Hi Everyone

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal and wanted to reach out and start making connections with other people. I am currently on week three of the Optifast Weight Management Program. It has been a trying three weeks especially with Thanksgiving just passing but I have stayed strong so far. I do not have much for support here at home so I am hoping that this group would allow me to talk to other people whom are going through the same experience.

-Ashley

Replies

• Dani_elle81
    Dani_elle81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started Optifast Lite today! I am so excited to have a support system through this site. I have to meet with my nutritionist again, because they really didn't let me know what my results would be with Optifast. They were really trying to push surgery on me, but I wanted to try a less invasive approach. So they didn't give me alot of information on results. So far my first day isn't bad at all!
  • lisarrogers
    Options
    Hey all! I'm on week 16 and have lost over 50 pounds. The holidays were iffy but I stuck through. I do incorporate a meal each day and my losses seem better. Just seeing if this group can get active!
  • christygb
    christygb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I just found you guys! I'm on week 2 of Optifast now. I'm so happy that I started down this path. 50 pounds is fantastic!!! Way to go! I'm just doing 5 shakes a day and 2 servings of broth. So far so good. I lost 5 pounds the first week and it just keeps going down -- just like I like it! I share other reflections on my blog: optifastadventurer.blogspot.com I'll keep checking the group too! Christy
  • christygb
    Options
    Hi, I just started Optifast Lite today! I am so excited to have a support system through this site. I have to meet with my nutritionist again, because they really didn't let me know what my results would be with Optifast. They were really trying to push surgery on me, but I wanted to try a less invasive approach. So they didn't give me alot of information on results. So far my first day isn't bad at all!

How is it going? I hope you are still feeling great! Christy
  • lisarrogers
    Options
    Christy- I read your blog. I have considered starting to write a blog so I'd have something to look back on. I know I love reading everyone else's as it gives inspiration. It is also nice to see others struggles.
  • ampicard07
    Options
    That's amazing! Good for you! I hope that I can continue to make strides with this program. I am on week 12 and I have lost 36 lbs. I have another 30 to go to meet my goal weight. Keep it going!!

I am still on the full fast and recently had my program extended so I am not sure when I will start incorporating food. The holidays were really tough for me and lately its been on and off dizzyness and nausea so I hope that I can continue.

I do my best to get in exercise. I go to the gym and use the treadmill. I started the Couch to 5k program and I am on week three. It's amazing the things I can do now that I had thought I could never do before. I am not able to use the weights yet because of the full fast but I have a resistance band that I used to just try and tone up my arms. I do my best to do sit ups and squats too. Its difficult.

How is everyone else doing?
  • christygb
    Options
    Christy- I read your blog. I have considered starting to write a blog so I'd have something to look back on. I know I love reading everyone else's as it gives inspiration. It is also nice to see others struggles.

Thanks Lisa!