Birds, Anyone?

Options
Hi. Do any of you have birds? I have a Lovebird, a Parrotlet, and two Lineolated Parakeets. They are a lot of fun, and a lot of mess!

Lisa

Replies

• brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My two cats ( who hate each other ) would join forces and eat any birds.

Thus I can't have birds.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well then, I guess I'm glad you don't have any!

My two cats ( who hate each other ) would join forces and eat any birds.

Thus I can't have birds.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    i used to have some birds.

but i am allergic

but i really miss my red lore damazon
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    What a bummer to be allergic.
  • gngracie
    gngracie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a cockatiel named Cosmo, but we usually call him squawky. He's a moody little booger, but we love him. :heart:
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Sounds like my Parrotlet, Frosty. Very moody little guy!
  • gngracie
    gngracie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We were warned when we got him that tiels are like 2-yr-olds, and I think that was a perfect description for our guy. He's so temperamental! But he's also a sweet little guy when he's not acting like a little booger. :smooched:
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I always think of Tiels as even tempered birds. You must have gotten a feisty one! All parrots are like toddlers, tough. Toddlers that never grow up.
  • Llorry
    Llorry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in Parrot Rescue and we have many birds here in rehab..around 30 at any given time ..that includes my own.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I actually have an 21 year old African Grey he is named Rebel and a 20 year old White Capped Pionus, she is named Murphy Brown...hand fed both of them. And, I have 4 rescue cats. So, they can live in harmony, with watchful eyes. :) When the birds are out, either on our laps or on top of their cages or playgym, either myself or husband are paying close attention. The cats kind of enjoy them ,,,,especially when the Rebel throws the chicken or turkey on the floor, that he is tired of. :) They ignore the squash and green beans that are slung their way.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Wow. You've had them a long time. You must be very attached to them.

Hi guys,

I actually have an 21 year old African Grey he is named Rebel and a 20 year old White Capped Pionus, she is named Murphy Brown...hand fed both of them. And, I have 4 rescue cats. So, they can live in harmony, with watchful eyes. :) When the birds are out, either on our laps or on top of their cages or playgym, either myself or husband are paying close attention. The cats kind of enjoy them ,,,,especially when the Rebel throws the chicken or turkey on the floor, that he is tired of. :) They ignore the squash and green beans that are slung their way.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yup,,,they are like my kids.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We have 1 senegal parrot named Sammie (she's my baby) two lineolated parakeets named Buttercup and Pippin and 10 finches. I'm considering adding an indian ringneck to the flock. We lost our grey a couple years ago. He was only 13, so it was hard and took awhile before we wanted another bird.

Oh, and we also have 2 cats and 5 dogs. I don't worry about the cats. They aren't the least bit interested in the birds.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I have Linnies, too! Two males. Pebbles and Cooper.
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Sun Conure on my head as I write this. His name is Shemesh and he often hangs out with my when I'm on the computer. :-)
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    We have 6 lovebirds, all of them are different colors. If any of them give us babies, we'll hand raise the babies, but these ones were meant to just be 'for looks' and they were older by the time we bought them from pet stores. They're lovely and like to chat with us. We've tamed them but it's so hard because to keep them tamed you have to hold them every day, and I just don't have time for that. But, they're happy in their little flock. All of them get along nicely together.

eta - Oh, their names are Tweety and Roo, Peachy and Fire, Summer and Winter.
  • thekarens
    Options
    I have Linnies, too! Two males. Pebbles and Cooper.

I have a cremino hen, Buttercup, and a turquoise male, Pippin. They are both very sweet and don't bite, but prefer playing by themselves on the play gym than spending time with me. I'm considering getting a couple more later in the year. They are a lot of fun to watch.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    They are funny little things. I like the noises they make. And they can talk if they want to. Mine are totally bonded to each other, but are still tame when out of their cage. One really hates to step up, though! I really like the way they move slowly like larger birds.
  • thekarens
    Options
    They are funny little things. I like the noises they make. And they can talk if they want to. Mine are totally bonded to each other, but are still tame when out of their cage. One really hates to step up, though! I really like the way they move slowly like larger birds.

They walk slowly hunched over (at least mine do) until you try to get them to go back in their cage and then they run like the devil :) What colors are yours? I'm thinking about getting a cobalt and green this year some time.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Oh, yes! They can move quickly when they want to! Mine are Green and Turquoise. I'd love to have a Mauve and a Cobalt. Maybe someday.