Raw Foodies

Options
Raw Foodies Meet here!

Replies

• MiaHutCab
    Options
    After lots of research and probably not enough prep I finally started my raw food journey today! Glad to see there is a "community" for this within myfitnesspal.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly transitioning to raw food due to lots of allergic reactions and trouble with feeling terrible all the time. It is difficult since my husband and four kids aren't interested in being 100% raw, and I am the family cook. We're eating/drinking a lot of salads, soups and smoothies, but slowly I am getting them to eat more and more fresh foods. Luckily, three of them went vegetarian on me last year.

We do raise backyard chickens, so I have been eating the eggs for a while, but I am ready to let go of meat and even eggs if I can feel the way I feel when I eat raw. When I eat 100% raw, I feel 100% better :-)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in raw recipes, but not in being 100% raw. I have allergies to some nuts and to dates, I don't dehydrate, and I don't do smoothies except as a very occasional treat. But I am interested in great naturally raw food recipes.
  • davinasaunders
    Options
    look at
    www.yumuniverse.com
    www. uncooking101.com
    www.rawfoodrecipies.com
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I wouldn't exactly call myself a raw foodist, but 90% of my diet is raw foods so I guess you could say I'm transitioning at this point! ;) Looking forward to meeting more raw lovers too! :)
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Anyone still here? I'm looking for more friends who use raw foods. I have currently lost most of my motivation for raw, although I know it works and being educated on the subject I know how good it is for me.

bla di bla
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Raw right here :) Love this lifestyle! Looking to talk to other like-minded people
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I promise I'm being serious - I have a dumb question..Do raw foodists eat rice, lentils and beans?
    I realise they have to be cooked...
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I promise I'm being serious - I have a dumb question..Do raw foodists eat rice, lentils and beans?
    Those aren't raw foods, so a strict raw foodist wouldn't eat them.
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Thanks! That's hard core!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Those aren't raw foods, so a strict raw foodist wouldn't eat them.

These can be eaten on a raw food diet if they are sprouted and not cooked.
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Rice, lentils and beans sprouted and raw are really hard to digest so I would suggest avoiding them. Beans for sure since they are toxic when not cooked. Lentils would probably be the easiest of the 3 to digest but still difficult on the system.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Rice, lentils and beans sprouted and raw are really hard to digest so I would suggest avoiding them. Beans for sure since they are toxic when not cooked. Lentils would probably be the easiest of the 3 to digest but still difficult on the system.

I regularly consume made at home bean sprouts (mainly mung bean and chickpeas) along with sprouted seeds. I know kidney beans shouldn't be eaten if they are not cooked however sprouted foods are easier to digest for the most part. Some may have issues others don't have though.
  • gloriousmud
    gloriousmud Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    look at
    www.yumuniverse.com
    www. uncooking101.com
    www.rawfoodrecipies.com

OHMYGOD. Thank you so much for these!
  • Kymmu
    Options
    I like the idea- raw before 4!
  • Change4life13
    Change4life13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    look at
    www.yumuniverse.com
    www. uncooking101.com
    www.rawfoodrecipies.com
    Thanks for sharing this....
  • TheLadyRaw
    TheLadyRaw Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi all! Long time lurker, now a member of the site. Fully raw for a couple days now, been in transition for a couple months.

Feel free to add me :) Looking for buddies on here!
  • Kankalamalini
    Options
    If you want to make it a lifestyle it takes time while you are transitioning. Trying to change everything overnight is too much for most of the people and almost 99% that have done that, give up after a while, and not only that they go back to eating crap but they are completely discouraged to try incorporating this lifestyle again. So it all starts with becoming vegan, without making the mistake that most of the vegans make - and that is eating too much carbs like bread and pasta, abusing soy products on daily basis and eating very few fruits and vegetables. You can still have rice, beans and lentils just don't make them main part of your diet. Start eating more fruits and vegetables every single day while still having one cooked meal like steamed veggies, vegetable soups or vegetable curry. Educate yourself on nutrition on your way, learn about the benefits of all fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts or seeds. Learn how to combine them together so that you make the effects even stronger, detox and at the same time make them taste better. Start by eating all fruits and veggies that you already know and like, and then every next time you go to buy your food pick up something that you have never tried before. Look up for a recipe and learn what it does to your body. Surround yourself with positive people and be prepared for some harsh criticism. Be strong. Nourish, love and appreciate your body.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    First day.....all raw veggies and it is now time for bed, but I do feel a bit hungry
    I had no dressings of any kind, salt or sugar.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to incorporate more raw foods into my diet. If I could afford it I would go fully raw.