December Group

Options
2»

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Super disappointed in myself. I tried to follow just a low calorie diet but I can't seem to shake overeating when I eat carbs. I know people think its silly to have so much discipline on low carb yet I can't get the low calorie way of eating down. I'm pretty much where I'm at last year which really makes me feel guilty. I'm hoping I can finish December a few pounds lower so I'm not where I started January 1st. Looks like I have a fat fast in my future....
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't know what happened in November but I can't seem to do Induction the way I used to. I have yet to achieve 20 or less net carbs!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of Atkins induction is completed, I lost 21 pounds in 2 full weeks, you have got to love the old atkins books and the old ways of doing low carb, they work for me everytime, I still have a few more pounds to lose till I catch back up to my weight loss ticker, so its not moving down yet, the previous 2 months were a roller coaster and its so good to not only have kept around 70 pounds off for 10 months, but to be moving forward again on this weight loss journey feels good
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I guess for those who struggle on atkins induction its good to re-visit the old books, the ones atkins wrote back in the 70's or 80's before all this net carb stuff came about, sure I use net carbs from time to time if it keeps me from cheating or breaking induction/ketosis, but this past 2 weeks has been old school atkins once again for me, and wow is it working again,
  • timwhoa
    Options
    its good to see so many of you trying in December, this is the last of the really hard months with all the snacks and parties and work food to lose weight is December is really bucking the trend for most people around the world this time of year
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Check In Report - Weigh-In Fridays

Personal December Challenge Goal: -7#

12.01.2013 - begin
    12.07.2013 - down 2.6#
    12.13.2013 - down 0.6#

Achievement To Goal: 45.7% Complete
    Time Lapse 30-Day December Challenge: 41.9% Complete

<still AHEAD of schedule to achieve december challenge success!>

This next week must see increase in personal activity.
    I aim for 3x workout DVD with Jackie Warner.

=^x^=
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I went out christmas shopping with my family today, not having anything to eat, i pic up a can of nuts, Planters nutrition heart healthy, the label says 10 servings 5 grams carbs 3 fiber, wow, that that means according to the new atkins that if a person ate the whole can they could have 50grams minus 30 grams = 20 grams net,, right?? i ate maybe 1/4 of the can, I was satisfied, but I got home and I checked my blood sugar with a test strip and I was a 126,, way outside of the normal 70-110,, and this is why I try to tell people this whole net carb thing is OUT OF WACK!!,, it doesnt add up,, if the fiber carbs didnt count then I would have stayed inside of the ketossis boundaries and stayed not only under 110 but well under 90 blood sugar, its good that some of us that have the tools like blood sugar test strips and keto strips can work the food and see the results!!
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I am on Day 16 of induction and the last time I weighed I was down 8 lbs. I am not good about weighing, I just worry too much when I weigh daily! I'll do my best to overcome that to report at the end of December. I love how low carb works for me, and am happy to find like minded folks to interact with!! Thank you! :smile:
  • LavaDoll
    Options
    CORRECTION - Saturday Adjustment - Must Change Report/Record Days to Saturday

Check In Report - Weigh-In *Saturdays*

12.01.2013 - begin
    12.07.2013 - down 2.6#
    12.14.2013 - down 1.4#

Achievement To Goal: 57.1% Complete
    Time Lapse 31-Day December Challenge: 45.1% Complete

This next week must see increase in personal activity.
    I aim for 3x workout DVD with Jackie Warner.

=^x^=
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    I'm back in the Bahamas. I have yet to achieve induction level carbs. It's been 3 days and i'm up 3 pounds. Tomorrow i'm going to try and eat meat and lay off of the daiquiris and other treats taking it all one day at a time.
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    I'm in! My November goal was to lose 10- 17 lbs. That didn't happen (below). I'm sadly still bouncing as the last 10-20 are ROUGH to get off. This month i'll try harder as the last week of November was a total bust carb wise. Today is Day 1 of induction for me. Current weight is 151.
    Hey guys,

I know many of you participated in the September/October challenges. Don't forget to say how you did over there! This month i'm trying to lose 10- 17 lbs. It will be rough but I intend to work really hard, particularly in the cardio and carb departments. Who's with me and what are your goals for the month of turkey and cake? LOL let the game of willpower begin. :wink:

Last recorded weight: 152.2 lbs on 11/02/2013.

~Abby~

I'm bouncing between 151 and 152. Hopefully I can be in the 140s by the end of this challenge!

Still bouncing! #notgood

Now that i'm in the Bahamas I obviously need to change this goal. Don't know if I can lose at all over here since i'm barely exercising and cheating like mad. I'm going to struggle just to maintain so the goal is to be 149 or 150 by the end of the month.
  • LavaDoll
    Options

12.01.2013 - begin
    12.07.2013 - down 2.6#
    12.14.2013 - down 1.4#
    12.21.2013 - down 1.2#

Achievement To Goal: 74.2% Complete
    Time Lapse 31-Day December Challenge: 67.7% Complete

=^x^=
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I have been trying my best to muddle thru the holidays, its back onto atkins indcution dec 26th, hoping to make it to jan 1 and be at least the same weight as the start of the month, but I will still be down around 60 pounds for the whole year, I am looking forward to moving into a whole new year and hopefully losing another 60 in one year,,
  • timwhoa
    Options
    What I am doing now is looking back across this whole past year, about how the year as a whole was a winner, on Wednesday I will weigh in and see just what I did for the whole year of 2013, I am hoping to be down 50 pounds if not closer to 60, I am on day 3 of atkins induction again and I am going to shoot for a really really long run of induction, this time trying to go all the way to Easter time, I would like to see 2014 get me down another 60 plus pounds, the beauty of this year has been the ability of making the weight I lost stay off, I sold the larger clothing as I shrunk out of it, and if the smaller ones got tighter, I went on induction again and stayed within the clothes, this is something so new to me that is very differant than diets and years past, I started out thinking that getting to weight loss goal would require 2-3 years, especailly if I wanted it to work and stay off the rest of my life, the notion of super rapid weight loss lasting long term just doesnt work for the vast majority of people including myself
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I ended 2013 with a 50 pound weight loss for the year, the last few months of 2013 were a bit of a roller coaster with the holidays and all, I am going to adjust my weight ticker to reflect 50 pounds, and start 2014 off from that point, I need to get another 50 or more off of me in 2014, just having 50 pounds off and keeping it off for 9 plus months has been a victory of sorts for me,, well here we go moving into the January Challenge group
  • LavaDoll
    Options

12.01.2013 - begin
    12.07.2013 - down 2.6#
    12.14.2013 - down 1.4#
    12.21.2013 - down 1.2#
    12.28.2013 - down 1.0#

Total: -6.2# out of -7# Challenge

Achievement To Goal: 88.6% Complete
    Time Lapse 31-Day December Challenge: 90.3% Complete

<so close, but not going to hit it by month end. still, loss is loss!>

=^x^=
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    7 pounds gained in 17 days over there. :sad: It's bittersweet because I had a ball :embarassed: Back to Induction Day 1 to get the 7 off!
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    4 out of the 7lbs gained on my 17 day vacation are down. Next stop, the treadmill for those last 3 to get back on track. Is there a January group?