. Except that it means I lost about 8 lbs in my first trimester even though I was eating plenty (I was also MUCH more active.)
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Options
    Height; 5'9"
    Starting: 204.6 (4w) BFP

5w: 204.6 (0)
    6w: 206.8 (+2.2)
    7w: 205.6 (-1.2)
    8w: 204.8 (-.8)
    9w: 201.6 ( -3.2)
    10w: 202.4 (+0.8)
    11w: 202.4 (0)
    12w: 200.8 (-1.6)
    13w: 198.0 (-2.8)
    14w: 201.2 (3.2)
    15w: 203.2 (2)
    16w: 201.6 (-1.6)
    17w: 202.2 (.6)
    18w: 199.8 (-2.4)
    19w: 202.8 (3)
    20/21w: 202.8 (0)
    22w: 203.4 (.6)

Total: (-1.2)

Still under my starting weight, but I don't foresee that staying for much longer. I started logging again yesterday. I haven't logged since week 7 when my MS started (or all day sickness). My appetite isn't that great. I'm trying to go back to my fruits and vegetables as snacks and side dishes (ie. veggie sticks instead of chips with a sandwich). I am liking that right now. I really am picky about meat/protein right now. I just don't like food!!!! Hopefully that will get better over time. I'm hoping to find my journal from my last pg to see if I can find the foods that I liked then. I feel really limited in what I like to eat. :( Great job everyone!!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Starting out I was only 2.4 lbs off from having a "normal" BMI so I thought it best to aim for the regular 25-35 pounds rather than for the 15-25 pounds recommended for being overweight and pregnant. I wasn't super sick in the beginning, thankfully, so there was a fair bit of weight gain in the beginning.

Height: 5'7"
    Starting Weight: 162.3

8W: 166.1
    11W: 167.1
    14W: 169.2
    17W: 175.2 (yikes!)
    18W: 176.0

Total gain: 13.7 lbs