Calories?

Options
Hey guys,

Looking forward to starting Insanity with the fitness test in the morning. One quick question though - how do you track your calorie loss through Insanity? I started the programme in July, managed three weeks but then went on vacation, but never figured out what to track it as in MFP?

Thanks!

Replies

• Never2EZ
    Options
    The best and most effective way to track your calories is to get a good heartrate monitor. I have an FT7 and I swear by that thing. If you can't afford one, or just don't want to purchase a HRM... You can use this site as a basis. Of course, there are different factors that aren't accounted for such as age, height, body weight, gender etc... But it at least gives you an "idea".

http://www.fitcornernetwork.com/insanity-calories-burned

So, ideally, you would want to use the HRM. They have cheaper ones than the FT7. Just goto your local store and take a look!
  • BriPZ74
    BriPZ74 Posts: 19
    Options
    Until I can get a HRM I use intense aerobic workout in the MFP App. Probably not exact but closer than 0.
  • Nycdanz13
    Options
    I use an FT60 and love the thing! I don't usually update MFP with my actual calories burned for an activity though. I use mine to track my heart rate and recovery time more than calories burned. MFP is usually in the ball park, but typically underestimates it for me. There are too many factors that go into figuring out what you burn that the only truly accurate way to track is

As already mentioned there are cheaper models than what I have that will probably still give you a great count.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 as well, would not work out w/o it!!
  • LADYFAHMY
    Options
    I use FT4, best investment so far in my opinion.