Weekly Challenges

Options
jennegan1
jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
So I was apart of another group that did weekly challenges and did a point system and it seemed to keep me in check and kept me motivated....Thinking of adding new members and hopefully by next week can start doing new challenges and at the end of each week the winners will be listed

Replies

• JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun!
  • jennegan1
    Options
    I got the idea from the group that we were in...Kinda sad to see it end. But I think that instead of booting people out if they dont participate then they just wont be apart of the winners....I understand we all have bad weeks months or days and not everyone can do things consistently but would like active members and to keep things going
  • keonor89
    keonor89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I can't wait to hear all about how it works. :-)
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Awesome!! I think you all can invite others if you want if not pass the name along to me and Ill do it
  • jennegan1
    Options
    How long should the challenge last for? 30 days, 60 days 90 days...Til June 21st for most of us Summer??

Ideas for challenges?
  • AmandaTerry11
    AmandaTerry11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    30 day squat or plank challenge? Granted the squat one is really hard on me due to problems with the knees. Might be one to do when we lose a bit more weight but the planks are great!

Challenge to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Challenge to exercise or walk so many minutes a week. Idk I'm not good at this stuff. :)
  • jennegan1
    Options
    30 day squat or plank challenge? Granted the squat one is really hard on me due to problems with the knees. Might be one to do when we lose a bit more weight but the planks are great!

Challenge to exercise or walk so many minutes a week. Idk I'm not good at this stuff. :)

Those are still good ideas....I suck at getting squats done... I do about 25 of them I hold 5 lb hand weights near my shoulders...As I stand up I push them up over my head...Regular ones I havent done in a while but think I did about 50 last time..... I got bad knees as well I did a challenge with squats and lunges and by weeks end my knees were hurting
  • Polly_B
    Polly_B Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the challenges in the other group!
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Love the challenges in the other group!

Me too made me feel so motivated and inspired to lose weight
  • LuisEOJr
    LuisEOJr Posts: 40 Member
    Options

That sounds like a great idea. I think the one I fail the most would be the water drinking one. I always drink 2 MAYBE 3 glasses and then forget to continue. But yeah good thinking. (You seem great at this stuff)
  • LuisEOJr
    LuisEOJr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    AmandaTerry11 had a great idea (I see you saw it)

I have another thought to add too that.

Different challenges

Small, big and unique

Small would be the weekly ones, 7 days is a short time when looking at the big picture here. But it is better do to those small challenges to keep constant motivation up (works better for me). So like Amanda said, squats, planking, drinking water or many other things (such as different exercise).

Big things such as a 30/60/90 day challenge and while people are doing the small weekly ones, they are working up to the big ones and seeing how well they are progressing.

Then there is the unique ones, like a random thing you (or anyone else has come up with) for the day/week. For example, a challenge of doing a workout/exercise that they have never tried before.

Sound good?
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I can't run or jump on the floor due to knee and hip issues. But I can jump on my trampoline when it isn't raining. I have done jumping jacks on it.

I have scoliosis, too, which has caused some of my problems. And though I can bend backwards, I can't hunch forward due to the shape of my spine (ie can't do crunches but can do back bend pushups). Having been a gymnast, too, in spite of my issues believe it or not, has taken its toll on my body--2 surgeries (2008 and 2011) on my left knee, which still bothers me sometimes. I'll do what I can, but may have to modify some of the challenges.

Let's do this!!!