So how did everyone do over the holidays?

Options
C1131
C1131 Posts: 25 Member
Seems it takes as much as a full week for me to see the impact of bad behavior on the scale, but so far I think I managed to get through the holidays (Xmas, parent's anniversary, sister's b-day, and New Year's) without much damage. There was an insane amount of food and an inordinate amount of dessert, but thanks to food allergies that leave me a picky eater, 30% - 60% of the food on the table isn't edible for me.

How did you do?

Replies

• Marygtl12
    Marygtl12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Terrible! I always have such good intentions..... My pants are definitely past their weight limit! I am back on track however and am going to make this a great month!
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I spent Christmas, my birthday and New Years alone (hubby to sick to travel) as a result I had the cleanest eating holiday period ever and managed to lose 800g - so a nice silver lining :smile:
  • C1131
    Options
    Sounds like you are both motivated to move forward. Something about a new year is always inspiring.
  • 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Up 3lbs, partly indulging , partly no exercise due to back injury first week of November, start walking this week ,back to Dr to see when the pain should stop enough to get back to strength training.
  • C1131
    Options
    Hey flowergirl,

Do you (when your back is behaving) do cardio, too or just strength training? I'm working with a gimpy knee that has seriously cramped my cardio style. Wondering if more weight training will help. Seems the best I can do on a regular basis is 30 - 40 minutes of walking on a flat treadmill which is a far cry from the 40 minutes of uphill sprints I was doing 2 years ago. Sigh....
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    The holidays were not a problem except for the excessive food and lack of exercise. ;)

Actually it is watching the grandkids during school break that is killing me. It is hard to keep on track when you have little munchers around. Bottomless pits.... which were what my kids were. Skinny as all get-out and so full of energy they burn it all. I keep carrots and healthy stuff for them, no junk but even the healthy stuff adds up when you catch yourself snacking along with them.

Only today and Monday. Tuesday school starts again.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I put on 1kg (2+lbs) over the two weeks from 21st December to yesterday. I logged all my food, went over most days and didn't exercise as much as usual so I think I got off quite lightly! I had a fabulous holiday though, back to work/reality tomorrow.
    It has put the date I reach my goal back by about 4 weeks though :-(
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    .6 for me, so not so bad
  • sammycat1
    sammycat1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Gained 2lbs and celebrated by eating lots more so a total of 5lbs. Usually with holiday gained I find that 2 or 3lbs comes off after I resume normal eating.

Good luck to us all for shifting our holiday gains.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Went totally off the rails in the beginning of December (why wait till christmas eh!) and put on a total of 9lbs!! Most of that 9lb probably drink related as I don't think I had a dry day from when I finished work on the 23rd December to the 1st January! Anyway, back on track, day 6 with no alcohol, counting the calories again and have been the gym three times in the last week. The dog's getting more walks too :smile: