Kitchen scales

Options
Over my weight loss journey, I have read numerous sources to say the weigh, measure, and etc. all your food before and during consumption. I have often wonder if this is "important" to weight loss to be this particular on losing weight. I thought since this group is about helping to achieve goals in 2014, what's the group's thoughts about kitchen scales and weight loss?

Replies

• deego14
    deego14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have really been considering getting a scale. When I began using measuring cups and spoons for everything I started to realize that I was over guesstimating everything so now im wondering if im wrong when I estimate 4oz of chicken for example.
  • Glens_Life
    Glens_Life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. Scales would make it easier because you wouldn't need to dirty several measuring cups up.
  • cuppycat
    cuppycat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting a scale. I wouldnt know what to do without mine. I find on the food database things are like in grm or oz instead of like a TBS etc. Saves me the time to fig that out. lol Also, weighing my meats and cheese it so so helpful to me. Its worth the cost.
  • deego14
    Options
    Im getting a scale!!!
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    scales are the main key to your kitchen I never used them just guessed weight etc,but now I have them everything is more accurate...it makes a big difference.....
  • Glens_Life
    Glens_Life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Found a digital scale we had for a while but lost. Measuring yogurt is so much easier now.
  • bkw61
    bkw61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    After constantly asking my hubby, the cook, how much he thought something weighed... lol. He went and bought me one. Its the biggest looser scale from Bed Bath and Beyond. It was only 20. and has been a huge help for my weightloss journey.
  • deego14
    Options
    Thanks im definitely going to get one. I have no idea how many ounces of chicken, fish and deli meats im consuming.