What about Merby? :)

Options
Some of us men play derby too ;) I'm hoping you ladies won't mind me joining the group.

Derby Love from the Chicago Bruise Brothers

Replies

• rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Merby is great! I watched Oly verses Your Mom today, and it left me feeling really sad. Did you watch the USARS tournament?
  • blunder_bolt
    blunder_bolt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love me some Mens derby. Only seen one bout (Bristol Vice Quad Vs MK Quads of War) but it was pretty brutal, and fun!

I'd love to form a team but there aren't enough men in our area. I'll just do ref training and practice with our local derby league (Severn Roller Torrent) for now.

I'm going to the Mens Derby world cup in Birstol in March for my stag do. Its only an hour north of where i live :)
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Merby is amazing.

The men put their bodies so much more on the line than women do. It's really cool to see it progressing skills and tactics wise too.
  • blunder_bolt
    Options
    Merby is amazing.

The men put their bodies so much more on the line than women do. It's really cool to see it progressing skills and tactics wise too.

I've noticed Mens derby is all about the Shoulder checks compared to Derby.

there was a mens mixed scrim near me this weekend. I so wanted to go but I haven't passed minimum skills yet :(
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Derby players of all persuasions are welcome! However.. I prefer the term "derby with a dangle". It has a nice ring to it!
  • awfulwaffle73
    Options
    i LOVE men's derby. but, hey, maybe i'm biased as i'm a mrda recognized official and do work with mrda behind the scenes. i'm a proud nso with the new york shock exchange. :)

really, i think i'm at the point where i enjoy watching men's derby more than i do women's derby.
  • crashmandi
    crashmandi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We've got a team here Victorian Vanguard that I'm hoping to help ref their scrimmages this year :)

Derby with a dangle! Priceless!
  • TheDotz
    TheDotz Posts: 12
    Options
    Love men's derby! I'm the official coordinator with the Big O Roller Bros!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to MRDWC? I'll be there! :D
  • blunder_bolt
    Options
    Anyone going to MRDWC? I'll be there! :D

Me :) As my stag do, no less. Its going to be great.
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    We have much love for our Phoenix Rattleskates here in AZ: http://www.phxderby.com/
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Oh my ponies! How good was the mrdwc!! 2 of my league members were in the aus team and one got named in the dream team! Whoo!!!

Australia was the surprising dark horse.
  • MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    'merby' is amazing....went to the MRDWC last weekend....literally blown away by the skills of the athletes and the incredible atmosphere :D
  • Nikki_Gerhardt
    Nikki_Gerhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Merby rocks too!