Gastric Bypass & LCHF

Options
Rei1988
Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
My mom had gastric bypass & gained almost all her weight back. Now they are thinking of doing it again! This enrages & saddens me. I really don't want her to go through with it again, I'm worried about her safety. She saw how I loss weight on keto & I told her she should give it a try. She is skeptical because her stomach is so sensitive to oily/fatty foods. I'm convinced she could still do it. They have her on this high-protein & fiber obsessed diet -.-

Anyone have experience with LCHF post-surgery? I'm making it my mission to convince her their is another way.

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I think this is one case where 'check with the doctor' is really a good idea. Hopefully her doctor will know steak from cereal and be able to help. If not, maybe a referral to someone who does know?
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have had a gastric bypass and am fine on LCHF..
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I found that my problems with fat and oils only seem to be when I eat them with high amounts of carbs. Once I reduced them, all my digestion issues seemed to disappear.
  • Kgremmy
    Kgremmy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did not have gastric bypass but I had the sleeve and I am fine. Matter of fact, I do better with my weight loss with LCHF.