What are your goals for this year ??

Options
kathrine90
kathrine90 Posts: 89 Member
Here is where you can write your goals and you can check in monthly to see your getting along and track with other mums.
It could be a goal like drinking more water to running three times a week or a goal weight your wanting to achieve.
Any personal goals just remember not to push yourself too much in the beginning and to work to your goal slowly.

Replies

• FatMommaMel
    FatMommaMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group and am not wanting to loose just yet. I'm due with my second child in March 214 and then will definitely be getting down to business. :) I'm looking for support through the pregnancy and after and hope I'm in the right place. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to not go crazy and gain a crazy amount while still pregnant and hopefully try to start losing again in March 2014 because I'm due in January. I figure if I give myself that time to recover from baby I can really hit the gym hard when I come back!
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back to prepregnancy weight. Gained to much while pregnant but got a great baby out of it. So now the work begins :) any questions I will be glad to answer. I have a 4 month old. Went in for an induction and after 24 hours of labor and 3.5 hours of pushing ended up with a section. So let me know if you have any questions :)
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Great group and great post, thanks Kathrine for setting it up!

I am hoping to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight+4lbs. I was at my lowest weight for most of last year thanks to MFP but looking back I think it was too low and so much hard work to maintain. Mostly, I want to get back to walking daily (with my baby) and then slowly build up to doing more intense workouts, I've got great DVDs I can do at home, when I have more energy.

I also would love to get back into studying, if possible, after about 6 months cause I'm taking a break from my studies when our baby comes.

Overall, I am unsure as to what is realistic. So mainly just walks for the first few months and I'm just leaving it up to my body to show me how fast/slow the weight comes off. I'll hopefully be breast feeding so I can't be too aggressive with restricting calories.

I'm looking forward to supporting each other during this important time in our lives :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Just trying to maintain
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My goals for this year:
    Exclusively breastfeed for 6 months (over halfway there!) and continue breastfeeding until she can have milk. She is my third baby and I have never reached this goal.

Get into the ONE hundreds for weight. I am about 25 pounds away, depending on the day.

Get my exercise, whether I lose weight or not. It is good for me and a stress reliever.

Run/walk in an official 5K!! Ideally I want to run it all, but just participating is a start for me as I am an introvert/shy person.
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2014:

- to recover well from giving birth so I can get exercising again - starting with walking and yoga/stretching and hopefully progressing to running, some weights and 30 day shred!
    - to breastfeed my baby - so eating healthily and looking after myself for that. We had a lot of teething problems last time round but did eventually get the hang of it, hoping things are a bit easier this time!
    - to loose the weight I have put on in pregnancy (currently around 40lb with 2 1/2 weeks to go - eak, far more than last time) and to get more toned.

I was around 5-10lb from goal last time having lost some weight prior to my first baby and then more with MFP last year. But I wasn't very toned so I'm really hoping to get back to that weight again and work on body fat percentage and being fit and healthy :)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    2014 Goals:
    --Lose the pregnancy weight (about 25 lbs so far, with 2-3 weeks to go) and possibly another 15 lbs.
    --Get back into cycling once my body is ready for it. I used to ride 70+ miles at a time regularly. Between fertility treatments and pregnancy, 10-15 is now a long ride.
    --Ice skate again! It's been nearly a year, and I miss it tremendously.
    --Continue eating like I have in my pregnancy....around 300 calories every 3 hours or so. I've never felt better and want to continue this feeling!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Have an awesome kid-
    Get back to running with husband for our once a week date nights
    get my running groove back and get in shape for a fall marathon!
    breast feed for as long as possible and lose some body fat.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Have good and easy delivery of baby in January,
    Start running again in March,
    Lose baby weight within six months,
    Run Auckland half marathon in October.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Here are my revised goals for 2014. I lost all the pregnancy weight (plus some) in the first 2 weeks or so of being a mom. If only the next 25 were that easy....

--Drop another 12-15 lbs. This will put me under my pre-IVF weight.
    --Log 1200 miles via cycling and jogging.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My goals for this year are to eat healthy and have a healthy baby girl, then after she is born, lose 40 pounds!!! :smile:

Anyone can add me.
  • vcavaleiro
    vcavaleiro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My 2014 goals are to: lose 20 pounds, have more energy for my newborn and toddler, encourage our family to have an active lifestyle, live more in the moment, be a better mom, wife, and friend.
  • megskin15
    Options
    Hi ladies, I've just joined this group. I have a 6 month old daughter :) My goals for 2014 are to:
    1. Continue breastfeeding until my daughter is a year- possibly continue after that
    2. Lose 30 lbs by October
    3. Get pregnant again in September or October :)
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    My 2014 Fitness Goals are...

- to get a grip on my portion control
    - to get down to 170lbs by the summer, then down to 150lbs by Christmas
    - to continue Zumba every week
    - to find some healthy meals that the kids WILL eat
    - to tone up my middle now I'm done having babies
  • anjaj1
    anjaj1 Posts: 2
    Options
    My goals for this year are continue breastfeeding until my daughter is 1 year (born on 15th nov), lose at least some of the 25 pounds I've gained this time. Be fit enough to complete the tough mudder event that I've signed up for in September. I signed up for it as motivation to lose weight and get healthy but now I'm wondering what I was thinking! Before giving birth I hadn't exercised since leaving school ( I'm 29) so I have a long way to go but I'm really enjoying it so far!