Calories?

Options
How many calories is everyone working with? Based on my weight and activity level (or lack thereof), MFP gave me an 1850 daily bank of calories which feels REALLY high. It also makes me really sad to know how many calories I must be eating on a regular basis to be this big.

yesterday I ate 1600 calories which felt very comfortable and "doable". Are you all using what MFP calculated for you, or have you reduced that number even more?

Replies

• eleeseeC
    eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you can safely eat less than the recommended MFP number as long as you don't go below 1200. Use the MFP number as an upper limit.
  • jarbatz
    jarbatz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Denise - I have 1850 as well! I can't believe that is right. I didn't lower it but I am always trying to be under that.
  • laneymama
    laneymama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 1420. That doesn't seem like enough though! But I started off with more - I forget how many exactly. But I lost 25 lbs. - then gained 9-10 back. But I don't know if my calories went back up when I gained.
  • eleeseeC
    eleeseeC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can adjust your calories by changing the "pounds per week" you want to lose in the goals section. It defaults to 1 pound per week. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
  • piranha54
    Options
    I have 1660, with a 1.5 pound a week goal.
  • nisems
    nisems Posts: 9
    Options
    ok, I just adjusted to a goal of losing 1.5 lbs a week and it droped me to 1600. I think I'll keep it there for a while and see how that goes.