Weekly Challenges

Options
kelag297
kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
This is where I'll post a challenge each week to keep everyone trying new things in health and fitness and keep things interesting. If anyone has a challenge they think would be good for the group, feel free to post it here. It'll usually be two challenges per week, one for exercise and one for healthy eating. I'll post them on Sundays, so you have them for the whole week. I'll post the first one this coming Sunday since this week is halfway over. Make sure to check in with us in the Check In thread when you've completed the challenges :)

Replies

• misscinaz
    Options
    Hopefully without a gym membership I can do whatever challenges you have in store! :P
  • kelag297
    Options
    You'll definitely be able to do them without a gym membership! They'll be things you can do at home, most of them with no equipment, and maybe a few will use dumbbells :)
  • kelag297
    Options
    Alright ladies, here comes the first weekly challenge!

Diet challenge: Try a healthy food you've never tried before this week. Whether it be a vegetable you've never tried, something like quinoa, hummus, certain beans, etc. Try anything new thats healthy and report back to us what you thought!

Exercise challenge: At least twice this week, do 10 pushups (you can modify if you can't do 10 full pushups), 20 jumping jacks, and 30 squats. So that makes for a weekly total of 20 pushups, 40 jumping jacks, and 60 squats. They don't all have to be done at one time and you can complete any time during the week, as long as you get them done!

Don't forget to report back after the mission is complete :)
  • forsuperA
    Options
    I haven't done the diet challange yet, but I did do excersise challange :) I have been doing a 30 day challange that involves squats and pushups along with other things. So this fit right into what I was already doing!
  • wilsonspringboro
    Options
    just saw this but will finish all by today. Half done. Realizing how out of shape I am. this stinks...the being out of shape. New food would be almond milk.
  • ashsweetie05
    Options
    Okay!! I have completed exercise challenge and my new food was almond milk!
  • kelag297
    Options
    Awesome ladies! I've recently started using almond milk too to cut down on dairy, although it doesn't have much taste, it works well when using it in things, and it lasts longer than cow's milk!
  • sandmyst
    sandmyst Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Actually I haven't read the challenge, but have completed all except the push ups.....maybe I did half, but will add them to next week.
    I like the fact that the original unsweetened almond milk has less than half the calories than cow's milk. The problem is when I use My fitness pal and it raises my fat intake. I try to drink some fat free milk each day because of that.
  • Sshamrock17s
    Sshamrock17s Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This week I started making mushroom pizza's. Surprisingly I really liked it! Maybe I will try quinoa tonight- I have been wanting to try it!
  • kelag297
    Options
    Great job! And the unsweetened almond milk also has half the calories of the sweetened one..which i recently noticed :)
    I love quinoa! Its so easy to prepare, and once i started eating it, I started using it to replace rice in my recipes that called for rice..its really versatile and one of my favorite healthy foods!
  • kelag297
    Options
    Time for weekly challenge #2!

Diet challenge: Go meatless for at least one day this week.

Exercise challenge: This week aim to fit in 50 jumping jacks, 30 minutes of walking, and 20 minutes of jogging (if its cold out or you dont have much space or a treadmill, jogging in place works too). Remember that these don't have to be completed all together at one time (but if you feel up for it all at once, have at it)! You just need to accumulate the total number of minutes for each throughout the week.

Don't forget to report back and let us know how you did and what you thought :)
  • brajocol
    brajocol Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finished 1st weeks challenges. Did the exercises, didn't try a new veggie but started eating blueberries.
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Done!

I'm doing the 30-Day Shred videos and those exercises are part of it. Score!

As for the new food, I started cooking with fresh ginger this week, which has been great. I'd tried it before, but never put it in stuff myself.

Have a good week everyone :)
  • kelag297
    Options
    The Weekly Challenge for this week will be the same challenge as last week since it seems a lot of people havent gotten to do it! So when yall get to it make sure to check in so I can post a different one next week and keep everyone pushing hard and trying new things :)
  • ashsweetie05
    Options
    I have the exercise portion of week two complete. Would love suggestions for a menu for meatless day!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have the exercise portion of week two complete. Would love suggestions for a menu for meatless day!

I was thinking bean burritos or something similar - I have to admit I am a carnivore :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

I was thinking bean burritos or something similar - I have to admit I am a carnivore :)

I looked at my foods today and decided today is a good day to go meatless.

Breakfast - an orange and coffee (it was late so I ate small)

Lunch - My Smootie
    (raspberries, strawberries, half a banana, spinach, kale, coconut milk, protein powder, flax oil and seed, hemp seed)

Supper will be a big salad with a variety of greens and veg and some black beans on top and probably some steamed veg on the side cause I have lots in my fridge that needs to be used.

I will make a black bean hummus with the leftover beans and use it with my veg for snacks.

There you have it meat free and easy!
  • ashsweetie05
    Options
    Today I will complete food portion of challenge. Hurray!!! I had a protein shake and Apple for breakfast. A veggie burger for lunch and I have some black bean chili on the stove as I type....
  • kelag297
    Options
    Yayy! Awesome work you guys :)
  • wilsonspringboro
    Options
    exercise done last week but have cut back on pushing exercise till diet is more under control. was not taking in enough calories and with workout stalled weight loss. Have to get regular eating set then will add more exercise in.