Day 5 - Let's go again...

Options
KAR1959
KAR1959 Posts: 4,237 Member
Day 5 - 30 sit ups / 12 crunches / 12 leg raises / 20 second plank - Done

I had to break up the sit ups...but I got them all done!

Replies

• windija
    windija Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Done..
  • doubleclick_darling
    doubleclick_darling Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Completed. Planks are starting to really reach the point where they're difficult to get the full time.
  • hollyglanville0912
    hollyglanville0912 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well I officially hate sit ups!! Had to break them up into sets of 10 but day 5 is complete!!

How's everyone finding it?
  • spaina96
    spaina96 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done.
  • windija
    windija Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I officially hate sit ups!! Had to break them up into sets of 10 but day 5 is complete!!

How's everyone finding it?

I started the challenge in December 30th, and I was doing the day 1 challenge for two days before the challenge officially began. the situps were so hard the first day that I just could not do them, instead I did 20 crunches. but now I really feel stronger. I noticed that when I exercise before the challenge they are easier than if I don't. And they are also 2nd after the plank.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Got them all done. Someone asked how we are all doing. This has been fairly easy for me so far. I know it will kick my butt later. But I have been working out lots in the last year. So I am no beginner. I do the leg raises both legs at a time. Increases the intensity. Situps were slow and steady. I am not putting my feet under anything. I hate crunches. Just saying. I just don't find they do much. I would rather do more planks. Still doing one minute planks.

I did day two of T25 today before the abs challenge. I enjoyed doing it. Got my heart beat up, made me sweat enough to almost need a raft. The last 8 minutes or so were the most challenging. It was pretty much non stop. Before that you would move for a minute, then stretch. So it was like a mini break between each exercise. It was fun.

Then I did some Body Weight workouts. They included Jumping Jacks, Squats, Burpees, Push-Ups and Mountain Climbers.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the end of this challenge. :) Lots of sweating there.

Shelley
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Did day 5 at 6am today before my 7 3 mile sorta run at a 10:28 pace thru the snowy strees of Boston. I think I'm good for the day.
  • natalielg89
    Options
    Managed to do a straight 20 sit ups before practically falling over (... y'know, if I wasn't already on the floor..) which is a huge improvement for me already :D

My boyfriend is helping me out with times and ensuring form is correct and keeps pushing me to complete my sets when I start panting and whimpering. So good to have online and offline support.

Hope you all had a fab day- see you tomorrow!
  • Santasmincepie
    Options
    Done.

The leg raises for me are starting to get hard. One leg at a time is too easy so doing both is hard work at the moment. Hope it gets easier once I'm back at the gym.
  • Soritaia
    Soritaia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done. Surprisingly the crunches are toughest for me so far. I think doing them right after the sit ups is the reason.

I also find that crossing my arms across my chest instead of behind my head helps with the sit ups. Prevents me from ripping my head off during each one, lol.

Sounds like everyone is keeping up so let's keep it gong ladies and gents. We got this!
  • ttiger33
    ttiger33 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sorry for not posting 1/2/14-1/3/14 results.. completed should post after I finish in am. but thought would post in evening.. home late blah blah.. will do better now on.
    1/5/14 done
  • TLCPharmD
    TLCPharmD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    day 5 done....whooowhooo!!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,292 Member
    Options
    Got them DONE!!
  • jenniferlamb13
    Options
    Sadly, I let one rest day become like three, BUT I did day five today. I have to decided if I am going to do day 6 today as well or just stay a couple days behind. Either way, I will finish this challenge even if its a few days late.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I let one rest day become like three, BUT I did day five today. I have to decided if I am going to do day 6 today as well or just stay a couple days behind. Either way, I will finish this challenge even if its a few days late.

You could do the current day and catch up the others as you have time. That way you will still be with the rest of us. :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Day 5- done