Anyone hit a plateau?

Options
Mine has been stubborn. I was told to try weight lifting along with it. I can tell that helped drop inches, and I'm no lighter.

Any other thoughts?

Replies

• Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Plateau in...? I don't mean that in a snarky way, just honestly not quite sure what you mean (weight, strength, size/shape).

And while I don't know how long you've been working at it, I did notice you've lost 19 lbs - nice! Go You!
  • kward0222
    kward0222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If your plateau is stuck at the same weight for a while, it happens. Check your calorie intake or change up your workouts. I also try to drink more water. Just be patient and don't get discouraged, you might be loosing inches instead of pounds.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes I have, but lately it's been one thing after another what with holiday foods, parties, visitors, and now just as I am ready to work harder at the gym I got laid up with a cold and throat infection. Patience is a virtue I guess : /
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you are still losing inches then I do not think you have hit a plateau... The scale can be so deceiving and honestly just makes people grumpy and depressed! Continue with the lifting and taking measurements. All those NSV (non scale victories) can't be ignored.... Keep working it and congratulations!