Does anyone else here love hot tea?

Options
I've been drinking lots of hot tea lately. Cold weather and winter months can be a downer so I try to find things to love about this season and I just find tea very therapeutic I love holding a warm cup in my hands and that great smell. I know there are other tea lovers out there, so I thought it might be fun to make a thread here where we talk about some of our favorite teas and learn about new ones to try. I don't get anything fancy, I just buy tea begs at the grocery store. I have so many I love, but I'll just list five of my favorites: Bigelow Vanilla Chai, Celestial Seasonings Blueberry Breeze Green/White Tea (this one is discontinued and that makes me sad because I have yet to find a replacement that I like as much - any suggestions?), Traditional Medicinals Organic Chamomile with Lavender, Twinings Jasmine Green Tea and Tazo Cocoa Mint Mate.

Another great bonus of being a tea drinker is that some teas have potassium. Also, you can always put coconut oil in (I've tried this and this make your lips feel great too).

What are some of your favorites?

Replies

• Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love the vanilla chai! I also like to be social with my friends and go to starbucks but my previous starbucks drinks are way to carby for this girl, so now I drink hot tea and my favorite is Zen with a packet of splenda!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I drink it all morning. I like: Yogi Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut, Yogi Classic Indian Spice, Yogi Green Tea Blueberry and Celestial Seasons--Sweet Harvest Pumpkin and Gingerbread Spice [both of these are only available this time of the year and often on sale right now] Sometimes I add just a smidgen of almond milk or [big treat] Half and Half---also I like to mix in more cinnamon.

Really fills me up and keeps me happy all morning.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I love tea too!

My favorite is lady grey twining, kusmi English breakfast and chamomile tea from Italy.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm also a tea-enthusiast :) and because there's a great local tea-house a 10 min walk from my office I like to buy my loose tea from there and often mix and match!

My fave mixes:

Ooglong & Mint
    Oolong & herbal fruit teas (especially citrus or lemongrass)
    Oolong & spicy herbal teas (like cinnamon or cardamom)
    Green & Lavendar
    Green & Rose
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made tea with half water and half hot milk? If so, how did u like it
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    All day long. Keeps me sipping instead of chomping on something I don't need.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love red rooibos tea. My grocery carries the Twining's brand. It's chock full of antioxidants, caffeine free,
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I looooooove tea. It is pretty much my go-to drink.
    I love the Celestial Seasonings blends, Tazo, and another that I get from World Market (but can't recall the brand at the moment).

My absolute favorites, however, are the blends of loose leaf tea that I get from Teavana. Droooooooooool!!!

I also enjoy plain ol' Lipton tea with my own low carb chai concentrate stirred in. Delish!!!
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea. Hot or cold on ice. Yum. One of my favs as well as regular orange peko tea with a little cream or 1/2 n 1/2. Perfect end to any meal.
  • msnucerity
    Options
    Also, brewing a big cup of STRONG chai tea mixed with vanilla protein powder and topped off with water to thin out as you wish = protein chai latte :)
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Also, brewing a big cup of STRONG chai tea mixed with vanilla protein powder and topped off with water to thin out as you wish = protein chai latte :)
    I'm going to have to give the protein powder addition a try!
  • msnucerity
    Options
    I'm going to have to give the protein powder addition a try!

And I've found (because I ran out of vanilla and was desperate) that brewing the same cup of strong chai tea with a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder tastes like a grown up hot chocolate protein shake :)

*edited bc I can't spell*
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have been buying a lot of different teas since I began Carb Cycling in combination with Intermittent Fasting.

I'll have my caffeinated teas before breaking my fast in the morning:
    Green Tea
    Earl Grey
    Constant Comment
    Jasmine Flower
    The warmness and aroma calm the hunger pangs.

In the evening, when I begin my fast, I have herbal teas:
    Sleepy Time
    Chamomile
    Fruit Teas--I'll also put them in my morning green tea to vary the taste.
    Mandarin Orange Spice
    Peppermint
    The sweetness of these calms my taste buds.

These are merely supermarket brands: Celestial Seasonings or Bigelow.
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea addict! Hot or cold, it doesn't matter. But Lipton is my favorite regular brew, and Yogi brand is my go-to herbal -- Raspberry Leaf, Kava Stress Relief, and Soothing Carmel Bedtime. Here's a question ... what kind of sweetener do you add if any?
  • mixelated
    mixelated Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I pretty much drink tea all day long.
    I start off in the morning with a couple of cups of my 'keto tea' - Assam with Kerrygold butter, stevia, and unsweetened almond milk. Then I switch to green tea for a cup or two... maybe an oolong if I need it... then shift to herbal teas like ginger, peppermint, peach or orange... and later in the evening tulsi tea or Bengal Spice. Sometimes I add almond milk to the ginger or fruity teas - a spicy orange with almond milk is really good.

I had the flu last week and tried to keep the fluids going - couldn't stand water, so poured down a few gallons of hot lemon-ginger tea and a cup of just about everything in the cupboard. Made a serious dent in my tea stash.
  • mixelated
    mixelated Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I love it. But you can skip the water, too, and steep it directly in the hot milk, for a stronger, smoother taste. I ask for it that way if I'm out at Starbucks or something - I get a tea latte "no water" - and they brew the tea in the steamed milk. Mm!
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Stash Premium licorice spice. The longer you let it steep the sweeter it gets without getting bitter. I fight with letting it steep as long as I can or drinking it right away. I used it to wean myself off my 3tsp sugar and cream orange pekoe. Just love it. It's nice iced too.
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I bought this product called Oregon Chai Sugar Free Chai Tea Latte Concentrate (I found it at Walmart in a carton in the tea section) and I mixed it with unsweetened almond/coconut milk. It's easy and pretty good. It's very sweet tasting though so you may want to add a little at a time to your taste.
  • transmute
    transmute Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there is more tea in my pantry than actual food or ingredients! I'm not an addict though. I could stop any time I wanted... I just don't want to...

I was actually not aware that people drank tea iced until I visited the USA a decade ago. Up until then, I'd only ever known hot tea (and felt a shudder of revulsion any time I accidentally took a sip of tea that had gone cold... to think that people actually PURPOSELY drank it cold was a real mindbend).
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I've always been a big tea drinker. I love tea. I've never had a cup of coffee. I used to drink a lot of green tea, but recently gave it up as it likely has radiation contamination from Japan. (I used to live in Japan and know the area). Now, I've been searching for an acceptable low carb tea (according to Atkins) and Chamomile or any of the decaf herb teas are good. I've always liked Chamomile and fine it easy on my stomach. I'm kind of sad about giving up green tea, but it's a decision I want to stick with. Green tea is basically grown in Japan and in China. Black tea comes from India and other places. Many people say green tea is still safe to drink as the radiation counts are very low. It scares me though.
    ps. even if the green tea is from China, their processing process isn't too healthy either, so I'm cutting all green tea out.